Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 10:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

It is a fight against evil spirits , that rule the flesh. We are to love each other , but God has put his direction in his word for his people to be married with one woman and one man. Anything else is error and sin.

We are God's creation and what God has made we are to believe what he has said. If we say God does not love us, we lie, for God loves ALL of us regardless of what we are. It is written, Nothing can keep us from the love of God. Nor height nor depth, not principalities or powers will keep us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.

Realizing the love that God has for ALL and his amazing grace while we are tangled in the snag of the oppressive spirit world,God can untangle us and bring us into his presence and set us free from sin and his love will teach and strenghen us daily. God has his loving words to speak to us of his knowledge and power to rule with him in strength and wholeness of spirit.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 AM

223 posts, read 268,910 times
Tatrova, I'm curious as to what you think the 'Word' means in a Biblical context, because I can assure you it does not refer to the bible when its scripturally referenced.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Homosexuality is a sin issue not a race issue. There is no law that says "Thou shalt not be black", but there is a law that says "Thou shalt not commit adultery". And adultery is any sex outside of marriage and marriage is defined by God as between one woman and one man. So, homosexuality is a sin.

Homosexuality is NOT an action. It's a SEXUAL ORIENTATION. You have an unchosen sexual orientation as well. Again, you are incorect. IT IS akin to race as they are both unchosen traits. ONE exterior (skin color) and one INTERIOR (sexual orientations)
The interior bondage to sin is not revealed until one commits the act of homosexuality. Just like the murderer can think of murder, but is not condemned until they act upon this evil.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:19 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The interior bondage to sin is not revealed until one commits the act of homosexuality. Just like the murderer can think of murder, but is not condemned until they act upon this evil.
In god's book, isn't the thought alone also a sin?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
It's not a matter of shortage. As I learned it part of the reason biologists believe a "pair bond", romance, exists at all is because our infants are weaker than that of many species. So they need the aid of a couple. Love, Romance, or whatever you choose to call it serves to form those couples. I think generally speaking couples without kids are less stable and more likely to break up.

In Christianity part of the point of marriage is traditionally procreation. In early Christianity the ideal was often more to live a life of celibate service, but those who could not manage that could aid the community through reproduction and family I suppose. Marriage without procreation is not really adding much to the community. It can be tolerated with heterosexuals because the Bible clearly shows sterile heterosexuals can/should be allowed to marry. It gives no support for same-sex marriage. (Although certain parts of the Old Testament imply Platonic same-sex friendships might have been in some sense been allowed to be "bonded" in a "blood brother" type arrangement.)
The bible does not imply that, but evil people impose their evil ideas over the holy bible to make it imply the evil in their own heart.

Sterile heterosexuals who marry follow the marrige formula given by God in the book of Genesis. It is God who can close or open the womb, to make one sterile or fertile. Abraham and Sarah did not have a child until Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90. Long after the time of life. But God was faithful to his promise. So too any couple who is sterile can wait upon God, and if they do not have children ever they have not sinned. Homosexuality IS a sin!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
In god's book, isn't the thought alone also a sin?
Is it? do you have a reference?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Is it? do you have a reference?
Doesn't the same principle of commiting the sin in "thought," like lust, the same as the act itself?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Doesn't the same principle of commiting the sin in "thought," like lust, the same as the act itself?
Similar but not the same. The lust is a personal and only your own sin but the act involves others even those not participating yet are subject to your mental state.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Quote:
The bible does not imply that, but evil people impose their evil ideas over the holy bible to make it imply the evil in their own heart.

Sterile heterosexuals who marry follow the marrige formula given by God in the book of Genesis. It is God who can close or open the womb, to make one sterile or fertile. Abraham and Sarah did not have a child until Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90. Long after the time of life. But God was faithful to his promise. So too any couple who is sterile can wait upon God, and if they do not have children ever they have not sinned. Homosexuality IS a sin!
IF it's a sin then it God who is SINNING, since it was God's choice to CREATE me. I've been gay my whole life just as YOU have been straight. You don't understand that because of your biased view that everyone is born JUST LIKE YOU. So why would God sin? I never chose my orientation.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
IF it's a sin then it God who is SINNING, since it was God's choice to CREATE me. I've been gay my whole life just as YOU have been straight. You don't understand that because of your biased view that everyone is born JUST LIKE YOU. So why would God sin? I never chose my orientation.
We are all so saturarted with sin on the molecular as well as the genetic level that we actually blame God for our sins. No one is born gay or straight but it is the environmnet and events in our lives that make us what we are or chose to be. It is your own mind that makes those choices and it is the world that offers temptation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity