Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 01:45 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolair View Post
Hang on there...I agreed that they shouldn't be teaching sexuality at all in school, but a family consisting of a father and mother (male and female) is the normal healthy situation. That's what is to be taught. Not the abnormal unhealthy situation of same-sex couples. I know it's quite prevalent, but so is theft. We ought not to teach what is wrong.
Here's a little lesson for your misinformed and hateful posts from the American Psychological Associations(educated professionals, unlike some posters)>>>>>>>

Lesbian & Gay Parenting: Theoretical & Conceptual Examinations Related to Lesbian & Gay Parenting

Old 05-14-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Definition of SODOMITE
: one who practices sodomy
See sodomite defined for English-language learners »

First Known Use of SODOMITE
14th century
Sodomite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of SODOMY
: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal
— sod·om·it·ic \ˌsä-də-ˈmi-tik\ or sod·om·it·i·cal \-ti-kəl\ adjective
See sodomy defined for English-language learners »

Origin of SODOMY
Middle English, from Anglo-French sodomie, from Late Latin Sodoma Sodom; from the homosexual proclivities of the men of the city in Genesis 19:1–11
First Known Use: 13th century
Sodomy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Jude 1:7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Genesis 19:5 and they (the men of the city) called to Lot and said to him, ''Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.''

Lot offered his daughters instead, but the men of Sodom wanted to have sexual relations with the men instead.

Genesis 19:6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, 7] and said, ''Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. 8] Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.'' 9] But they said, ''Stand aside.'' Furthermore, they said, ''This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them.''

Gen 13:13 'Now the men of Sodom were wicked exceedingly and sinners against the LORD.' The men of Sodom indulged gross immorality and went after strange flesh...more specifically, homosexuality.

Sodomite = one who practices sodomy. Sodomy = anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal.

Sodomy certainly includes homosexuals. Homosexuals are sodomites.
Aren't we "special"....... FYI........MOST sexually active adults are "sodomites"..... IF you knew the definition of the word, which you obviously don't!

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty pastel blue by the way.....I love it!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,744 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Aren't we "special"....... FYI........MOST sexually active adults are "sodomites"..... IF you knew the definition of the word, which you obviously don't!

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty pastel blue by the way.....I love it!
Shalom...yeah you're special ...but G-d isn't winking. Yes, for His Christ's sake He loves you so very much, but it's that G-d is ing down on the personal physical abuse you've committed your soul to of the body which belongs to His Holy Spirit. The Blessings of The Eternal One set you free. Amen.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 AM

176 posts, read 288,728 times
My, my, my, my, my.

It amazes me how prevalent hatred continues to be in America. Those of you against homosexuals, I challenge you to step back and realize how ridiculous you're being.

On the subject of natural homosexuality:

Yes, it is natural, and not a choice. Those of you saying it is a choice, and a sin, need to explain to me why there are so many gay animals running around.

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I mean, did your "god" put these animals on Earth just to confuse us? We are animals, mammals, primates, and other than evolving great intelligence, we are no exception to the rule, therefore, some of us are gay.

On the subject of what the Bible says about homosexuality:

I don't care. The Bible means as much to me as the Harry Potter book series, although I enjoy the Harry Potter series much more! The Bible is a book of rules that some religious folk follow. There's a LOT of religious books other than the Bible. The Qur'an, Torah, Satanic Bible, Kojiki, Daozang, Book of Shadows, The Book of the Dead, Arul Nool, and the Digha Nikaya to name a few. Most of you Christians probably don't care about those books. I take it one step further, I don't care about those OR your Bible. A lot of people in this country don't care about your Bible. Considering this is a free country, we are allowed to not care, and live however we want. Free to be gay, and free from religion. It is not your place, or anyone's, to force your own religious rules on others. I don't care if it's your "job" to "save us from our sins", stick to your house and your church and let us enjoy our freedom. You people argue the right or wrongness of homosexuality by consistently pointing out religious text. I don't get that, because like I just said about ten times, religious texts MEANS NOTHING to people who don't believe in it. Not to mention the fact that you guys are being extremely hypocritical by following one rule and disregarding or staying mute about the other silly rules in your book.

So just to drive this point home. Your Bible says being gay is a no-no. Okay. I don't believe in the Bible. So that argument has completely failed. Please move onto a different argument.

On the subject of homosexual parents being bad parents:

This is no different than saying black people are bad parents, or poor people are bad parents, or Japanese black belts are bad parents. BAD PARENTS ARE BAD PARENTS. There is not, and will never be a rule to being a bad parent. If you're discriminating against others calling them a bad parent when you don't even know them, guess what, you're probably an example of someone who would be a bad parent!

I'm a straight, well-educated, patriotic woman with a loving boyfriend, who is waiting to start a family until I've established a successful career, who is kind and helpful to others, and socially adept and guess what? I was raised by lesbians. Loving, wonderful, GOOD parents. Who are gay.

On the subject of homosexuality being abnormal and unhealthy:

I think people who believe this live in places like Kansas and Iowa, because I can't imagine you guys have ever been to a well populated city? I live in Washington, DC, and there are gays holding hands everywhere I look! Everywhere! It's not because we're a sinful city either, it's because places with high populations in America tend to be richer in culture and the citizens of those cities tend to be more educated as well.

As far as gays being unhealthy, hah. Hah, hah, hah. You know what's unhealthy? Your teenage son getting herpes because his school didn't teach him how to put a condom on thanks to ridiculous abstinence only education, and you didn't teach him either. Abstinence is an example of something that's abnormal, whether you want to accept it or not, when kids mature they want to have sex, its NATURE, and it's not something you will ever be able to run away from. You as a parent not wanting to teach your child how to have sex safely so that they are prepared in case they make mistakes is an example of something that is unhealthy.

*Sigh*

I think I'm done. If anyone counters this post with scripture I'm going to go bang my head on the wall.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindwarf View Post
*Sigh*

I think I'm done. If anyone counters this post with scripture I'm going to go bang my head on the wall.
How about this scripture...

The words spoken between two women - Ruth and Naomi.

"Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”

Or from 1 Corinthians:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

(Both of these passages are often used at heterosexual weddings and gay and lesbian commitment ceremonies and weddings)

Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 AM

176 posts, read 288,728 times
That scripture is cool.

There are good parts of the Bible no doubt. I think it's a nice story, if anything else.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindwarf View Post
That scripture is cool.

There are good parts of the Bible no doubt. I think it's a nice story, if anything else.
There are some beautiful words to be found in the Bible. It's a shame more so-called Christians choose to spend their time spreading ignorance, bigotry and condemnation of others, rather than focusing on Jesus's main message of love.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom...yeah you're special ...but G-d isn't winking. Yes, for His Christ's sake He loves you so very much, but it's that G-d is ing down on the personal physical abuse you've committed your soul to of the body which belongs to His Holy Spirit. The Blessings of The Eternal One set you free. Amen.
Oh toots....... but he/she certainly is winking...... because IF there is a "God" as you mean, he/she surely made me Gay to test how other "Christians" treat their fellow man and IF you all are leaving the judging to he/she and not muscling in on his/her territory.

Glass houses and all.

What physical abuse......I guarantee I'm in better physical shape than you are or can you carry 40 pounds in a backpack and walk 5 miles in the Florida......heat/humidity.

Keep in mind I only weigh 125 pounds so if you are heavier you'll need to carry a proportionately greater weight in relation to body size.

I was set free at 13 when I quit the Roman Catholic Church....of which I can certainly comment upon .

But I try to remain respectful of others.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
Great strides have been made in this country since 1947. Religion is one thing that absolutely should NOT be taught in public schools.
It's because religious values are nolonger taught, we now have to teach our boys how to put their condems on. If that is what you call a great stride, you can have it.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:09 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
There are some beautiful words to be found in the Bible. It's a shame more so-called Christians choose to spend their time spreading ignorance, bigotry and condemnation of others, rather than focusing on Jesus's main message of love.
Jesus main message is that the world is going to Hell. And only the few that follow Him and the Biblical teachings are going to heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity