Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,725,162 times

Advertisements

Jesus Never! lied! He ALWAYS! spoke NOTHING! other than the Word of God!

Matthew 12:40 " For just as Jonah was for three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth." (NRSV)

So if Jesus was crucified on Good Friday, and was the Son of Man, he lied. He was only in the earth for two nights, Friday and Saturday.

Last edited by ancient warrior; 10-25-2010 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: eliminated "size" designations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:50 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
Jesus Never! lied! He ALWAYS! spoke NOTHING! other than the Word of God!

Matthew 12:40 " For just as Jonah was for three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth." (NRSV)

So if Jesus was crucified on Good Friday, and was the Son of Man, he lied. He was only in the earth for two nights, Friday and Saturday.
So your...???"stream of Christianity''???...leaves you to believe that Jesus was a liar...lamentable.

I started to give you the timeline to show you how wrong you are...look it up yourself. I have nothing more to say to you.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Poor Verna, Your God of hate is dead.
Ironmaw, a sound word of advice...

...if I were you (and thank God I am not) I would be very, very careful with my words...they're going to stay with you, and you will account for every one of them.

God is very much alive...He hears and sees all things...and He will not forget. I have nothing more to say to you.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM

63,837 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

...if I were you (and thank God I am not) I would be very, very careful with my words...they're going to stay with you, and you will account for every one of them.

God is very much alive...He hears and sees all things...and He will not forget. I have nothing more to say to you.
God is very much alive . . . but there is NO God of hate, Verna. Hate is a human psychological weakness. WHY do you insist on believing our loving God is a psychologically weak being? Which is more likely . . . that psychologically weak and ignorant writers misinterpreted the inspirations of God and misspoke . . . or our God really is psychologically weak? There is nothing holy or strong or healthy about . . . hate, vengeance, jealousy, anger, envy, egotism, etc. etc.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
This is the mind of Christ: the mind of humility, of self-surrender, of sacrifice; of obedience; service, of pity, and of prayer.
Then . . . where is the hate, jealousy, vengeance, envy, egotism, etc. etc.?)
Quote:
...and these make up the true nature of God: love; righteousness; holyness...to His children of faith and obedience........just; wrathful; vengeful; anger; an avenger; jealous...and He reserves all these attributes for His enemies, the chidren of disobedience...the children of the devil...the wicked...READ ALL THESE NEW TESTAMENT DESCRIPTIONS OF GOD'S TRUE NATURE!...
Since these are NOT in the "mind of Christ" (which is our ONLY faithful source for the mind of God) where are you getting these human weaknesses from . . . do you think? AND . . . Why do you pepper your posts with all these irrelevant (meaning: they DO NOT support the point you are trying to make) verses . . . as if they DO support your point?
Quote:
Oh, and Mystic...

...I guess after this revelation...you may want to regard the New Testament as "of no efffect" too...
Absurd! How do you conclude this non-sequitur???
Quote:
oh, and by the way...Old Testament means Old Covenant...New Testament means New Covenant...the old written on tablets of stone, the new written upon the hearts of believers...one in the same.
Wrong the OT are scriptures . . . like the books of Moses
(Pentateuch) . . . not the tablets. The NT are the writings of the apostles and disciples of Christ.

The Covenants are between us and God. The Old covenant was on tablets as the TEN commandments . . . but the new one is "written in our hearts" (which you seem to completely ignore, btw) and in the TWO commandments of Christ . . . "Love God and each other."

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth, Mystic

Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
This is the mind of Christ: the mind of humility, of self-surrender, of sacrifice; of obedience; service, of pity, and of prayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then . . . where is the hate, jealousy, vengeance, envy, egotism, etc. etc.?)

Love is an affection of union in God, whose objects are the creature, imitating or related to God either according to likeness.

Desire is an affection of obtaining the works of righteousness from rational creatures, bestowing a reward, as well as inflicting punishment if they be disobedient or rebellious.

Anger is an affection of depulsion in God, through the punishment of the creature that has transgressed his law, by which he inflicts on the creature the evil of misery for his unrighteousness, and takes the vengeance which is due to him, as an indication of his love towards justice, and of his hatred to sin. When this affection is vehement, it is called "fury."

Hatred is an affection of separation in God, whose many object is injustice or unrighteousness; and the secondary, the misery of the creature. But since God properly loves himself and the good of justice, and by the same impulse holds iniquity in detestation; and since he secondarily loves the creature and his blessedness, and in that impulse hates the misery of the creature, that is, he wills it to be taken away from the creature; hence, it comes to pass, that he hates the creature who perseveres in unrighteousness, and he loves his misery.

Hatred flows from His love. He just cannot accept disobedience and unrighteousness simply because of WHO He IS. ..and WHAT He IS...and THAT IS Holy.

...and I learned what humility; self-surrender; sacrifice; service; pity; obedience and prayer IS! from the Old Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna
...and these make up the true nature of God
Quote:
: love; righteousness; holyness...to His children of faith and obedience........just; wrathful; vengeful; anger; an avenger; jealous...and He reserves all these attributes for His enemies, the chidren of disobedience...the children of the devil...the wicked...READ ALL THESE NEW TESTAMENT DESCRIPTIONS OF GOD'S TRUE NATURE!...
Quote:

Ephesians 4:24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Peter 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

Revelation 16:19 The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath.

Revelation 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels who had seven plagues, which are the last, because in them the wrath of God is finished.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Colossians 3:6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,

Revelation 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever.

Revelation 14:1 So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God.

Romans 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:6 "...and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you.

Nahum 1:2 A jealous and avenging God is the LORD; The LORD is avenging and wrathful. The LORD takes vengeance on His adversaries, And He reserves wrath for His enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Since these are NOT in the "mind of Christ" (which is our ONLY faithful source for the mind of God) where are you getting these human weaknesses from . . . do you think? AND . . . Why do you pepper your posts with all these irrelevant (meaning: they DO NOT support the point you are trying to make) verses . . . as if they DO support your point?

Well Mystic...can you read...? or what...? Do you not see in these passages the attributes of God mentioned in any of them...?...or not...? They do derive from the BIBLE you know...I just didn't pull them out of the sky! Where am I getting these from...? Well, let's see...from Ephesians, Romans, 1 Peter, Revelation, Colossians and 1 Thessalonians, that's where...what on earth are you talking about "where did I get them"?! Irrelevent...? You have got to be kidding me. I cannot take you seriously Mystic...this is just...well....idiodic. This is just not a credible conversation.

Quote:
Oh, and Mystic...

...I guess after this revelation...you may want to regard the New Testament as "of no efffect" too...

Quote:
Absurd! How do you conclude this non-sequitur???

You did say the Old Covenant was of no effect...did you not? Well, since the New Covenant fully supports the Old Covenant...as it serves to supplement and complete it, as proven...you obviously reject it too, or are you double-minded?....and this reply of mine below is how I conclude this "non-sequitur"...

Quote:
oh, and by the way...Old Testament means Old Covenant...New Testament means New Covenant...the old written on tablets of stone, the new written upon the hearts of believers...one in the same.

Quote:
Wrong the OT are scriptures . . . like the books of Moses (Pentateuch) . . . not the tablets. The NT are the writings of the apostles and disciples of Christ.

The Covenants are between us and God. The Old covenant was on tablets as the TEN commandments . . . but the new one is "written in our hearts" (which you seem to completely ignore, btw) and in the TWO commandments of Christ . . . "Love God and each other."
Wrong. Study up on it, and you'll find out the truth.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

You all use this verse not even knowing the true meaning of it. It means that when people read (past tense) the commands of God, in times past, and NOW, in the present, in the Old AND! in the New Testament...they're unbelief was, and still is their rebellion against it and they/you reject it, TO THIS DAY!...thus the same veil that was upon them preventing them from seeing the truth THEN!...STILL REMAINS to this day! If you love God you MUST keep His commandments. Period. No matter what you think.

You all do not "see"!!!...but it is because you are under a veil...and you cannot see the truth if it bit you!

He gathered into the one faith of Abraham those who, from either covenant, are eligible for God's building...connecting the end with the beginning, the first and the last.

"He that is spiritual judgeth all things." ALL The Scriptures are included among the "all things." But notice, Paul does not say that anyone may set himself up as judge, but "he that is spiritual"; that is, the man who is controlled by the Spirit of Christ.

"Let the Bible go forth into Christendom as it is in itself, as a book like other books, without allowing any dogmatic theory to assign it to a reserved position in the ranks of books, let it accomplish of itself entirely through its own character and through that which each man can find in it for himself, and it will accomplish great things." Richard Rothe.

Amen.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna

Old 10-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
[/font]
Love is an affection of union in God, whose objects are the creature, imitating or related to God either according to likeness.

Desire is an affection of obtaining the works of righteousness from rational creatures, bestowing a reward, as well as inflicting punishment if they be disobedient or rebellious.

Anger is an affection of depulsion in God, through the punishment of the creature that has transgressed his law, by which he inflicts on the creature the evil of misery for his unrighteousness, and takes the vengeance which is due to him, as an indication of his love towards justice, and of his hatred to sin. When this affection is vehement, it is called "fury."

Hatred is an affection of separation in God, whose many object is injustice or unrighteousness; and the secondary, the misery of the creature. But since God properly loves himself and the good of justice, and by the same impulse holds iniquity in detestation; and since he secondarily loves the creature and his blessedness, and in that impulse hates the misery of the creature, that is, he wills it to be taken away from the creature; hence, it comes to pass, that he hates the creature who perseveres in unrighteousness, and he loves his misery.

Hatred flows from His love. He just cannot accept disobedience and unrighteousness simply because of WHO He IS. ..and WHAT He IS...and THAT IS Holy.
This is an expression of complete psychological ignorance unrelated to reality. No wonder you are so messed up.
Quote:
Well Mystic...can you read...? or what...? Do you not see in these passages the attributes of God mentioned in any of them...?...or not...? They do derive from the BIBLE you know...I just didn't pull them out of the sky! Where am I getting these from...? Well, let's see...from Ephesians, Romans, 1 Peter, Revelation, Colossians and 1 Thessalonians, that's where...what on earth are you talking about "where did I get them"?! Irrelevent...? You have got to be kidding me. I cannot take you seriously Mystic...this is just...well....idiodic. This is just not a credible conversation.
Yes I can read . . .but perhaps you cannot . . . if you think these verses support your belief in the ignorant descriptions of human weakness attributed to God by our ancestors.
Quote:
You did say the Old Covenant was of no effect...did you not? Well, since the New Covenant fully supports the Old Covenant...as it serves to supplement and complete it, as proven...you obviously reject it too, or are you double-minded?....and this reply of mine below is how I conclude this "non-sequitur"...
I had no idea that your lack of understanding was so thoroughly misguided about even the basics of hermeneutics and exegesis. You are in worse shape than I imagined.
Quote:

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

You all use this verse not even knowing the true meaning of it. It means that when people read (past tense) the commands of God, in times past, and NOW, in the present, in the Old AND! in the New Testament...they're unbelief was, and still is their rebellion against it and they/you reject it, TO THIS DAY!...thus the same veil that was upon them preventing them from seeing the truth THEN!...STILL REMAINS to this day! If you love God you MUST keep His commandments. Period. No matter what you think.

You all do not "see"!!!...but it is because you are under a veil...and you cannot see the truth if it bit you!
Wrong again: 2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blindedblind mind = ignorant . . . not disobedient!!) for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail(ignorance) is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it(the heart)shall turn to the Lord(Christ), the vail(ignorance) shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit(Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The veil of ignorance is over YOUR heart when you read the OT and you do not use the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit to lift it and allow what is truly "written in your heart" to see through the ignorance about the TRUE NATURE of God you have been resisting in defense of the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Old 10-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
[/font]

This is an expression of complete psychological ignorance unrelated to reality. No wonder you are so messed up.
Quote:
Yes I can read . . . but perhaps you cannot . . . if you think these verses support your belief in the ignorant descriptions of human psychological weakness attributed to God by our ancestors.
Quote:
I had no idea that your lack of understanding was so thoroughly misguided about even the basics of hermeneutics and exegesis. You are in worse shape than I imagined.
Quote:

Wrong again: 2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded(blind mind = ignorant . . . not disobedient!!) for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail(ignorance) is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it(the heart)shall turn to the Lord(Christ), the vail(ignorance) shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit(Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The veil of ignorance is over YOUR heart when you read the OT and you do not use the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit to lift it and allow what is truly "written in your heart" to see through the ignorance about the TRUE NATURE of God you have been resisting in defense of the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM

Mystic,

You and I will just have to agree to disagree. There is no point in going any further. I've said all I need to say, and I am pleased with what God has given me. I'm done with this conversation.

God Bless.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:

Verna, a sound word of advice for YOU ...

If I were you (and thank god i am not) I would be very, very careful with my words ... They are going to stay with YOU, and YOU will account for everyone of them. YOU who teaches that God hates most of humanity.

God IS very much alive, the TRUE God who IS love, and who loves ALL the people in the world so much that he gave his only begotten son for them.

You have said enough, and i denounce your dead false religion of hate and violence just as Jesus denounced the false religion of the Pharisees of his time.

I say it again, your FALSE God of hate is DEAD, and was never alive, and will never be alive!

Praise be to the TRUE living God, who is life and love and truth, and who is the savior of ALL people, and who loved everyone of us before any of us ever loved him.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-25-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity