Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 01:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Jesus didn't have a word to say about pedophiles, masochists, rapists, sadists, and wife beaters either. Does that mean that he considered those things unimportant? Actually, after his ressurection Jesus sent a Revelation to John in which condemns sexual immorality.

Revelation:
1."The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John."

Revelation 22:15 >>
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
NIV 1984)

BTW
After Jesus was resurrected and glorifed he personally appointed Paul as an Apostle. So rejecting him doesn't please our Lord in the least! Thats why when the apostle Paul under divine inspiuration says the folowing:

1 Corinthians 6:9 (New International Version 1984)
9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders....

We should listen.
Actually, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality because He knew it was the soul that God is interested in and not the material body. This body we wear is only a costume. When we die, it's removed and all that's left is the spirit and soul, the real you. So, being born a male with a female soul is not a sin. It's what we do to the soul that is not with love that's the sin. Any homosexual can live under the laws of God and get to heaven just as any heterosexual. Jesus and Luke give very good sermons on this to our church.

"While it is true that the two parts of the complete soul incarnate - in the great majority of cases - in bodies of opposite sex, this is not a rigid rule, and there are cases, where this doesn't happen. But this, you understand, has nothing to do with homosexual inclinations. In consequence, you will understand that in the reuniting of the souls returned to the spirit world, there is not necessarily a union of souls, where one incarnated in a male and the other one in a female. Don't understand me wrong, but sexuality no longer exists here, soul mates and homosexuality don't have anything to do with each other, they are completely different things, at levels separated by a distance of years of light". This one is from Judas Homosexuality. HR 30 Aug 2001

Old 05-16-2011, 08:09 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Do you suppose every word of Christ was captured in the gospels? I don't remember him encountering homosexuals in scripture. Paul was an apostle selected by Christ to minister to the gentiles - his words are the inspiration from Christ, though some are hard to understand. Don't fall into the Islamic mischief that Paulian doctrine is different from Christ's.

On homosexualty - it is a spirit, once you cast away that spirit the person becomes normal, but first the 'afflicted' must be willing to have the spirit cast out of him. these are the practical steps to come out of it.

First and foremost is Baptism of the Holy Spirit- full immersion in water, preceeded by confession of sin. First immersion is in the name of the Father, 2nd immersion is in the name of the Son, 3rd immersion is in the name of the Holy Spirit. The baptism should only be conducted by one who has the Holy Spirit otherwise the person may not receive the Holy Spirit and his situation will still be he same. After baptism, please follow up ASAP with the steps below.

1. Admission that his/her situation is wrong

2. Confession of sins, prayer for forgiveness, with a 6am to 6pm fast (no food, no water) for 3 days.

3. After the 3rd day carry out fruit fast till you get to the 7th day. Fruit fast - eat only fruits and water , whilst still praying to God to instill in you the right spirit, and remove the spirit of homosexuality.

4. Day 7, start with fast 6am to end at 12 noon. Make sure four (4) married and straight couples join you in this prayer at noon. They (8 people) should surround you and the head of each couple (4 persons prays, not 8!) should pray for you in the four corners, thanking God for your deliverance. After their prayers for you, all should do the ff:

a) Shout Alleluia 3 times whilst jumping
b) Shout Hossana 3 times whilst jumping
c) Shout Amen 3 times whilst jumping.
d) Each couple will now shake your hands and declare you free from the spirit of homosexuality.

5. Conduct a love feast. remember to pray to God declaring that with this love feast, you are now set free. Also before serving the feast recite the ff verses:
a) John 6:51
b) 1Coirnth 10:16-17

or only recite

a) Acts 2: 42- end

Anybody that genuinely wants to be free from the spirit of homosexuality can indeed be free!

Glory be to God in the highest!
This is a joke, right?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So you believe we should only look at the verses that you like while ignoring the others?

If you cannot express what your point is, why suggest it was lost on me?
Pure irony.

No, I am suggesting you read the WHOLE Bible. You appear to be the one who "only looks at the verses that you like while ignoring the others".

I would also suggest studying history and the cultures in which the Bible was written. That way you might get SOME idea what the writers were referring to.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

It doesn't work that way. Sorry bub. Homosexuality is as natural as hetersexuality. Get over it. They aren't sinners as long as they love just like married people can live in sin if love is not the basis. I see more married people sinning than I do homsexuals. I have quite a few friends who are gay or lesbian and we also have a lesbian minister in our church. God is very well pleased with them all because they are all very loving people.
Surely the poster was joking? The post read like a parody. But perhaps they were serious. In which case, I find it just completely bizarre that someone thinks that jumping around shouting halelujah! can actually change a person's innate orientation. "Praying away the gay" has been shown to be both ineffective as well as harmful.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
It is inbuilt, yes. Natural, no. I have also seen criminals and murderers who appear nice to other people.

It is inbuilt because there is a spirit responsible for that condition. Unless your eyes are open you cannot discern this spiritual truth. The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. I have homosexual friends and they are like other heterosexual beings.

A homosexual bent can be reversed, I have not told you that they are the only sinners. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. A fornicator is a sinner, homo or hetro. But the homo bent is not normal, it is abnormal and the result of a spirit in the person. The steps I have outlined will drive out that spirit and welcome the spirit of God which is a big deal.To acquire the Holy Spirit is no mean feat. Its like if you are programmed to receive an important visitor in your home. Will you

a) Keep your home trim and tidy?
b) Keep it disheveled?

Which one will the visitor prefer? Not rocket science.

All I am saying is that homosexuals possess a spirit that enables them to function that way.
How bizarre. Do you also believe men walked with dinosaurs and the earth is only 6000 years old?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Every sentence is total opposite from the truth.........They are part of the "wicked list" that will be damned.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes
nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers ......
will inherit the kingdom of God.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.
They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

God says it "P E R V E R S I O N" Jude 1:7 Romans 1:27

boo hoo The Truth says homosexuality is unnatural, perversion, chosen abandonment by those who practice it, detestable to God
and those who call it "good" ... WATCH OUT! Isaiah 5:20
Here's a clue. The Bible wasn't written in English. What you are reading is a translation/interpretation of Koine Greek. And a flawed one at that.

1 Cor 6:9 was used to condemn masturbators for hundreds of years before a translator for the ESV Bible in the 1950s decided to incorrectly use the word "homosexuals" in that verse.Others quickly jumped on the bandwagon.

Perhaps you should read the next verse, because you have just excluded yourself from the Kingdom of God.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
In other words this person creates his god in accordance with his own special needful specifications. Of course this requires that his god have absolutely no moral demands for his worshipers. Which conveniently means, of course, that this god's worshipers are allowed to amorally and sinfully boogy to their hearts' content without nary a care in the world. Sound like any god the Bible might describe? Hmmmmmm? Ummmm, you know-like Satan the Devil perhaps?

Exodus 20:1-15 ESV
And God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me.
Anne Lamott: "You can safely assume that you have created God in your own image when it turns out God hates the same people you do."

Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
There are some beautiful words to be found in the Bible. It's a shame more so-called Christians choose to spend their time spreading ignorance, bigotry and condemnation of others, rather than focusing on Jesus's main message of love.
He is not just a "lovey-dovey" guy who ignores sin. He confronted them but showed love and mercy to those who repented. It just peeves me when Jesus is viewed as a guy who is all about love, love, love and nothing else. This is the kind of Jesus that most of us have created in our own mind. He is not just someone who focused on love, but he confronted so many issues, only did he did it with love and mercy.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:16 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Here's a clue. The Bible wasn't written in English. What you are reading is a translation/interpretation of Koine Greek. And a flawed one at that.

1 Cor 6:9 was used to condemn masturbators for hundreds of years before a translator for the ESV Bible in the 1950s decided to incorrectly use the word "homosexuals" in that verse.Others quickly jumped on the bandwagon.

Perhaps you should read the next verse, because you have just excluded yourself from the Kingdom of God.
That's right .... it wasn't written in english. Yet that's the basis you're using. Go to Strong's Greek and Hebrew dictionary .... the word that was used was Greek word (#733) ἀρσενοκοίτης

ἀρσενοκοίτης [pronounced ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace] ------ a sodomite.

(FYI: the KJV used the term "of themselves" because of other greek wording that was used in connection with #733 was to the male genre and to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively):—be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie and bed.)

It does not surprise me that you would be incorrect about verse 10. There is nothing slanderous about stating that God declares homosexuality as immoral sexual behavior (chosen as it is) and that He considers it perversion and as such idolatry.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 AM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
Quote:
Using the bible to prove the bible gets you nowhere....
That depends on what you consider getting somewhere. If it means convincing you and others like you that homosexuality is wrong-then it doesn't get me anywhere. But if it means demonstrating that you people misrepresent what the Bible really tells us-then-well, heh! heh! That's another kettle of fish.
Quote:
You think scripture is inspired by god,....
That's a logical conclusion in view of all my previous statements.
Quote:
....but your opinion doesn't make it so.
I agree! my opinion is incapable of transforming any book into something other than what it is. Actually, that's what YOU are attempting to do. Transform the Bible into your own moral image. That's called projecting.
Quote:
You should try doing a bit of research on the origins of that bible you hold in your hands today....
Ummm. that would be utterly redundant since I already have. Thanks for the positive suggestion anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity