Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times

Advertisements

So Verna in your mind what is Jesus is saying, when he says "You have heard it said, but i say unto you". ?
Please give a simple answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Thank you Lord for your precious Word!

2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were by the Holy Spirit.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Thank you Verna,
God Bless,
Mercy
Mercy...you are such a blessing to me...Thank you for your support...I truly do appreciate you and your precious heart.

God Bless you.

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Today 05:58 PM
Quote:

2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were by the Holy Spirit.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
Today 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
Jesus affirms this since he clarified several things when he would say "You have heard it said.... But I tell you"

déjà vu

Thank you!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Default The words of Christ...

"I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."
John 8:26

"Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did.
John 8:39

I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word.
John 8:37

Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
John 8:43

A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.
Romans 2:28

Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned."
Romans 9:7

Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham.
Galatians3:7

Let us look at the Sermon on the Mount, and see what Christ had to say:

"Ye have heard that it has been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: but I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, (an expression of contempt), shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, (an expression of condemnation), shall be in danger of hell fire." "Three degrees of murderous guilt," as has been said, "all of which can be manifested without a blow being struck; secret anger—the spiteful jeer—the open, unrestrained outburst of violent abusive speech."

...and what does John say? "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

Did you ever in your heart wish a man dead? That was murder. Did you ever get so angry that you wished any one harm? Then you are guilty. I may be addressing some one who is cultivating an unforgiving spirit. That is the spirit of the murderer, and needs to be rooted out of your heart. We can only read man's acts—what they have done. God looks down into the heart. That is the birthplace and home of the evil desires and intentions that lead to the transgression of all God's laws.

Listen once more to the words of Jesus: "From within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts—adulteries—fornications—murders —thefts—covetousness—wickedness—deceit—l asciviousness—an evil eye—blasphemy—pride—foolishness. . . ."
May God purge our hearts of these evil things, if we are harboring them!

Ah, if many of us were weighed now, we should find Belshazzar's doom written against us.

While the two disciples were speaking, Jesus himself stood among them. And they were frightened and believed that they saw a ghost; but he said to them, "Why are you so frightened? Why do you doubt? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, for a ghost has not flesh and bones as you see that I have." While they were still unable for very joy and wonder to believe, he said to them, "Have you anything to eat here?" And when they gave him a piece of broiled fish, he ate before them.

Then he said to them, "This is what I told you when I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled." Then he helped them to understand the scriptures, and said, "It is written that the Christ must suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that in his name all nations must be called upon to turn from their sins and gain God's forgiveness. You yourselves, beginning at Jerusalem, are to tell men about these things."

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

John 18:20 "I have spoken openly to the world," Jesus replied. "I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,Verna.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Verna in your mind what is Jesus is saying, when he says "You have heard it said, but i say unto you". ?
I'd be interested in your answer, too, Verna.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:

Thank you Verna,
God Bless,
Mercy

Yes it is, but not all of what people say it means is from God, especially people who use it to constantly tell others that they doomed because they do not read it like they do.

Thank you Verna for reminding me that what I used to believe was not good for my soul.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Hi Verna noticed you around , did you give my question any consideration ?

Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Hi Verna noticed you around , did you give my question any consideration ?
Yep.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verna perry View Post
yep.
Oh , are you and sciota the same person . Or did he answer on your behalf, on another thread started by you ? See the Hell-ET ..Annihilation thread.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Oh , are you and sciota the same person . Or did he answer on your behalf ?
...no...and no. I answered it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity