Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Religion....NO. Basic principles of how to live and how to behave.....YES. That includes but is not limited to PRAYER. I see a theme here with you Doug S.......you are here simply to bash Christianity and all that it entails. Being the one who sees all and knows all.....that must be a huge burden to bear.
are you stalking me on here Ilene wright????
wow, what you are saying about me is not very Christian of you. Judge not, lest ye be judged......

I say that RELIGION { not just christianity } should not be taught in public schools because this country was founded on a basis of separation of church and state and freedom of religion. Prayer should not be taught either because this is a fascet of religion. What if the childs parents are atheist and dont beleive in a God? Who would the child be praying to if the parents tell them there is no God?

And the basic principals of how to live and behave can be taught and understood without mention of religion.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
are you stalking me on here Ilene wright????
wow, whI say that RELIGION {at you are saying about me is not very Christian of you. Judge not, lest ye be judged......
LOL, that made me really lol. It's late and you're stuck with me! I've partaken of too much water turned to wine so you'll please excuse me for jumping all in your ****!! Ha ha!!

I
Quote:
say that RELIGION { not just christianity } should not be taught in public schools because this country was founded on a basis of separation of church and state and freedom of religion. Prayer should not be taught either because this is a fascet of religion. What if the childs parents are atheist and dont beleive in a God? Who would the child be praying to if the parents tell them there is no God?
Ok, I get that. That includes ALL religions, and that's not what is happening. The only thing (religion) that has been taken out is Christianity and praying to God. Everything else remains. And it's "facet", not fascet.

Quote:
And the basic principals of how to live and behave can be taught and understood without mention of religion.
Not true. The Bible is our guidebook son, and we can't survive without it. I know atheists like to put on a good front and present all the evidence (alleged) but in the end it's all we got. It's quite profound.....tell me.....what versions of the "Bible" are you reading?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 PM

[quote=Ilene Wright;19144181]
Quote:
LOL, that made me really lol. It's late and you're stuck with me! I've partaken of too much water turned to wine so you'll please excuse me for jumping all in your ****!! Ha ha!!

IOk, I get that. That includes ALL religions, and that's not what is happening. The only thing (religion) that has been taken out is Christianity and praying to God. Everything else remains. And it's "facet", not fascet.

Not true. The Bible is our guidebook son, and we can't survive without it. I know atheists like to put on a good front and present all the evidence (alleged) but in the end it's all we got. It's quite profound.....tell me.....what versions of the "Bible" are you reading?
I beg to differ. Christianity is not the only thing taken out. Islam isnt being taught or any other religion. It just so happens Christianity is the dominant religion in this country so it just seems that wayI agree that the Bible is literaly filled with good and moral teachings, but these things can be taught without it.

As for the bibles im reading, well, I have my trusty KJV, my NIV, and my NKJV.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:40 PM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
Quote:
True Christians wont hate you, because True Christiasns will realize that you are one of gods children as much as they are. The ones that spread messages of hate twords you will suffer the wrath of the God they claim to love

[LEFT]I never see adulterers, fornicators, liars, thieves, spiritists, murderers, gluttons, pedophiles etcetera going around complaining that Christians hate them. I never felt that Christians hated ME when I wasn't living according to Bible principles. In fact, if I choose to sin against God I still won't believe that Christians hate ME. So it comes across as rather strange that the only ones complaining about being hated are the homosexuals since all of us have to refrain from things that we once loved to do and could go around saying the same thing but we don't.[/LEFT]

Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolair View Post
You don't really believe in Christ anyway. Just using the Bible to find contradictions. Honestly, for someone who actually uses a concordance (not like many Christians), you have to be someone of a truly wicked conscience to deny the very truths you should have become aware of by now. G'day I'm out.
How would you know what I believe? I'm a Messianic Jew. I point out contradictions because i'm tired of the stupidity of the fundamentalists making all believers look bad. Good riddance.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
[LEFT]I never see adulterers, fornicators, liars, thieves, spiritists, murderers, gluttons, pedophiles etcetera going around complaining that Christians hate them. I never felt that Christians hated ME when I wasn't living according to Bible principles. In fact, if I choose to sin against God I still won't believe that Christians hate ME. So it comes across as rather strange that the only ones complaining about being hated are the homosexuals since all of us have to refrain from things that we once loved to do and could go around saying the same thing but we don't.[/LEFT]
I tried to rep you but I couldn't.....given out too much reps for 24 hrs. I like this post, just wanted you to know that.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Religion....NO. Basic principles of how to live and how to behave.....YES. That includes but is not limited to PRAYER. I see a theme here with you Doug S.......you are here simply to bash Christianity and all that it entails. Being the one who sees all and knows all.....that must be a huge burden to bear.
It is illegal for public schools to teach prayer as a requirement. It's a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You can't survive without the Bible? Sounds like you worship the Bible above God. What on earth did all those Christians do before the Bible was Canonized?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 PM

I just thought I should clarify that Im not gay

Old 05-13-2011, 09:54 PM

[quote=Doug S. 123;19144243]
Quote:

I beg to differ. Christianity is not the only thing taken out. Islam isnt being taught or any other religion. It just so happens Christianity is the dominant religion in this country so it just seems that wayI agree that the Bible is literaly filled with good and moral teachings, but these things can be taught without it.

As for the bibles im reading, well, I have my trusty KJV, my NIV, and my NKJV.

Ok, throw me a bone would you? You're reading three of the most trusted versions of the Bible but you still want to argue faith and science? Sorry, that's the other thread. Christianity IS the only "religion" taken out.....do you know what your child is reading? I don't because I don't have school age children but do you REALLY know what they are reading? I mean, did you or could you distinguish between Greek Mythology and the "truth"? That's what we were taught, but I never for a second believed any of that stuff because I was "taught" differently, and it stuck.

I can tell you were taught differently also but you're questioning things, which is perfectly normal imo. But please, next time you venture into unknown territory really think about what it is you're saying, where you're saying it, and who you're saying it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity