Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is sin and gives the simblance to others that sin is ok, per Sodom and Gomorah. They lead others astray by their sinful indulgence. We must crucify self, it is in our nature to murder, should we abstain from murder?
It's in our nature to murder??? I don't know about your nature - but it sure isn't in my nature!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Man, just reading these posts make me wish the bible was banned, ugh. What an awful, horrible book that does nothing more than spread hate.
And this is the 'new' version, think if it was the 'old' version that was infinitely more violent and full of pure hate. Kinda like the PG version vs. the XXX version.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:06 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
So you are saying as long as we do everything in love it's good? For example, having sex outside of marriage is okay since we don't have to keep a list? I'm confused.
If it is cheating that is not love, even if it is voluntary it could cause harm if feelings and emotions arn't taken into account. If your focus is on what Jesus DID and not on a list, you will be guided to make the right choices for all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I didn't miss anything. I merely provided a couple of passages concerning sin.

Sin is still an issue in the life of the believer, not in terms of salvation, but because it puts a believer out of fellowship with God and brings about divine discipline.

Nothing about this is about the law. Homosexuality is a sin before, during, and after the law.

Sodom and Gormorrah were destroyed because of the decadence of which homosexuality was a big part. As God said in Genesis 18:20 ''The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave.'' Except for Lot, there were no other believers in those cities.

The men of Sodom wanted to have sexual relations with the men who were actually angels as per Genesis 19.

Again, the Mosaic law has nothing to do with the fact the homosexuality is a sin. You brought up the law because of the passage that I used.
You mentioned "the list" of sins, as I said why skip over some of them, eiher obey them all for your salvation or trust in Jesus.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
so I want if he thinks those deviant sexaul behoaviors are born alos form child molesters to serial rapist amoung a few. What abvout serical kilers and pohycopaths? The list could go on and on really.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:25 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
so I want if he thinks those deviant sexaul behoaviors are born alos form child molesters to serial rapist amoung a few. What abvout serical kilers and pohycopaths? The list could go on and on really.
Everything you mention involves force.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Man, just reading these posts make me wish the bible was banned, ugh. What an awful, horrible book that does nothing more than spread hate.
Your post is silly and juvenile.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:46 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,732 times
Sorry you're so unfamiliar with the Bible and its translations into English. If you hate it and want it banned you certainly do not stand with the "freedom of religion" stated in the first amendment of our Bill of Rights in the US Constitution. You are definitely not aligned with the history of this country's relationship with the Bible either. The freedoms we now enjoy are largely the product of an earlier America and its values.

The whole idea of child rearing (something alien to most homosexuals) is rendered useless if it is always wrong to force other people to do something against their nature. I was born dirtying my diapers, but I didn't stay that way. I'm thankful my parents went against my will and disregarded my loud protests to "potty" train me.

The people who love God and His word will love you, but not approve of your lifestyle. The more a group of believers practice strict adherence to what is written, the less they will accept you if you're a practicing homosexual who has no interest in changing your mind according to Jesus' teaching so you may experience a direct relationship with God.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:52 PM

16 posts, read 23,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Homosexuality is a sin as is clearly shown in the Bible. The normal soul function of a person can be twisted, distorted from that which is normal by the way a person reacts to circumstances in life - by a persons thought patterns. The old sin nature has trends. In some people the trend is toward asceticism. In others the trend is toward lasciviousness which means '1. Given to or expressing lust; lecherous. 2. Exciting sexual desires; salacious.' Since God designed marriage and sex to be between a man and a woman, Satan, who opposes God in every way, promotes homosexuality. This is the devils world with all of its many influences. And when a person rejects God's truth, God will turn a person over to their own desires that they may do that which is unnatural and an abominination.

Homosexuality, beastiality, Pedifilia, necrophilia are all unnatural practices and are sins.

Homosexuality is but one way in which a soul may be twisted, and a person who is caught up in it is entirely responsible for it.

A man may have a desire to have sex with a woman outside of marriage, but it doesn't mean that he gives in to the desire.

But in large part, homosexuals have become a very militant group who demand to be allowed to indulge themselves in their unnatural practices. Indeed, many of them flaunt their sin. Gay parades? Abomination!!!

God judges nations, and public and governmental acceptance and promotion of homosexuality brings divine judgment on a nation.

Romans 1:21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22] Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23] and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. 24] Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. 25] For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26] For this reason God gave them over to degrading pasions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27] and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire for one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Homosexuality is one way in which the sin nature may influence a person who has turned away from God and become involved in Satan's cosmic system.

Leviticus 18:20 'And you shall not have intercourse with your neighbors wife, to be difiled with her. 21] Neither shall you give any of our offspring to offer them to Molech (child sacrifice), nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22] You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination, 23] Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.24] Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25] 'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have visited its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants.

Homosexuality, and other things as mentioned above, brings about national judgment.

Like many homosexuals, you attempt to refute what the word of God says by inferring 'cultural context misunderstandings and mistranslations'. No, there are no mistranslations involved, or cultural context misunderstandings. These are feeble excuses given by those who want to be condoned for their unnatural desires and practices.
I think you forget that Jesus never mentioned homosexuality and Christians live from Christs doctrines do they not? If you read the passages around this one, you will learn that if a girl has sex before marriage is perfectly normal for her to be stoned to death. Is that acceptable as well? or are you picking and choosing what you want from the Bible to fit your own agenda?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:08 AM

478 posts, read 773,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmiller2 View Post
I think you forget that Jesus never mentioned homosexuality and Christians live from Christs doctrines do they not? If you read the passages around this one, you will learn that if a girl has sex before marriage is perfectly normal for her to be stoned to death. Is that acceptable as well? or are you picking and choosing what you want from the Bible to fit your own agenda?
Of course they are! And thank you for pointing this out...you may not have seen my earlier post on this thread, but I asked the bible "literalists" to please, please explain how and why they adhere so firmly to some parts of the bible, and yet ignore others. Of course that query was ignored and glossed over- just like every single other time I have asked.

SO- I will once again ask that PLEASE! Regarding the issue of the bible and homosexuality: those of you who are bible literalists and against homosexuality because of what the bible states- can you please do your best to explain your reasons why you believe the christian bible to be THE ultimate gospel in full, from beginning to end? And if you believe this, why do you cite specific verses in the bible in order to back up what you believe, if there exist other verses within the bible that either do not, or CAN not back up that which you believe?

Here are a few examples of some pretty peculiar and disturbing bible verses:

GEN-17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Exodus 21:20-21 "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."

Num 18:15-16 The first offspring of every womb, both man and animal, that is offered to the LORD is yours. But you must redeem every firstborn son and every firstborn male of unclean animals. {16} When they are a month old, you must redeem them at the redemption price set at five shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel, which weighs twenty gerahs.

I am not asking this to create trouble, I am genuinely asking because I do not understand. If the bible is THE final word and you live by it fully, then to pick and choose only certain parts, is hypocritical- am I not correct?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 AM

478 posts, read 773,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
gain, the Mosaic law has nothing to do with the fact the homosexuality is a sin. You brought up the law because of the passage that I used.

AGAIN, for something to be a sin a CHOICE has to be involved. Surely I've demonstrated that my sexual orientation was not chosen. By very definition, SIN, must be something BAD that one CHOOSES. The fact that homosexuality is NOT a choice and that many people refuse to RESPOND to the fact is the VERY REASON gays are hated so much.. that's my point.
Aye, it is a big DUH that homosexuality couldn't possibly be a choice. And as frustrating as it is for me that some people don't 'get' that- I'm straight, and at least don't have to deal with knowing there are people out there who don't like me, or don't "approve" of me simply because of who I am, and how I was born (other than being female- of course there still exists some bias in that regard). I know it must really stick your craw, and I feel for ya hon.

What I find the most curious about it the fact that some people can't get it through their heads that homosexuality isn't a choice, is all the obvious logic, and countless reasons as to why it is absolutely, and utterly RIDICULOUS that anyone would just "opt" to be gay. Of course you and I both know that anyone- especially sexually healthy heterosexual men- are FULLY in agreement with us- religious or not. And that's because hetero men who are comfortable and secure in their sexuality, know darn well that there is no WAY they could ever be with a man intimately- no matter what. And that one's sexual urges are biological and need fulfilled- just like humans need to eat and sleep, humans also need to have sex. It's biological and can't (and shouldn't) just be ignored- to do so is unhealthy, and unnatural...

SO- it sure stands to reason that anyone who thinks that homosexuality is a choice or can be "cured", or sated, or just shouldn't be 'acted' on- well, that they are either not comfortable with, or are insecure in/have aberrations within their own sexuality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity