Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, not at all, it still applies to your belief system, if a homosexual can be said to not gain eternal life then if you shave or do not follow any of the other laws, you will reap the same fate, or are you saying someone who does not follow Gods law gets eternal life with God.

The idea that a homosexual is listed as someone who will not gain eternal life is inferred by other traits that are applied to homosexuality.

The same can be done with shaving, if you shave (among other laws you do not abide by) then you are willfully disobeying God. So the same inference can be used to show that YOU still are subject to the same fate you say the bible applies to the homosexual
Shown by whom .... your idea of a toothless God?

Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Shown by whom .... your idea of a toothless God?
By you, you have already shown me, If I am to believe you about homosexuality, then it is apparent that you ignore the laws you are breaking and are in willfull disobedience to God. YOUR belief system will be what dictates your fate based on that truth.

Are you saying willfull disobedience gains a person eternal life with God?

Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
It does not say outright anything about lesbianism so to infer that verse to the whole of sexual orientation is a misunderstanding of what is intended. To extract that one verse and say in the midst of other verses that it has nothing to do with cleanliness is a misunderstanding of the intent as well.

OH PLEASE, TAKE TIME TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE.

Romans 1:26,27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lust. (EVEN THEIR WOMAN EXCHANGED NATURAL SEXUAL RELATIONS FOR UNNATURAL ONES. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with woman and were inflamed with lust for one another. MEN COMMITTED SHAMEFUL ACTS WITH OTHER MEN, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

So yes, Scripture does say that woman as with the men exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, and like the men were inflamed with lust for one another. No matter how hard you try to twist the Scriptures. No playing with words will allow you to escape the clear and obvious understanding of the written word.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Do you wear clothes that have more than one fabric? Do you shave?
What about if your priest's daughter is a hooker? Are you going to help burn her at the stake? How about if someone curses God, will you do your duty as part of the community to stone that person to death?
Campbell likes to cherry pick which laws he will follow and which he won't. Assuming he's not a closeted anti-gay, that's an easy "sin" for him to not participate in, while condemning others. The other laws affect him personally, so obviously they are no longer valid.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
By you, you have already shown me, If I am to believe you about homosexuality, then it is apparent that you ignore the laws you are breaking and are in willfull disobedience to God. YOUR belief system will be what dictates your fate based on that truth.

Are you saying willfull disobedience gains a person eternal life with God?
There is no such thing as "eternal" in your bubble.... so take up your mocking with God.

If you think you know better, then will see who's the invincible arrogant .......you or God.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No it doesn't Campbell. 1 Cor 6:9 states Arsenokoites, which did not mean men having sex with men, unless it was pagan prostitution or pederasty. And it is a big leap to use homosexual, since that's not what Arsenokoites means, and homosexual includes women, where as Paul never mentions women in that verse. An obvious sign of translator corruption and bias.

The Bible also condemns being a self-righteous know it all, but you seem to have to problem with that one.

Playing with words will not allow you to ignore the written word. Leviticus 18:22 clearly states. Do not have sexual relations with a man a one does with a woman; that is detestable. And Romans speaks of both men and woman turning for natural sex, and burning with lust for the same sex.The Bible condems those who would ignore it's clear teachings in order to support their sin.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I remember reading this story over and over back in college and couldn't figure out where anyone gets that this was all about homosexuality. Maybe I wasn't reading between the lines while wearing my hate goggles.
Genesis 19 4But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them."

That's the only reason Sodom has ever been claimed to be destroyed for the sin of homosexuality. Because the towns people wanted to rape the visitors. Of course, people who make that claim ignore history where it was very common for men to rape men, women, and children to humiliate and shame them, and it didn't make them gay. Rape is about control and power, not sex.

Of course, that begs the question why Lot offered his virgin daughters to be raped instead. If all the towns people were gay, why would Lot bother to off them women to rape?

8Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.

Wanting to rape strangers is certainly bad, but it's not the crux of why Sodom was destroyed. Treating strangers poorly was.

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

Good luck getting someone like Campbell to understand that though.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
OH PLEASE, TAKE TIME TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE.
False premise, you are already on the wrong track. My disagreement with you does not show that I do not study the bible.

Quote:
Romans 1:26,27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lust. (EVEN THEIR WOMAN EXCHANGED NATURAL SEXUAL RELATIONS FOR UNNATURAL ONES. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with woman and were inflamed with lust for one another. MEN COMMITTED SHAMEFUL ACTS WITH OTHER MEN, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

So yes, Scripture does say that woman as with the men exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, and like the men were inflamed with lust for one another. No matter how hard you try to twist the Scriptures. No playing with words will allow you to escape the clear and obvious understanding of the written word.

First, you are proving the thread title correct with this post.

Secondly you cannot define homosexuality using those verses. Heterosexuals can exchange the natural relations for unnatural ones. So can homosexuals because the verse above is about relations that are of an abusive self gratifying manner, using others for your own sexual need.

It is known that often sexual relations void of love can take the form of not actually caring who you have sex with, men with men when a man is actually naturally inclined to men. The nature of scripture is about how our hearts are geared to one another, there is nothing in there that defines homosexuality. You believe it does because the thread title is correct.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Campbell likes to cherry pick which laws he will follow and which he won't. Assuming he's not a closeted anti-gay, that's an easy "sin" for him to not participate in, while condemning others. The other laws affect him personally, so obviously they are no longer valid.

The Bible condems homosexuality, don't blame me for that reality. And any truth revealed form the Bible requires one to consider the verses that adresses the topic. And the topic here is on homosexuality.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Genesis 19: 4-5 (NIV)

" Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.
They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight?
Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

The KJV used the phrase "to know them" .... to "know them" in the Biblical sense is sexual relations.

I'd much rather you get out of your hate shoes and into God's truth.
If those men were all gay, why did Lot offer his daughters to them instead? You are aware a man raping another man doesn't make him gay right? And that rape does not equal homosexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity