Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
[color=navy]I believe you need to direct your post to Ironmaw and share with Ironmaw about goodness, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and so forth, well, just what you have posted here !!]
Hi LoveLadyBugs ... I'm sorry that you think that i am without "goodness, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and so forth" ...

But after all i am also not trying to live up to your expectations. When im dealing with people who say that God hates sinners and that God plans on either torturing most people for ever or simply torturing most people for however long before he annihilates them, and then they act all pious and claim to speak for God and then are unwilling to even admit that they MIGHT be wrong ...

I tend to think they have personal problems and are basically crazy misanthropic hate mongers ... I call them like i see them. I believe eventually everyone will come to a knowledge of the truth, and i love all people, but that doesn't mean that i necessarily like them or agree with their paradigm.

Jesus was not very subtle in his rebuking the pharisees of his time either ...

Maybe i am wrong about everything that i believe in, i am willing to admit that ... Are you?

Peace ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 AM

122 posts, read 191,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hi LoveLadyBugs ... I'm sorry that you think that i am without "goodness, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and so forth" ...
You tell me ironmaw do you honestly display these attributes of God ?

Quote:
But after all i am also not trying to live up to your expectations. When im dealing with people who say that God hates sinners and that God plans on either torturing most people for ever or simply torturing most people for however long before he annihilates them, and then they act all pious and claim to speak for God and then are unwilling to even admit that they MIGHT be wrong ...
I don't expect you to live up to my expectations.....
You have have judge and accused incorrectly what I believe !!

Besides when someone confesses they are a child of God.... people are looking to see the evidence of that confession.

Not, seeing one emotionally and verbally abusing other's. That is definitely not the fruit of Christ in that life...... your post come off just as hateful as those you condemn......

Are you not acting just as pious and claiming to speak for God also ???

What other people do and say truly is none of your business. You have not earn that trust, privilege, nor the right to tell other's what you think they should or shouldn't be doing.

That is God's territory.....

Quote:
I tend to think they have personal problems and are basically crazy misanthropic hate mongers ... I call them like i see them. I believe eventually everyone will come to a knowledge of the truth, and i love all people, but that doesn't mean that i necessarily like them or agree with their paradigm.
You can believe whatever you want...... ironmaw that is between you and God, you will answer to Him one day what truth you believe or deny !!

I am sorry..... but I do have to say..... the fruit you display toward other's tells us you don't love all people because love does not hurt or bring harm to its neighbor, neither does it verbally, physically, or spiritually...... abuse other's !!!

I John 4:20-21
20. If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
21And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

So, ironmaw is it a godly attitude to call people...... crazy misanthropi and.......

Quote:
Insane in da' membrane ... INSANE IN DA' BRAIN!
Be careful ironmaw..... calling another "crazy misanthropic or whatever," the scripture does teach us whatever we judge another we will be judged in the same measure.
You might wake up tomorrow or someday soon finding that your family is having to put you somewhere safe because you have gone crazy, insane.....We do reap what we sow !!

Quote:
Jesus was not very subtle in his rebuking the pharisees of his time either ...
How can you even think to put yourself at the same level as Jesus Christ thinking that you have the authority to rebuke and correct other's in what they believe and then make that statement.....

I am sorry but the attitude that your life and testimony has portrayed in this forum to other's is nothing like Christ even in His rebuking...... !!!

Quote:
Maybe i am wrong about everything that i believe in, i am willing to admit that ... Are you?
Peace ...
The only person that I need to admit anything to is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And He already knows what is in my heart. There is nothing in my life that is hidden from Him. He knows me through and through, He knows the very thoughts, words and deeds in all my past, present, and future !!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
You tell me ironmaw do you honestly display these attributes of God ?
I believe that I do, though i am not perfect and i make mistakes. But i have said nothing hateful, and i do not believe i have been impatient. If you have paid attention is never say i hate anyone, or that god hates anyone, and i patiently repeat myself over and over and over and over again. Do you think that i am doing this for my health? I am doing because i believe it is necessary to rock the boat and shake the tree and provoke others to think about what they are teaching.

Quote:
I don't expect you to live up to my expectations.....
You have have judge and accused incorrectly what I believe !!
I don't recall mentioning anything about what i think concerning what you believe in my last post.

I was simply stating that my posting what i think, about what some people believe and teach and their method of fear mongering to scare people into being subjected to those beliefs, makes some people uncomfortable.

I don't walk on eggshells.

Sometimes it is necessary to step on toes, especially when people have their toes in everybody else's pie and tries to dictate who is or is not saved based on what i believe to be their misunderstanding of the gospel.

Quote:
Besides when someone confesses they are a child of God.... people are looking to see the evidence of that confession.
You dont know me, or how i treat others on a day to day basis. You simply see my calling out people whom i believe to be teaching false doctrine and you are insulted because i don't pull any punches and pander to their feelings when it come to what i believe to be true. Notice that i never use all caps(scream) with multiple exclamation marks in my posts? Notice how others do?

Im being gentle, but my words are direct and to the point. I usually don't get inpatient or angry on this forum, though sometimes i do get frustrated and i can use to little tact in my approach. But isn't that the case for most of us?

Quote:
Not, seeing one emotionally and verbally abusing other's. That is definitely not the fruit of Christ in that life...... your post come off just as hateful as those you condemn......
When did i "emotionally and verbally abuse" anyone?

Just because it is apparent to me that some people are misanthropes by what they teach to be the truth of the gospel of Christ and just because i admit that i think that it is insane, you think i'm being abusive?

Maybe your just being overly sensitive?

Quote:
Are you not acting just as pious and claiming to speak for God also ???
I have not yet once claimed "to be speaking for God". I always have and still do admit that i might be wrong about everything that i believe.

I simply write what i believe to be the true Gospel of Christ, which is that God loves all people including sinners, and will accomplish his intention to save all people.

Me, Pious? You don't know me very well ...

Quote:
What other people do and say truly is none of your business. You have not earn that trust, privilege, nor the right to tell other's what you think they should or shouldn't be doing.

That is God's territory.....
I don't tell people what i think they should be doing. Though i do tell people what i think about what they are doing on a public forum. That is what this public forum is for, to share our thoughts about what we believe and what we think about what others believe and teach and to debate those beliefs and teachings.

I'm not here to make you or anyone else feel good, though i would hope that what I believe makes some people feel Good.

I am here to do battle against what i believe to be the great false doctrines of traditional Christianity and to show them to be what they actually are, the doctrines of demons.

Quote:
You can believe whatever you want...... ironmaw that is between you and God, you will answer to Him one day what truth you believe or deny !!
Indeed, we will all answer to God for what we believe and teach concerning him.

Quote:
I am sorry..... but I do have to say..... the fruit you display toward other's tells us you don't love all people because love does not hurt or bring harm to its neighbor, neither does it verbally, physically, or spiritually...... abuse other's !!!
Sometimes love has to be tough ... We cant always wear kid gloves when dealing with the insidious and diabolical teachings of hate and violence towards most of humanity.

What you call "abuse" and or "hurting others" where my words are concerned is what i call being honest and dealing with the core of issues head on.

Quote:
I John 4:20-21
20. If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
21And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.
Again, i don't hate anyone, i hope and believe that everyone will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. I love everyone so much that i am willing to be called an heretic and a false prophet and condemned to hell by most Christians in order to convey the message of the complete and absolute victory of Christ over sin and death throughout creation and for all people.

Like i said before, it seems to me that you are simply insulted by my honesty and by the fact that i tell people exactly what i think about their false teachings of hate and violence.

Quote:
So, ironmaw is it a godly attitude to call people...... crazy misanthropi and.......
MISANTHROPY
: a hatred or distrust of humankind

When people say that most of humanity deserves to be torutred either for ever or even for a little while before they are annihilated, i understand that to be exactly what it is ... Misantropy. And people who believe that way are by the very definition of the word, misanthropes.

And i think misanthropy is crazy, and therefore i think that misanthropes are crazy.

Again, it seems to be my honesty that insults you.

Quote:
Be careful ironmaw..... calling another "crazy misanthropic or whatever," the scripture does teach us whatever we judge another we will be judged in the same measure.
You might wake up tomorrow or someday soon finding that your family is having to put you somewhere safe because you have gone crazy, insane.....We do reap what we sow !!
CAlling a spade a spade is not judging others. If i were to say that they are going to hell or deserve to be annihilated because of what they believe and teach, then i would be judging/condemning them.

You shouldn't get honesty and being judgmental mixed up. When i see someone talking bad about people of other ethnicities, i call them prejudiced, and when i see people molesting children, i call them child molesters, and when i see people saying that most of humanity deserves to be tortured or annihilated, i call the crazy misanthropes. Its not personal, its is simply me calling it how it apparently is. I am not trying to insult anyone, i am simply being honest about my thoughts.

I don't blame people for believing and teaching diabolical doctrines, i realize that they are simply deceived and programmed by false religion.

I was once a crazy misanthrope also mind you ...

Quote:
How can you even think to put yourself at the same level as Jesus Christ thinking that you have the authority to rebuke and correct other's in what they believe and then make that statement.....
Excuse me?

Again, that is the very purpose of this forum to debate what we believe and to honestly represent what we think about the beliefs and teachings of others.

I never claimed to be "on the same level as Christ" ... Those are your words and not mine.

I simply showed that even the lord Jesus who is the son of God didn't hesitate to call a spade a spade, even if it meant insulting the people whom he rebuked to the point of them wanting to kill him.

Quote:
I am sorry but the attitude that your life and testimony has portrayed in this forum to other's is nothing like Christ even in His rebuking...... !!!
My life testimony? are you serious ... You don't even know who i am. You know nothing about me other than that i honestly proclaim what i believe to be true regardless of whether it hurts someone feelings or not.

As i said before it is not my intention to hurt peoples feelings, though that will inevitably happen when you are honest.

It is my intention to call people out and provoke them ... provocation is necessary in order to bring the secret things of the heart to light and make people say what they actually mean, like when Verna says that she believe in her heart that God hates most of humanity and that most of humanity deserves to suffer and then be annihilated.

Quote:
The only person that I need to admit anything to is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And He already knows what is in my heart. There is nothing in my life that is hidden from Him. He knows me through and through, He knows the very thoughts, words and deeds in all my past, present, and future !!
Indeed he does, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you know whats in your heart. Sometimes people are deceived, and believe a lie.

If a persona is not even honest enough with themselves to admit that they might be wrong about what they believe, then i honestly question whether or not a person is honest enough with themselves to know what is really in their hearts.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2010 at 02:19 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 05:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
After Christ left, He sent the Teacher...
Jesus IS the teacher! Saul was persecuting Jesus, because the church IS Jesus come again. This is the second coming.

Blessings,
Brian

Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 PM

63,835 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Who said I believed in eternal torment..... MysticPhD ??
It is difficult to separate the ET'ers from the other literalists who believe in a wrathful punishing God. If I am wrong, I apologize.
Quote:
Who said anything or even was talking about UR's ?
Who are the..... WE ?
The UR's.
Quote:
"Yes . . . idolatry, fornication, adultery, etc. etc . are a problem . . . but that has nothing to do with UR's. WE don't do any of those things . . . so stop bringing them up".....

I John 1:8-10
8. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Like I said, "Take it up with God, MysticPhD."
The standard retort (and you used it) that Verna and you and all the literalist believers in a wrathful, hating, punishing God use when we UR's try to educate you about the true nature of God as revealed by Jesus . . . is to cart out the list of "fornicators, et al." AS IF . . . that is what we UR's do or want to do or want to promote. We all strugggle as I am sure you do . . . but if I constantly tried to rebut your arguments by bringing up "the list" implying that you are one of them . . . how would you feel?
Quote:
MysticPhD.... you have no idea what is in my heart and what I believe, !!!
And one really important thing..... I forgive you for saying all those awful things you said and falsely accused me of.....
You are correct . . . only God knows............. But the same is true for you about what is in my heart and what I believe. I appreciate the kindness and forgiveness, my sister . . . and I likewise forgive you for any implications that I was one of those in "the list."

Old 10-21-2010, 08:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Default ...and Jesus said...

Matthew 28:

1 In the end of the sabbath [Saturday], as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week [Sunday], came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

5And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

8And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

11 Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.

12 And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,

13 Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.

14 And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.

15 So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Bless Your Word Father. Amen.

In Christ's love...amd prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Only the righteous will become HisBride...Revelation 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

...(and the emphasis is NOT! mine......IT IS WRITTEN!)

HALLELUJUAH!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 AM

223 posts, read 268,969 times
Quote:
am sorry..... but I do have to say..... the fruit you display toward other's tells us you don't love all people because love does not hurt or bring harm to its neighbor, neither does it verbally, physically, or spiritually...... abuse other's !!!
But as God is love, then apparently love is torturing someone for an eternity. I guess that's much less hateful than harsh language.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Neither Saturday nor Sunday is "Written"

Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Default ...Jesus said...

Mark 1:

1The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

6And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

16Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.

19 And when he had gone a little further thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets.

20 And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.

21 And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day [Saturday] he entered into the synagogue, and taught.

22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

23And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,

24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

25 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.

26 And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

28 And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round about Galilee.

29 And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.

30 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.

31 And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.

32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

33 And all the city was gathered together at the door.

34And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

36 And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.

37 And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.

38 And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth.

39 And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.
40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

42And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.

43 And he straitly charged him, and forthwith sent him away;

44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

45 But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.

Bless Your Word Father... Amen.

In Christ's love and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Only the righteous will become HisBride...Revelation 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

HALLELUJUAH!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Sure it is, the whole point I was making before is that you cannot teach anything from scripture without eventually providing words that express what you believe it means. This is why you capitalize and highlight in different colors, that is fine, but to say that you are just posting what is written is a joke.

If you disagree with that, then you actually do believe that God will save all mankind, because it IS written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity