Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

[quote=Ilene Wright;19144442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post

. But please, next time you venture into unknown territory really think about what it is you're saying, where you're saying it, and who you're saying it to.
Who better to ask than the very people I want to answer it?

Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You can't survive without the Bible? Sounds like you worship the Bible above God. What on earth did all those Christians do before the Bible was Canonized?
LOL!! Put 'em up, I say I say put 'em up! This is funny and anyone who knows me now knows I'm a Universalist......with fundamentalist leanings, lol. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM

869 posts, read 971,935 times
Quote:
Ilene Wright:

I tried to rep you but I couldn't.....given out too much reps for 24 hrs. I like this post, just wanted you to know that.
Thanks!

Here is website providing a Christian insight into the subject.
THE CULT OF HOMOSEXUALITY

Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
LOL!! Put 'em up, I say I say put 'em up! This is funny and anyone who knows me now knows I'm a Universalist......with fundamentalist leanings, lol. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Lol, by your own admission, i would say you have drank too much wine

Old 05-13-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Lol, by your own admission, i would say you have drank too much wine
LOL, I was quoting someone very famous btw.....but wait......you might be too young for that.....I don't know.....but his name is ....... ....... and he's a proud sob.....

Edit to add: BTW, I don't drink wine

Old 05-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Nice chatt'n with ya Ilene, I think im gonna sign off for the night

Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Nice chatt'n with ya Ilene, I think im gonna sign off for the night
OK lightweight, see you on the other side!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Genesis 19: 4-5 (NIV)

" Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.
They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight?
Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

The KJV used the phrase "to know them" .... to "know them" in the Biblical sense is sexual relations.

I'd much rather you get out of your hate shoes and into God's truth.
So what does heterosexual men threatening to rape two men (angels) have to do with homosexuals?

Have you read Judges 19 and the story of the Levite stranger? Same thing was threatened by a gang of men...except they ended up gang-raping the Levite's concubine (female) all night.

Rape was used by straight men to humiliate strangers, to humiliate captives in war etc... this is not about homosexual men.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
If those men were all gay, why did Lot offer his daughters to them instead? You are aware a man raping another man doesn't make him gay right? And that rape does not equal homosexuality?
I've yet to meet a Christian who uses the story of Lot and Sodom to condemn homosexuals who has even read Judges 19 and the story of the Levite.

Similiar story: the Levite stranger was threatened with rape by a gang of townsmen, yet it's the Levite's female concubine who ends up being gang raped all night. It's obvious these men were not homosexual just as those in the story of Sodom were not homosexual.

Why do people who condemn homosexuals ignore this story? Probably because they have never heard of it.
Most haven't even read the whole Bible, let alone studied it in it's original languages and cultural contexts.

So here is a chance for those people to read Judges 19:
Judges 19 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
If those men were all gay, why did Lot offer his daughters to them instead? You are aware a man raping another man doesn't make him gay right? And that rape does not equal homosexuality?
Most men who rape other men are heterosexual, not homosexual.

The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer (http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32361 - broken link)

Quote:
Historically, the rape of males was more widely recognized in ancient times. Several of the legends in Greek mythology involved abductions and sexual assaults of males by other males or gods. The rape of a defeated male enemy was considered the special right of the victorious soldier in some societies and was a signal of the totality of the defeat. There was a widespread belief that a male who was sexually penetrated, even if it was by forced sexual assault, thus "lost his manhood," and could no longer be a warrior or ruler. Gang rape of a male was considered an ultimate form of punishment and, as such, was known to the Romans as punishment for adultery and the Persians and Iranians as punishment for violation of the sanctity of the harem (Donaldson, 1990).
Quote:
The phrase "homosexual rape," for instance, which is often used by uninformed persons to designate male-male rape, camouflages the fact that the majority of the rapists are not generally homosexual (Donaldson, 1990).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity