Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 05:37 PM

910 posts, read 1,339,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If it's not natural, why does almost every animal species on Earth have homosexuals?

There is no evidence God has ever changed one's orientation. So no, it can't be reversed. The only people who believe this are the psycho "pray the gay away" anti-gay hate groups who seriously injure homosexuals with their lies. I know devout Christian gays who have prayed for God to change their orientation for decades, and he always reassures them he's fine with the way they are. He never changes them.
I don't imagine that you read your scriptures. Who caused Pharoa\h to keep the Isrealites? Who healed the afflicted?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If it's not natural, why does almost every animal species on Earth have homosexuals?

There is no evidence God has ever changed one's orientation. So no, it can't be reversed. The only people who believe this are the psycho "pray the gay away" anti-gay hate groups who seriously injure homosexuals with their lies. I know devout Christian gays who have prayed for God to change their orientation for decades, and he always reassures them he's fine with the way they are. He never changes them.
I assume you have done a detailed study of animal species that are homos? Please post. However, the reason for homo bent is like I have told you a spirit - and that spirit can be made to leave, if the person wants to.

I will want you to read this scripture. John14

For you to qualify to ask, you must obey and practise his commandments.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Marlbron that's YOUR fundamentalist denomination. I don't go to a legalistic, hateful church. My church has openly gay members and gay people can be pastors.
We don't baptize by immersion or three times. And what does THAT have to do with anything anyway?

Fundies just don't know when to quit or shut up. They are always right as rain.
That's why we keep our fundie in-laws several hundred miles away. Because having dinner with them is always a time for preaching, pontificating and pointing out the flaws of others.
How Chistlike...
See the problem with some posters here. Reading a post with a mindset! Where have I said that homosexuals should not be welcomed in church? No where!

All I have said is that it is spiritual and can only be exorcised through baptism, fasting and prayers. There are tons of spiritual afflictions - lust among heterosexuals is one for instance. Jesus prayed for Mary Magdalene and cured her prostitution and Mary Magdalene became one of his best friends. I havve not preached hatred, I only gave a prescription!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This is a joke, right?
Your Lordship,

Which sentence in the prescription do you consider a joke, sir or mam? Point it out to your eager student, if you please!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM

869 posts, read 972,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero

Predation is also present in nature but it wasn't part of God's original plan. The present condition of nature is debased and out of control. In fact, much of it is under the control of Satan who has been given a certain leeway until his time arrives. That's why the Bible promises a recreation-a new heavens and a new earth and a removal of the god of this world.

Isaiah 65:17
I will create a new heaven and a new earth. Past things will not be remembered. They will not come to mind

2 Peter 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away,

Old 05-16-2011, 07:33 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,932,345 times
I'm not a Christian and I have not read your thread, but being gay is a lifestyle. It has characteristics and a community. The characteristics are often promiscuity and other negative character traits. I think that is the main reason homosexuality gets a bad rap . . .that and the parts don't go together the way they do with opposite gender people.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
I don't imagine that you read your scriptures. Who caused Pharoa\h to keep the Isrealites? Who healed the afflicted?
What does that have to do with reparative therapy?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do what?

I am saying this thread needs to me moved to the gay & lesbian forum where is obviously belongs.
Are there gay and lesbian forums?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I assume you have done a detailed study of animal species that are homos? Please post. However, the reason for homo bent is like I have told you a spirit - and that spirit can be made to leave, if the person wants to.

I will want you to read this scripture. John14

For you to qualify to ask, you must obey and practise his commandments.
God doesn't change people's sexual orientation. Not a single shred of evidence exists indicating otherwise.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
See the problem with some posters here. Reading a post with a mindset! Where have I said that homosexuals should not be welcomed in church? No where!

All I have said is that it is spiritual and can only be exorcised through baptism, fasting and prayers. There are tons of spiritual afflictions - lust among heterosexuals is one for instance. Jesus prayed for Mary Magdalene and cured her prostitution and Mary Magdalene became one of his best friends. I havve not preached hatred, I only gave a prescription!
Mary Magdalene was never described as a prostitute. That myth was started by Pope Gregory in the 6th Century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity