Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I'm not a Christian and I have not read your thread, but being gay is a lifestyle. It has characteristics and a community. The characteristics are often promiscuity and other negative character traits. I think that is the main reason homosexuality gets a bad rap . . .that and the parts don't go together the way they do with opposite gender people.
Homosexuality is not a lifestyle. That is a lie spread by the the anti-gay crowd. Most homosexuals are no different than heterosexuals. They get up, go to work, do the dishes, pay their bills, hang out with friends, etc. Most straight guys are viewed as far more promiscuous than gays. Any board I go to that has straight guys talking about dating and relationships is overwhelmingly dominated by them talking about how many girls they can bang over the weekend.

Heck, one thread has a guy posting his conquests, and his goal is to sleep with a different girl every week for the next year (in other words, he's trying to sleep with at least 52 women this year).

Shall I just declare all straight men as disgusting pigs and promiscuous losers?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:16 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Homosexuality is not a lifestyle. That is a lie spread by the the anti-gay crowd. Most homosexuals are no different than heterosexuals. They get up, go to work, do the dishes, pay their bills, hang out with friends, etc. Most straight guys are viewed as far more promiscuous than gays. Any board I go to that has straight guys talking about dating and relationships is overwhelmingly dominated by them talking about how many girls they can bang over the weekend.

Heck, one thread has a guy posting his conquests, and his goal is to sleep with a different girl every week for the next year (in other words, he's trying to sleep with at least 52 women this year).

Shall I just declare all straight men as disgusting pigs and promiscuous losers?
We'll just have to agree to disagree. What do you call "The Castro" if that is not a lifestyle? I had a very good gay friend and I used to hang out with he and his bf and other friends . . . and trust me, there was a lifestyle . . . there was bashing of women, acting out sexually, lots of stuff . . .

Are you saying that many gay males are not promiscuous? Anyone who has sex in bathrooms and rest stops and through holes in whatever is promiscuous in my book.

The lifestyle is totally focused on sex - leather shops, gay pride parades with people flaunting their parts . . .

I don't know about the comparison to straight males but I don't SEE straight males doing the things I have seen gay males do (such as the leather fetishes, groping on the street, etc.)

I am all for gay rights . . . just disagree that it is not a "lifestyle."

Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. What do you call "The Castro" if that is not a lifestyle?
I call it a section of the city where gays migrated to to be around like minded people. When you only make up a small portion of the population, you tend to flock to areas where others are like you. 85% of San Francisco is heterosexual, so gays migrated to the same area. Every city has this phenomenon. West Hollywood in LA, Key West in Florida, Greenwich Village, NY, Dupont Circle in DC, etc. etc. Homosexuality is nothing more than "the predisposition to be attracted to members of the same sex". It says absolutely nothing about their "lifestyle". There are celibate gays, gays married to the opposite sex with children, promiscuous gays, monogamous gays etc. etc. Stop generalizing.

Quote:
I had a very good gay friend and I used to hang out with he and his bf and other friends . . . and trust me, there was a lifestyle . . . there was bashing of women, acting out sexually, lots of stuff . . .
Just because your friend behaved like that doesn't mean all gays do. Stop generalizing.

Quote:
Are you saying that many gay males are not promiscuous? Anyone who has sex in bathrooms and rest stops and through holes in whatever is promiscuous in my book.
I'm saying some are many aren't. You can't claim all gays are promiscuous. Plenty of straight guys have sex in bathrooms, rest stops, and through holes. Does that mean all straight men are promiscuous and engage in a "lifestyle"?

Quote:
The lifestyle is totally focused on sex - leather shops, gay pride parades with people flaunting their parts . . .
Most gays do not attend pride parades, and lots of straights do. Not to mention, straights have even more sex shops than gays, and have you ever heard of Mardi Gras? It makes pride parades look like Disney World.

Quote:
I don't know about the comparison to straight males but I don't SEE straight males doing the things I have seen gay males do (such as the leather fetishes, groping on the street, etc.)

That's merely because there are more straights, so it's easier to see their differences than gays. It's much harder to meet diverse groups of gays. Your experience with them seems quite limited.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Amen. It is like all the people addicted to heroin. We love the people but believe the drug, misused, is horrible. We feel for those drug addicts because we know their addiction might end in death.
You're talking about Christianity/religion, right?
I agree.. such a sad lifestyle choice.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's right .... it wasn't written in english. Yet that's the basis you're using. Go to Strong's Greek and Hebrew dictionary .... the word that was used was Greek word (#733) ἀρσενοκοίτης

ἀρσενοκοίτης [pronounced ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace] ------ a sodomite.

(FYI: the KJV used the term "of themselves" because of other greek wording that was used in connection with #733 was to the male genre and to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively):—be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie and bed.)

It does not surprise me that you would be incorrect about verse 10. There is nothing slanderous about stating that God declares homosexuality as immoral sexual behavior (chosen as it is) and that He considers it perversion and as such idolatry.
It does not surprise me that you would be incorrect about verse 9 AND 10, or about what homosexuality is.

I use a lot more than just Strong's.

You might be interested to know that the KJV translators also used the word 'sodomite' as a translation of the Hebrew word qadesh in the OT. Qadesh were sacred male shrine prostitutes. Most modern english translators have corrected this.

But sadly many are continuing to incorrectly use the word "homosexuals" in 1 Cor 6:9 and 1 Tim 1. A trend that started in the 1950's.

Here's an in depth review of the Koine Greek words "arsenokoites" and "malakos" used by Paul in 1 Cor 6:9 by a Yale Professor of Theology.

Arsenokoités and Malakos: Meanings and Consequences | CLGS

Not that I think you would read it, but others might.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The only thing that is proven is that it's obvious that it's wanton refusal to say that 1 Cor 6:9 isn't about homosexuality.
So as the obedient foot soldier of the master you seem to be following ... you change the focus.

It's unfortunate to what lengths evil will go to justify their perversion. Take those links as supposed "see told ya"
I don't care what links Satan has out there.
If you want to use dogs that go to their vomit that Satan has at his disposal ... that's totally up to you.
1 Cor 9 is NOT about homosexualty. It was NEVER about homosexuality. The early church fathers did not use 1 Cor 9 to refer to homosexuality or homosexuals.

Greek secular texts never used the words arsenokoites or malakos to mean homosexuality. It was only in the 1950's that a prejudiced translator, commissioned by a conservative church, first incorrectly used the word 'homosexuals'.

Also, you appear to have forgotten that women are homosexuals too. "arsen" means male in Greek, so how could it even apply to all homosexuals?

Your prejudice is blinding you.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
See the problem with some posters here. Reading a post with a mindset! Where have I said that homosexuals should not be welcomed in church? No where!

All I have said is that it is spiritual and can only be exorcised through baptism, fasting and prayers. There are tons of spiritual afflictions - lust among heterosexuals is one for instance. Jesus prayed for Mary Magdalene and cured her prostitution and Mary Magdalene became one of his best friends. I havve not preached hatred, I only gave a prescription!
Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute. You are confused.

And you are confused about homosexuality as well.

There is a cure for that confusion - it's called educating yourself from reputable health sources.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Your Lordship,

Which sentence in the prescription do you consider a joke, sir or mam? Point it out to your eager student, if you please!
Pretty much everything other than the words "the" and "and".

Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I'm not a Christian and I have not read your thread, but being gay is a lifestyle. It has characteristics and a community. The characteristics are often promiscuity and other negative character traits. I think that is the main reason homosexuality gets a bad rap . . .that and the parts don't go together the way they do with opposite gender people.
Please educate yourself. Homosexuality gets a "bad rap" from people spreading misinformation, myths and stereotypes like you just have,

Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. What do you call "The Castro" if that is not a lifestyle? I had a very good gay friend and I used to hang out with he and his bf and other friends . . . and trust me, there was a lifestyle . . . there was bashing of women, acting out sexually, lots of stuff . . .

Seriously...you know NOTHING about the majority of gays and lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity