Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus IS the Word of God . . . so He couldn't speak anything other than the Word of God. BUT . . . Jesus did NOT speak anything in the OT!!!
True dat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Jesus IS the Word of God . . . so He couldn't speak anything other than the Word of God. BUT . . . Jesus did NOT speak anything in the OT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
True dat
wrong dat...I'm really quite surprise at these responses...coming from such "so-called" knowledgeable Christians...?...quite surprising, indeed......incredible.

...not according to the WORD of God, Jesus, Himself...God said, through His WORD Jesus...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Romans 9:5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

>>>1 John 1:1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard<<<, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 1:2The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

Revelation 19:13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Wrong thread , sorry Verna.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 AM

63,831 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
wrong dat...I'm really quite surprise at these responses...coming from such "so-called" knowledgeable Christians...?...quite surprising, indeed......incredible.

...not according to the WORD of God, Jesus, Himself...God said, through His WORD Jesus...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Romans 9:5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

>>>1 John 1:1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard<<<, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 1:2The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

Revelation 19:13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

Verna.
ALL of this is true, Verna . . . but it has nothing to do with what is written in the OT by our primitive ancestors under the veil of ignorance!!! Only what Jesus revealed and taught after His appearance on the earth can be considered the Word of God and His example is the only truth about the nature of our loving God . . . not the ignorant primitive fears and drivel of our ancestors.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
ALL of this is true, Verna . . . but it has nothing to do with what is written in the OT by our primitive ancestors under the veil of ignorance!!! Only what Jesus revealed and taught after His appearance on the earth can be considered the Word of God and His example is the only truth about the nature of our loving God . . . not the ignorant primitive fears and drivel of our ancestors.
Jesus affirms this since he clarified several things when he would say "You have heard it said.... But I tell you"

Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Jesus affirms this since he clarified several things when he would say "You have heard it said.... But I tell you"
Precisely and he also said "it's written in your law".

Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Precisely and he also said "it's written in your law".
...just continue on in your ignorances of the Word of God...continue on in twisting His truth to make it say what you want it to say instead of just relying on what it does say, in fact...and believing it...continue on with your missions at hand...we all have our jobs to do...and purposes to fulfill...God will get the glory out of all of it...notwithstanding.

This is all I have to say. Good day.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
...just continue on in your ignorances of the Word of God...continue on in twisting His truth to make it say what you want it to say instead of just relying on what it does say, in fact...and believing it...continue on with your missions at hand...we all have our jobs to do...and purposes to fulfill...God will get the glory out of all of it...notwithstanding.

This is all I have to say. Good day.

In other words, you can't refute the words of Jesus with your bile.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:

Verna.
Quote:
Quote:

Here is what is written in the old testament ...

Exd 21:22-25
“If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

And again ...

Lev 24:17-22
“‘If anyone takes the life of a human being, he must be put to death. Anyone who takes the life of someone’s animal must make restitution—life for life. If anyone injures his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured. Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a man must be put to death. You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the Lord your God.’”

And again ...

Deu 19:20-21
The rest of the people will hear of this and be afraid, and never again will such an evil thing be done among you. Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

And again ...

Psa 139:21-22
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

So that is what the old testament writers said that God commanded them ...

But when Jesus came on the scene, what he had to say was the exact opposite ...

Mat 5:38-41
You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighborh and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So either Christ IS NOT the express image of God, and he contradicted Gods words as expressed in the old testament. Or he IS the express image of God, and the writers of the old testament were blind to the true nature of God and thus misrepresented God in their writing of the old testament.

I'll trust in the words of Christ over the words and laws of the old testament any day ...

Below is an interesting commentary on this topic(its not a christian Universalist commentary either), that Shows that God truly loves his enemies and sinners, even though the old testament says otherwise and the traditions of Israel which were built up around the writings of the old testament were in severe error, Just as Moses severely misrepresented God to Israel when instead of speaking to the stone for water as commanded he instead in wrath viciously and impatiently struck the stone thrice, and that is why the nation of Israel was destroyed in 70 AD just as Moses was not allowed to enter into the promised land to begin with.

http://www.preceptaustin.org/matthew_543-45.htm

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-10-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 PM

595 posts, read 762,204 times
Quote:
...all of this is quite telling actually.....everyone reading this thread...pay very close attention to the responses...all anyone has to do is read what Jesus said in Scripture...as I'll post it exactly! as it is written...exactly! how He said it...and you will be able to determine for yourselves who believes in the Word of our living God, and who does not.

God Bless!
Thank you Lord for your precious Word!

2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were by the Holy Spirit.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Thank you Verna,
God Bless,
Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity