Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus main message is that the world is going to Hell. And only the few that follow Him and the Biblical teachings are going to heaven.
Proof that you are not a follower of Christ....

....and that you don't actually read the Bible.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:16 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Jesus main message is that the world is going to Hell. And only the few that follow Him and the Biblical teachings are going to heaven.
Wow you have a screwed up view of Christianity.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:22 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
First of all, your ignorance of the story of Sodom is duly noted. The story involved gang rape. That isn't homosexuality. And it's statistically impossible for all of Sodom to have been gays. Not to mention, Lot would not have offered his daughters to be raped if the men were gay (and btw, how charming - Lot offering his daughters to be raped. Great morals you live by). Gang rape is bad, but it's not the primary reason for Sodom being destroyed.

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].

It was how the villagers treated strangers - by being arrogant and greedy and not offering them anything that God destroyed Sodom. Learn history already would you.
Ezekiel 16:50 Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

Lev 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Jude 7 Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire

Obviously the men of Sodom intended to commit homosexual rape on the angels that they thought were men.

Excerpt:
Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?

The site above also mentions that homosexuals attempt to explain away the biblical condemnations of homosexuality by claiming that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality. Homosexual gang rape is certainly inhospitable.

Regarding this comment that you made ''(and btw, how charming - Lot offering his daughters to be raped. Great morals you live by).'' Lot had no business offering his daughters in place of the men who he was trying to protect.

Quote:
As for your definition, that means all heterosexuals are sodomites too. Nonetheless, that's not what the original meaning of the word is based on the Bible.

Deut 23:17 There shall be no ***** of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

From the Hebrew:

קָדַשׁ

Qadesh

1) male temple prostitute

That's what is defined as a sodomite in the Bible. Dictionaries develop words based on common usage, not their original meaning. And words change. There was no concept of "homosexual" in the Bible, so to claim Sodom was full of homosexuals is nothing but intellectual dishonesty.

And honestly Mike, and you and koolair are some of the nastiest people I've ever dealt with here. You behave much like Fred Phelps and his disgusting family.
You seriously need to re-examine things if you in anyway think you behave like a Christian or like Christ.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ." - Gandhi

Excerpt:

Gill's Exposition of the entire Bible

And there were also Sodomites in the land, Such as were addicted to unnatural lusts between men and men, which the men of Sodom were guilty of, from whence they had their name: Jarchi interprets the word adultery and some versions render it whoremongers; and filthy actions of this nature, both by men and women, usually attended idolatrous practices among the heathens; in their temples and groves such wickednesses were privately perpetrated:
1 Kings 14:24 There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

Sodomites - male shrine prostitutes committed homosexual acts. The word Sodomite as mentioned in the excerpt above refers back to the practices of Sodom. Homosexual acts,whether a part of religious idolatry or not, are an abomination. Something that is morally disgusting.

The word of God is clear in its condemnation of homosexuality. God condemns all sin, but the topic of this thread is the sin of homosexuality.

Homosexuals make every effort to explain away the Bible's condemnation of homosexuality in order to justify their sin.

You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Lev 18:22.

Last edited by Michael Way; 05-14-2011 at 09:48 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Aren't we "special"....... FYI........MOST sexually active adults are "sodomites"..... IF you knew the definition of the word, which you obviously don't!

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty pastel blue by the way.....I love it!
Refer to post #423.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Proof that you are not a follower of Christ....

....and that you don't actually read the Bible.

Proof that I do read the Bible, and Proof that I do not ignore it's warnings.

Matthew 7:13

You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow Gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide (FOR THE MANY WHO CHOOSE THAT WAY.)

Note the Bible states for the many who choose that way.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Proof that I do read the Bible, and Proof that I do not ignore it's warnings.

Matthew 7:13

You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow Gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide (FOR THE MANY WHO CHOOSE THAT WAY.)

Note the Bible states for the many who choose that way.
Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,b but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
It's because religious values are nolonger taught, we now have to teach our boys how to put their condems on. If that is what you call a great stride, you can have it.
You know, despite our diffrence of opinion on this subject, I think there are alot of things we would agree on. However, I hold firm on my stance that religion should NOT be taught in PUBLIC schools. If it were, what religion would it be? What if the parents were of a diffrent religion or no religion at all? Im pretty sure your a Christian, so what would you think if you had a child in public school that was being taught Islam? Would you support it then? Too many peop,le think that no religion in schools is refering to Christianity but its not, it refers to all religions. How fair would it be if a muslim couples children were being taught Christianity in schools? This is why if a school is publicly funded, somthing as personal as religion should be left out.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
Quote:
Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,b but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

As previously explained-Christians don't hate homosexuals just as Christian don't hate adulterers, thieves, murderers, or any other habitual unrepentant sinner. They have a duty to point out their error. But that doesn't constitute hatred. Quite the opposite. It is an act of loving kindness since it warns of an impending danger-destruction and loss of God's grace as repeatedly described in both the OT and NT.

So although most find it annoying, it's an obligation to inform unrepentant sinners about it.

Ezekiel 33:
6 “‘Now as regards the watchman, in case he sees the sword coming and he actually does not blow the horn and the people itself gets no warning at all and a sword comes and takes away from them soul, for its own error it itself must be taken away, but its blood I shall ask back from the hand of the watchman himself.’

As for love, true, Christians are under obligation to express love. However, that doesn't involve loving evil behavior. Actually, Jesus himself is praised for hating evil.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Being holy Jesus never loved or encouraged evil. If he had, then he would have been morally flawed. The Bible clearly tells us he wasn't. Jesus was familiar with and in total in agreement with all the scriptures present in the OT concerning the hatred of evil such as the following.

Proverbs 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Amos 5:15
Hate evil, love good; ....

Psalm 97:10
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: ....

The Apostle Paul tells us that such hatred of evil is incumbent on Christians:

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

That hatred, of course, includes whatever God considered abominable:

Jeremiah 44:4
Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Corinthians 13:

And your point is?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
And your point is?
Apparently lost on you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity