Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post

II Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Rom. 2:4
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
If only we could take our eyes of those we perceive to be sinners , back to the time when the Lord was so patient with us , when He was working in our lives and leading us by His goodness into repentance maybe we would have a better understanding of these 2 verses and be just a little more loving and forgiving towards those who do not know him yet. I am so glad that the Lord is patient enough that He gets what He wishes for , that being all come to repentance.
I believe the rescue of the Chilean miners is a clear message , that if they can rescue all (the miners did not choose to be rescued, they were rescued period), how much can our wonder working Savior rescue all .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 01:33 PM

122 posts, read 191,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If only we could take our eyes of those we perceive to be sinners , back to the time when the Lord was so patient with us , when He was working in our lives and leading us by His goodness into repentance maybe we would have a better understanding of these 2 verses and be just a little more loving and forgiving towards those who do not know him yet. I am so glad that the Lord is patient enough that He gets what He wishes for , that being all come to repentance.
I believe the rescue of the Chilean miners is a clear message , that if they can rescue all (the miners did not choose to be rescued, they were rescued period), how much can our wonder working Savior rescue all .

I believe you need to direct your post to Ironmaw and share with Ironmaw about goodness, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and so forth, well, just what you have posted here !!

Those whom walk continually in malice, slandering, ill-will, anger, boasting of their knowledge and degrading other's, and that their mouth is full of curses and deceit and oppression; under their tongue is mischief and wickedness. (Psalm 10:7)

I am sorry..... what I have experience reading in this forum from a few individuals is that there is not a change in that life, too the life of Christ Jesus..... there is a lot of head knowledge, yet the heart knowledge is not evident at all, the witness of the Holy Spirit is not there..... and it is purely seen, read..... in their post!!

Christ says, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
(Mark 7:20-22)........and that we will know them by their fruits !!

A child of God has the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

It truly seems one doesn't understand their disposition by slandering, bringing, wishing, harm and speaking evil toward and about other's who are their neighbor which in the eyes of God it is a sin.....

We are responsible before God of what we say and do !

The Lord is still patient, pcamps and for those who will listen to Him and His calling, turning from their sin to repentance..... will share in His righteousness, see and enter His kingdom !!

But for those who ignore and continue to walk in opposition (sin) of the will of God, and the Scripture tell us the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Well, I will let God be the Judge of that heart, He knows the beginning and the end !!

May God Bless....

Old 10-18-2010, 02:05 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
But for those who ignore and continue to walk in opposition (sin) of the will of God, and the Scripture tell us the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
You and your cohorts continuously bring up these "fruits" when refuting those of us who are UR. None of us are guilty of any of these . . . but perhaps you will notice that your list doesn't say ANYTHING about BELIEVING the specific things you believe about God. Get off your sanctimonious horse and stop pretending you are confronting people who do those things you repeatedly post about.

The things you believe about God's true nature contradict what Jesus has shown us, period. Either you are NOT a Christian . . . and are not led by His Holy Spirit . . . or you are still confused by the veil of ignorance over the OT Jesus came to lift.
Quote:
Well, I will let God be the Judge of that heart, He knows the beginning and the end !!
May God Bless....
I'm sure God appreciates you letting Him do what only He can do.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You and your cohorts continuously bring up these "fruits" when refuting those of us who are UR. None of us are guilty of any of these . . . but perhaps you will notice that your list doesn't sayANYTHING about BELIEVING the specific things you believe about God. Get off your sanctimonious horse and stop pretending you are confronting people who do those things you repeatedly post about.

The things you believe about God's true nature contradict what Jesus has shown us, period. Either you are NOT a Christian . . . and are not led by His Holy Spirit . . . or you are still confused by the veil of ignorance over the OT Jesus came to lift.I'm sure God appreciates you letting Him do what only He can do.
Hmmm, isn't that funny those are the very words of God.... right out of His Holy word that you condemn !!! Not mine !!! Talk to Him about it, it is He you disagree with !!!

Gal.5:19-26
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

May God Bless....
Yes God is the discerner of hearts too , and i am fully persuaded that He is working in the hearts of all (including those we label sinners) . This is why i think we should leave the judging unto Him , because what we don't see when we are judging a person is what God is actually doing in that persons life , and what God is actually doing is not always something that sprouts up overnight , but sprouts in season after by His tending has developed strong roots.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes God is the discerner of hearts too , and i am fully persuaded that He is working in the hearts of all (including those we label sinners) .This is why i think we should leave the judging unto Him , because what we don't see when we are judging a person is what God is actually doing in that persons life , and what God is actually doing is not always something that sprouts up overnight , but sprouts in season after by His tending has developed strong roots.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Hmmm, isn't that funny those are the very words of God.... right out of His Holy word that you condemn !!! Not mine !!! Talk to Him about it, it is He you disagree with !!!
I have no idea what you think you read . . . but reading comprehension does not seem to be one of your strengths. I didn't condemn anything about God's word. Nobody disagrees that those are bad. BUT . . . we disagree about YOUR BELIEFS about the NATURE of God as a hateful, vengeful, Eternal Tormentor! Yes . . . idolatry, fornication, adultery, etc. etc . are a problem . . . but that has nothing to do with UR's. WE don't do any of those things . . . so stop bringing them up AS IF you are scolding us for them!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
I believe you need to direct your post to Ironmaw and share with Ironmaw about goodness, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and so forth, well, just what you have posted here !!

Those whom walk continually in malice, slandering, ill-will, anger, boasting of their knowledge and degrading other's, and that their mouth is full of curses and deceit and oppression; under their tongue is mischief and wickedness. (Psalm 10:7)

I am sorry..... what I have experience reading in this forum from a few individuals is that there is not a change in that life, too the life of Christ Jesus..... there is a lot of head knowledge, yet the heart knowledge is not evident at all, the witness of the Holy Spirit is not there..... and it is purely seen, read..... in their post!!

Christ says, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
(Mark 7:20-22)........and that we will know them by their fruits !!

A child of God has the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

It truly seems one doesn't understand their disposition by slandering, bringing, wishing, harm and speaking evil toward and about other's who are their neighbor which in the eyes of God it is a sin.....

We are responsible before God of what we say and do !

The Lord is still patient, pcamps and for those who will listen to Him and His calling, turning from their sin to repentance..... will share in His righteousness, see and enter His kingdom !!

May God Bless....
Quote:
You and your cohorts continuously bring up these "fruits" when refuting those of us who are UR. None of us are guilty of any of these . . . but perhaps you will notice that your list doesn't say ANYTHING about BELIEVING the specific things you believe about God. Get off your sanctimonious horse and stop pretending you are confronting people who do those things you repeatedly post about.

The things you believe about God's true nature contradict what Jesus has shown us, period. Either you are NOT a Christian . . . and are not led by His Holy Spirit . . . or you are still confused by the veil of ignorance over the OT Jesus came to lift.I'm sure God appreciates you letting Him do what only He can do.

Loveladybugs

I agree with you that there are some on both sides of the ET/UR debates who go overboard in there defense of their beliefs about God and his judgment, and end up judging their fellow men/women and can get impatient and judgmental ..........

Mystic,

You seem to be implying that all of those who believe in UR automatically produce fruit of the spirit but I do not think that is the case .......

Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Loveladybugs

I agree with you that there are some on both sides of the ET/UR debates who go overboard in there defense of their beliefs about God and his judgment, and end up judging their fellow men/women and can get impatient and judgmental ..........
Well, I totally agree with you and thank you, meerkat !!!
This thing with the UR's/ETers was not even in my thoughts when I posted to pcamps !!!
I will not get into that free for all..... with whose who or what is what.....
I believe everyone of us are a accountable to God regardless and will stand before Him one day and give an account to all that has been said and done in our lives !

God Bless !!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you think you read . . . but reading comprehension does not seem to be one of your strengths. I didn't condemn anything about God's word. Nobody disagrees that those are bad. BUT . . . we disagree about YOUR BELIEFS about the NATURE of God as a hateful, vengeful, Eternal Tormentor! Yes . . . idolatry, fornication, adultery, etc. etc . are a problem . . . but that has nothing to do with UR's. WE don't do any of those things . . . so stop bringing them up AS IF you are scolding us for them!
Who said I believed in eternal torment..... MysticPhD ??

Who said anything or even was talking about UR's ?

Who are the..... WE ?

"Yes . . . idolatry, fornication, adultery, etc. etc . are a problem . . . but that has nothing to do with UR's. WE don't do any of those things . . . so stop bringing them up".....

I John 1:8-10
8. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Like I said, "Take it up with God, MysticPhD."

MysticPhD.... you have no idea what is in my heart and what I believe, !!!
And one really important thing..... I forgive you for saying all those awful things you said and falsely accused me of.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity