Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,775,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not a single shred of evidence exists that God has EVER legitimitely changed a person's sexual orientation from 100% gay to 100% straight.

What do you say to those devout Christians, who have in fact spent decades of suffering, anguish, depression etc. praying to God every single night to change their orientation, and he says no?
o

Youre wrong about 'not a shred of evidence' ... thousands of gay people have changed their sexual orientation just like billions have had their lack of moral-orientations changed as well thru the distinct power of Christ available to their behalf.

It is not Gods desire for a person to deviate from what he designed and implemented for our sexuality, and God never says 'no' to any one regarding that , for that would violate this own character , the way he designed people , and his written instructions to all of mankind. If some people cant change from their present homosexual acting out , then it is because either they havent reached the point of earnestly wanting to exit it, they have developed a support system to help justify staying in it, they are not willing or havent put in the hard work of processing thru it with guided christian counselling , they find emotional solace by going deeper into the lifestyle, and/or they have not yielded to Christ entirely thus allowing Satan to still have reign over their lives. These also happen to be the reasons for ANY compulsive addictive disorder that has a person enslaved --- the very reason Christ came to earth to die on the cross was for us to be overcomers of sin in addition to having all our many sins forgiven....so, that alone is proof positive that it is possible because its Gods biggest desire , his plan of salvation for everyone.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:52 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
o

Youre wrong about 'not a shred of evidence' ... thousands of gay people have changed their sexual orientation just like billions have had their lack of moral-orientations changed as well thru the distinct power of Christ available to their behalf.

It is not Gods desire for a person to deviate from what he designed and implemented for our sexuality, and God never says 'no' to any one regarding that , for that would violate this own character , the way he designed people , and his written instructions to all of mankind. If some people cant change from their present homosexual acting out , then it is because either they havent reached the point of earnestly wanting to exit it, they have developed a support system to help justify staying in it, they are not willing or havent put in the hard work of processing thru it with guided christian counselling , they find emotional solace by going deeper into the lifestyle, and/or they have not yielded to Christ entirely thus allowing Satan to still have reign over their lives. These also happen to be the reasons for ANY compulsive addictive disorder that has a person enslaved --- the very reason Christ came to earth to die on the cross was for us to be overcomers of sin in addition to having all our many sins forgiven....so, that alone is proof positive that it is possible because its Gods biggest desire , his plan of salvation for everyone.
so well said

Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
o

Ditto

Old 05-20-2011, 08:54 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
o

I'm sure you can back up this claim with legitimate evidence that doesn't come from fraud institutions like Exodus or NARTH?

Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM

204 posts, read 201,193 times
Quote:
I'm sure you can back up this claim with legitimate evidence that doesn't come from fraud institutions like Exodus or NARTH?

In my research the fraudulent data overwhelmingly appears to have been produced by homosexual activists whose pseudo-scientific attempts to justify homosexuality have failed consistently. Yet homosexuals continue to cling to inconclusive theories.

NARTH or any other group of psychologists, doctors, or scientists, would be applauded if they swam with the current of deception that has overtaken our nation, as in 1973 when the American Psychiatric Assoc. took a dive, declassifying homosexuality as a sexual/mental disorder simply because the behavior had no debilitating components, or in other words, homosexuals were still able to function in their daily lives and so the majority decided that it didn't meet the criteria for a mental disorder, though there was, and is, little to no evidence that homosexuality is nothing other than another psycho-sexual disorder.

Contempt for God and for the Word of God is born from the desire to resist the call for repentance, defending and justifying sin rather than recogizing it for what it is. This simply fortifies the delusion.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Moderator cut: warning

Please note that flames, personal attacks are not tolerated..Be civil and respectful or this one's closed

Old 05-20-2011, 01:06 PM

204 posts, read 201,193 times
Thank you for your response Fiyero. It seems to have been deleted, but I did read it. In short, I believe you strongly inferred that I didn't know what I was talking about. Are you referring to my faith, or that you believe you've found some study, or physiological evidence supporting the origin of homosexual orientation.

Christianity is a dual choice, we choose to believe in Christ's finished work, and He also chooses us. But after that the promised Spirit of God fills us, and for many, this is a tangible experience, eventually, if not immediately. It is that Spirit that provides the power to remain strong enough to resist the evil of this world.

Believing that men of God were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the contents of the bible is also a choice. Acting on homosexual compulsions is a choice as well. Etymological discussions about individual words plucked from the pages of the bible fail to produce anything convincing on either side. We all have commentaries, lexicons, bible software etc..., but I am interested in knowing what you believe you know about the origin of ones so-called homosexual orientation.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-20-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,775,275 times
Quote:
Until you can get beyond your apriori-philosophical bias for not wanting the Creator to exist for our creation...there isnt any kind or amount of evidence that would ever be enough for you....whether it be homosexuals who have exited the lifestyle or the physical evidence that is all around which can only come from a personal theistic Creator. Ergo, I encourage YOU to do some simply research for the evidence that you claim you are interested in as it will have a greater impact for you. Start here : www.ankerberg.com and www.impactapologetics.com on the subject of homosexual deliverance and evidence for the Creator of our Cosmos who is also your very Creator as well . In closing : Disobey our culture .. and not God. (end)

Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
Thank you for your response Fiyero. It seems to have been deleted, but I did read it. In short, I believe you strongly inferred that I didn't know what I was talking about. Are you referring to my faith, or that you believe you've found some study, or physiological evidence supporting the origin of homosexual orientation.
There is ample scientific evidence indicating that orientation is inborn, or develops due to a complex series of biological and environmental changes. Either way, one's sexual orientation is largely established long before people can make a choice about it. Not to mention, you seem to quickly dismiss the millions of gays who specifically tell you they never chose to be gay, many of which have prayed to God for decades for him to change it and nothing happens.

When did you choose to be straight?

Quote:
Christianity is a dual choice, we choose to believe in Christ's finished work, and He also chooses us. But after that the promised Spirit of God fills us, and for many, this is a tangible experience, eventually, if not immediately. It is that Spirit that provides the power to remain strong enough to resist the evil of this world.
Quote:
Believing that men of God were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write the contents of the bible is also a choice. Acting on homosexual compulsions is a choice as well. Etymological discussions about individual words plucked from the pages of the bible fail to produce anything convincing on either side. We all have commentaries, lexicons, bible software etc..., but I am interested in knowing what you believe you know about the origin of ones so-called homosexual orientation.
Very few issues have been abused using the Bible as much as the gay argument. As for me, I know for a fact that orientation is inborn. I know that God makes people gay and it's just another part of his varied creation. Over 450 animal species have homosexuals in them. Penguins and Giraffes, for example, are incapable of making rational choices about their sexual orientation. They were born that way. Humans are no different.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Until you can get beyond your apriori-philosophical bias for not wanting the Creator to exist for our creation...there isnt any kind or amount of evidence that would ever be enough for you....whether it be homosexuals who have exited the lifestyle or the physical evidence that is all around which can only come from a personal theistic Creator. Ergo, I encourage YOU to do some simply research for the evidence that you claim you are interested in as it will have a greater impact for you. Start here : www.ankerberg.com and www.impactapologetics.com on the subject of homosexual deliverance and evidence for the Creator of our Cosmos who is also your very Creator as well . In closing : Disobey our culture .. and not God. (end)
First of all, stop talking down to me. I'm a theist, not an atheist. I just don't accept your believe that God hates gays.

Second, I've done plenty of research and person introspection. Hence why I don't think God has a problem with gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity