Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM

869 posts, read 972,690 times

Advertisements

They think God created Adam and Steve instead of Adam and Eve. They also think that the rectum, which is an organ of foul smelling body waste elimination is a copulatory one. They also believe that nothing can be biblically inferred if it goes against their sexual preferences. In short, they are rewriting the Bible and demanding that we accept their twisted interpretations while cunningly complaining that they are being treated unjustly when told what the Bible plainly says. They have even gone so far as to say that Jesus himself was a homosexual.

BTW
Funny but I don't see homosexuals attempting to mess with the Koran or their prophet Mohammed that way. Maybe because the Moslem believer tends to react a bit severely.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
They think God created Adam and Steve instead of Adam and Eve. They also think that the rectum, which is an organ of foul smelling body waste elimination is a copulatory one. They also believe that nothing can be biblically inferred if it goes against their sexual preferences. In short, they are rewriting the Bible and demanding that we accept their twisted interpretations while cunningly complaining that they are being treated unjustly when told what the Bible plainly says. They have even gone so far as to say that Jesus himself was a homosexual.

BTW
Funny but I don't see homosexuals attempting to mess with the Koran or their prophet Mohammed that way. Maybe because the Moslem believer tends to react a bit severely.

This post is a good example of what the thread title is pointing out.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You can't answer the questions either, eh?
And your point is what..

since people didn't obey God with those laws then why stop with morality?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The Creator, that is why saying what you just said also does not excuse you from not following all of the laws. But of course the question is not about whether the creator gets to decide, it is if people in religion have interpreted the meaning correctly in the first place. Many are pointing out the greater evidence that they have not.

But, just in case they have, you had better get your own crap together because right now your not gettin in.
Kinda empty threats don't ya think .... since there is no concept of "not getting in" in your make believe land.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Kinda empty threats don't ya think .... since there is no concept of "not getting in" in your make believe land.

This isn't about what I believe. Hold yourself to your own system of belief for a change.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
And your point is what..

since people didn't obey God with those laws then why stop with morality?

Still can't answer the questions.

Why are you and others so focused on one thing and not the others...
Why are you ignoring what else it has to say?

Do you wear clothes with two fabrics? Do you shave?

Do you think that you should burn to death someone?
Or stone someone?
Does that sound like something that would come out of the mouth of God who says that He *IS* LOVE??

Rightly divide the word of TRUTH.
Jesus said "You have heard it said...

BUT....

I SAY..."

for a reason.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Or stone someone?
Does that sound like something that would come out of the mouth of God who says that He *IS* LOVE??

BUT....

I SAY..."

for a reason.

One aspect of this is primarily about hypocrisy, Christianity doesn't want homosexuals in positions of leadership, but men who shave is no big deal even though the context they place the scrioptures is would seem to indicate that there are plenty of ministers who shave and that would indicate an intentional disrespect for Gods word, in that context.

We also know what Jesus said about hypocrisy.

This is a primary indication that the context and understanding on this matter is inherantly flawed in the traditional theology that Christians are taught.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Or maybe you were.....still are reading the story while wearing your hate goggles towards God.
No, no... I majored in writing, so I can read quite well, thank you. I'm quite capable of reading the story and seeing that it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

And if God met the two of us today, I'd much rather be in my shoes than yours.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Or stone someone?

BUT....

I SAY..."

for a reason.
You're not asking questions ... you're throwing out accusations.

Sounds like you have the issues. I can't help it if your bubble bursts when you just can't get around to the fact that God isn't a hippie.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
You're not asking questions ... you're throwing out accusations.

Sounds like you have the issues. I can't help it if your bubble bursts when you just can't get around to the fact that God isn't a hippie.

Actually it is just an expectation that you hold yourself to your own system of belief, if you believe a practicing homosexual will reap Gods judgment in some manner, then if you shave, you will be subject to the same.

You said I was making empty threats in my last post, but it is you who believe certain biblical threats are real and you will include homosexuality in them. So if you shave then are those threats empty coming from your system of belief or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity