Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 05:49 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I honestly don't know why people even bother to discuss this issue here. It always comes down to the fundie whackjobs telling everyone that gays are going to hell because they are an abomination before the Lord, while the other side says wait a minute, you got it wrong.

When the whackjobs start condemning to hell women for speaking in church, being teachers, eating shellfish, wearing mixed fiber clothes etc. I will listen to what they say - until then all that they preach is misguided hatred, probably in a way to make themselves feel better at the expense of someone else... oh yeah, so Christian

Anyhow, back to your regular scheduled hatred and condemnation.
That was exactly my point....they PICK AND CHOOSE what they will follow....either follow it ALL or SHUT YOUR TRAP!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 06:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That was exactly my point....they PICK AND CHOOSE what they will follow....either follow it ALL or SHUT YOUR TRAP!!!
Sin is sin guys. There are no loop holes, and there is no picking and choosing. The shell-fish etc are old leviticus law and have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It is a little strange people come here to ask questions about the Bible, only to get offended when the Bible verses are quoted to answer the question.

Revelation 21 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
First of all, it's a choice. It might be a sin but all humans are sinners by nature...and sin is sin is sin anyway it's sliced. There are lots of sins, lust, greed, anger, hate to name a few. Sex is the original sin, divorce, out of wedlock births, adultery, physical/mental abuse, lies, deceit, fornication, and the list goes on. So, I don't think people should judge others but they are entitled to their opinion. If you're personally, feeling bad about something then you should work that out with God--not your fellow man; however, it seems like you are seeking approval of other men rather than a true walk with God.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
First of all, it's a choice. It might be a sin but all humans are sinners by nature...and sin is sin is sin anyway it's sliced. There are lots of sins, lust, greed, anger, hate to name a few. Sex is the original sin, divorce, out of wedlock births, adultery, physical/mental abuse, lies, deceit, fornication, and the list goes on. So, I don't think people should judge others but they are entitled to their opinion. If you're personally, feeling bad about something then you should work that out with God--not your fellow man; however, it seems like you are seeking approval of other men rather than a true walk with God.
My sexual orientation was NOT a choice. Thats a FACT. the first hand source on this question is GAY PEOPE.. You can ask us if you wish. Was your sexual orientation a CHOICE? If it was that means you're not straight, that means you're bisexual.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
It is not necessary for Christians to know what homosexuality is. Furthermore it does not even matter what they think about it one way or the other. The Word of God is the authority on the issue. Now only is God the authority on that issue, but upon all matters pertaining to mankind. What else is to be said... Nothing! "There is a way that seems right to men, but the end of that thing is death." A loving God and Father has given us a blueprint of how to live life successfully, but HE does not force us to live it that way. The choice is ours, but our choice does not negate or alter the end results one way or the other. To the OP, your life is yours to live the way u see fit. Live it with your eyes open knowing pay day is coming after while. God is going to make a difference between the believers and unbelievers, the righteous and the unrighteous. HE is going to separate the sheep from the goats and the wheat from the tares... The thing is to be found on the right side when it is all said and done.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
It is not necessary for Christians to know what homosexuality is. Furthermore it does not even matter what they think about it one way or the other. The Word of God is the authority on the issue. Now only is God the authority on that issue, but upon all matters pertaining to mankind. What else is to be said... Nothing! "There is a way that seems right to men, but the end of that thing is death." A loving God and Father has given us a blueprint of how to live life successfully, but HE does not force us to live it that way. The choice is ours, but our choice does not negate or alter the end results one way or the other. To the OP, your life is yours to live the way u see fit. Live it with your eyes open knowing pay day is coming after while. God is going to make a difference between the believers and unbelievers, the righteous and the unrighteous. HE is going to separate the sheep from the goats and the wheat from the tares... The thing is to be found on the right side when it is all said and done.
According to Jesus, the sheep and the goats are separated, not for being gay or straight, but for how they treat others.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
According to Jesus, the sheep and the goats are separated, not for being gay or straight, but for how they treat others.
No, your works, or your kindness will not make a difference. Only presence of Christ in your life will make a difference, and the problem here is that Christ cannot be in your life if you continue to habitually and willfully act out their sinful lusts. Presence of Christ in a person's life is evidenced by good fruit, but if you bring forth bad fruit (willful and habitual sin), then that is evidence of absence of Christ.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
People can believe whatever they want to - or rather, people do believe whatever they want to. If there is a God - only he knows how he feels about us. Only he can see into our hearts. Only he will be the judge of us. If there is a God - I trust him to judge us. People can judge others all they want to. People can say who God loves and doesn't love. People can say what God thinks and feels. But when it comes down to it - nobody can speak for God but God. I believe that we should all do our best to live our lives in love, kindness, and understanding.
If you are against homosexuality - then don't partake in homosexual acts. It's as simple as that.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, your works, or your kindness will not make a difference. Only presence of Christ in your life will make a difference, and the problem here is that Christ cannot be in your life if you continue to habitually and willfully act out their sinful lusts. Presence of Christ in a person's life is evidenced by good fruit, but if you bring forth bad fruit (willful and habitual sin), then that is evidence of absence of Christ.
The words of Jesus, according to the gospel of Matthew, disagree with you.

`And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory; and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats, and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.

`Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me; naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.

`Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee? `And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did [it]. Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink; a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.

`Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee? `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you are against homosexuality - then don't partake in homosexual acts. It's as simple as that.
It could be that simple, but it's not, or the o.p. wouldn't have been posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity