Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 11:06 AM

869 posts, read 972,310 times

Advertisements

This is the Jesus they refuse to see:

Quote:
The Rider on the White Horse
Quote:

Revelation 19:

11 I saw k heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great."

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's right .... it wasn't written in english. Yet that's the basis you're using. Go to Strong's Greek and Hebrew dictionary .... the word that was used was Greek word (#733) ἀρσενοκοίτης

ἀρσενοκοίτης [pronounced ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace] ------ a sodomite.

(FYI: the KJV used the term "of themselves" because of other greek wording that was used in connection with #733 was to the male genre and to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively):—be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie and bed.)

It does not surprise me that you would be incorrect about verse 10. There is nothing slanderous about stating that God declares homosexuality as immoral sexual behavior (chosen as it is) and that He considers it perversion and as such idolatry.
קדש [pronounced kaw-dashe] - male temple prostitute, sodomite

Deut 23: 17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.

As for Arsenokoites:

Around 35 A.D., the Jewish philosopher Philo (a contemporary of Paul’s) held that arsenokoites referred to shrine prostitution (Philo, The Special Laws, III, VII, 40-42).

History of Arsenokoites - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Once again, you have proven you have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 AM

869 posts, read 972,310 times
I once met this fellow who read the Apostle Paul's counsel about marriage and had the disconcerting stubborn habit of ignoring all context, inventing his own context and then claiming that Paul was approving of his adulterous lifestyle. One can only wonder, in view of Paul's straightforward, clear, statements whether such verbal histrionics are:

1. really sincere,
2. caused by some type of learning disability
3. by partial demon possession
4. or by partial insanity

Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
I once met this fellow who read the Apostle Paul's counsel about marriage and had the disconcerting stubborn habit of ignoring all context, inventing his own context and then claiming that Paul was approving of his adulterous lifestyle. One can only wonder, in view of Paul's straightforward, clear, statements whether such verbal histrionics are:

1. really sincere,
How can an English rendition of Paul's statements, when Paul didn't write in English be clear and straighforward?

One can only wonder whether the anti-gay crowds density, close-mindedness, and intellectual dishonesty are:

1. really sincere,

Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
קדש [pronounced kaw-dashe] - male temple prostitute, sodomite

Deut 23: 17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.

As for Arsenokoites:

Around 35 A.D., the Jewish philosopher Philo (a contemporary of Paul’s) held that arsenokoites referred to shrine prostitution (Philo, The Special Laws, III, VII, 40-42).

History of Arsenokoites - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Once again, you have proven you have no clue what you're talking about.
The only thing that is proven is that it's obvious that it's wanton refusal to say that 1 Cor 6:9 isn't about homosexuality.
So as the obedient foot soldier of the master you seem to be following ... you change the focus.

It's unfortunate to what lengths evil will go to justify their perversion. Take those links as supposed "see told ya"
I don't care what links Satan has out there.
If you want to use dogs that go to their vomit that Satan has at his disposal ... that's totally up to you.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
How can an English rendition of Paul's statements, when Paul didn't write in English be clear and straighforward?

One can only wonder whether the anti-gay crowds density, close-mindedness, and intellectual dishonesty are:

1. really sincere,

I think it is time this thread is moved to the gay & lesbian forum. If you want to insult believers, you can do it there.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think it is time this thread is moved to the gay & lesbian forum. If you want to insult believers, you can do it there.
So it's fine when you guys do it, but not when other people do? Nice double standard. And FYI, I'm a Messianic Jew, which falls under the believer category.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Marlbron that's YOUR fundamentalist denomination. I don't go to a legalistic, hateful church. My church has openly gay members and gay people can be pastors.
We don't baptize by immersion or three times. And what does THAT have to do with anything anyway?

Fundies just don't know when to quit or shut up. They are always right as rain.
That's why we keep our fundie in-laws several hundred miles away. Because having dinner with them is always a time for preaching, pontificating and pointing out the flaws of others.
How Chistlike...
I looks like you have not assimilated my write up? I don't subscribe to hatred of any human being no matter their bend , race , faith etc.

All am saying is that homosexuality is a result of a spirit inside the being, which can be removed. The way I know how to remove it is what I have highlighted

Old 05-16-2011, 05:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
So it's fine when you guys do it, but not when other people do?
Do what?

I am saying this thread needs to me moved to the gay & lesbian forum where is obviously belongs.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
No, the soul that is male can inhabit a female body. The material body is just a shell and when we die, we will no longer wear it and our true person shows in our soul. You think what you want though but in the spirit world, you won't even kow who was or wasn't gay.
You have some knowledge, but you are still not there. Allow the spirit to teach you so you can arrive. Now yiou are absolutely rightthat the flesh is just a shell.

In the spirit, there is neither male or female, we are all one. That is why I pity people that discriminate against others. It is from a lack of knowledge.

There are various afflictions that affect us on earth. Most are due to elementary spirits entering our system. The homo bend is exactly that and you can get the spirit to leave permanently. It is similar to the spirit of lust, you can also expel that spirit and I know what am talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity