Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

...so do you believe in these verses?
I believe in the truth of every verse in scripture. I just disagree with what YOU say thay all mean.

Do you believe in all of these words from scripture?

hos pas anthropos thelo sozo kai eis epignosis aletheia erchomai
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 12:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I believe in the truth of every verse in scripture.
Great! You believe them!...and since you and I also agree that God's Word does not contradict Himself, then we can also agree that it is clearly apparent in these verses that not all will come to the knowledge of the truth...and many will not turn from their wicked ways and turn to God through Jesus Christ...and if you deny that, then you do not believe in the Word of God. Alright!...we're getting somewhere now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
I just disagree with what YOU say thay all mean.
I didn't add any explanation of my own Phaze...I just quoted Scripture..and you agree with them!

Quote:
Do you believe in all of these words from scripture?

hos pas anthropos thelo sozo kai eis epignosis aletheia erchomai
...sure I do!...if it truly is Scripture...UNLESS! it says: (let me guess): "God will save all mankind"...then, no, I do not. Because HE WILL NOT.

In Christ love,
Verna.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:

...sure I do!...if it truly is Scripture...UNLESS! it says: (let me guess): "God will save all mankind"...then, no, I do not. Because HE WILL NOT.

In Christ love,
Verna.

There is no UNLESS. Those are words from scripture, if you do not like what they say, it doesn't matter.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
There is no UNLESS. Those are words from scripture, if you do not like what they say, it doesn't matter.
Yes, there is an UNLESS...because I don't know what those words said. If you say it is Scripture, then I believe you, and I believe it, as long as when I compare it to all other Scripture, they all fully support each other in context!

Be blessed.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, there is an UNLESS...because I don't know what those words said. If you say it is Scripture, then I believe you, and I believe it, as long as when I compare it to all other Scripture, they all fully support each other in context!

Be blessed.

In Christ's love,
Verna.
They do.

But then context is an issue that can be discussed.

If God's responsibility is to do something he desires, then what reason do I have to believe "he won't"?

What exactly is the context of a determination and a declaration to do all an almighty God desires. "He won't" is not the context you can rightfully apply.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
They do.

But then context is an issue that can be discussed.

If God's responsibility is to do something he desires, then what reason do I have to believe "he won't"?

What exactly is the context of a determination and a declaration to do all an almighty God desires. "He won't" is not the context you can rightfully apply.
Phaze...you cannot continue to dance around all those other verses you say you believe that are contrary to your mis-understanding that ALL MEN WILL BE SAVED. They don't MESH with all the rest of Scripture!

Can you post a full Chapter with the single little verses you use that seem to say to you that ALL MEN will be saved, and explain them in context to mean what you think they mean, and have the entire chapter support your "view" of those specific verses??

If you can, do it.

In Christ,
Verna.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Phaze...you cannot continue to dance around all those other verses you say you believe that are contrary to your mis-understanding that ALL MEN WILL BE SAVED. They don't MESH with all the rest of Scripture!
No, providing direct words of scripture is not dancing around anything.

Quote:

Can you post a full Chapter with the single little verses you use that seem to say to you that ALL MEN will be saved, and explain them in context to mean what you think they mean, and have the entire chapter support your "view" of those specific verses??

I certainly will after you explain why I am to believe God will not do something that He has declared his Job to do. That is the context that I provided, that is not dancing around anything , that is called an explanation.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
No, providing direct words of scripture is not dancing around anything.

No, providing a "particle" of a "whole" is NOT providing truth in context.

Quote:
I certainly will after you explain why I am to believe God will not do something that He has declared his Job to do. That is the context that I provided, that is not dancing around anything , that is called an explanation.
I did above. Now it is your turn.

I'll be back in an hour.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Yes, there is an UNLESS...because I don't know what those words said.
What scripture says and means in the original language does not mean what it says in English. In fact, sometimes it's not even close to the same meaning. I guess you have figured that out seeing as how you believe in annihilation, now. I'm just wondering why you aren't studying any further.

Last edited by herefornow; 10-21-2010 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
[/font]

I did above. Now it is your turn.

1Ti 2:1 . I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, [and] lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
1Ti 2:9 . In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1 timothy 2:6 is the context of the passage. If you pay a ransom, you will expect to receive all that you pay a ransom for.

Of course a human may not get all he paid a ransom for, but we are talking about the ALMIGHTY.

Salvation is of God, that means it is Gods responsibility to bring it about. (if you don't know those verses I will provide them)

It is not of you and your choice and your acceptance is of your will brought about by Gods love. Yes it is your choice, but God's love caused it because that is what scripture declares.

You only love God becuase he loved you first. You accept and live a life to please him ONLY because he loved you first.

The verses that appear to oppose that Jesus will not get all that he ransomed for is not saying "he won't" those are the words of man. The words of scripture assure us that we reap what we sow, that YES you can try to live a lie, ignore Gods commands, but you pave the way for destruction. It is absolute assurance that we cannot escape Gods judgment. It means that what is impure will have to come out.

Saul of Tarsus may have believed he was going to do as he pleased. But he found out otherwise, but what was the result of Gods wrath upon Saul, out emerged a new creation. Paul. Paul was not an "exception" or a "special" case, that is nonsense. There is no scripture to provide that says that is not what the context of Gods actions are,

Now, it really is your turn.

When God says he is going to do something that is his responsibility to do, it will be done. Try to say otherwise if you like, but it will never be correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity