Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I am done with the endless blathering debating back and forth with people who are not able to see nor hear the truth when they see it or hear it. I'll just let God do the talking through Jesus His Son...and watch as you all twist and turn His truth every which way but loose! Go ahead! Carry on!...the whole world is watching! fulfill your missions!!! Do what it is you were created to do. God can use it all for His good!

God Bless!

The problem is yours, I posted only 2 scriptures and declared I believe them as written.

Did you not start this to implore people to believe Gods word as written?

You and others around here talk all the time about believing scripture and then when I declare that I believe it, I only post scripture and make no conclusions using my own words, you say I am twisting scripture when all I posted was scripture.

The reality is that you want people to believe what YOU say it means, that is why you carreened off the road when faced with having to believe it YOURSELF AS IT IS WRITTEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The problem is yours, I posted only 2 scriptures and declared I believe them as written.

Did you not start this to implore people to believe Gods word as written?

You and others around here talk all the time about believing scripture and then when I declare that I believe it, I only post scripture and make no conclusions using my own words, you say I am twisting scripture when all I posted was scripture.

The reality is that you want people to believe what YOU say it means, that is why you carreened off the road when faced with having to believe it YOURSELF AS IT IS WRITTEN.
Uh...HELLLLLLOOOOO... It isn't any secret what you believe Phaze...you believe that ALL! will see their salvation!...whether they die in their pathetic sin or not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out ya know!...who are you trying to fool...? Not me...

Really done this time.

...maybe.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Uh...HELLLLLLOOOOO... It isn't any secret what you believe Phaze...you believe that ALL! will see their salvation!...whether they die in their pathetic sin or not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out ya know!...who are you trying to fool...? Not me...

Really done this time.

...maybe.

Now you are deflecting. How am I twisting the scriptures when I only posted the scriptures? Are you saying I cannot believe 1 Timothy 2:4
AS IT IS WRITTEN.

I do not keep me beliefs secret as if someone has to figure them out, I am not interested in your commentary on what I believe because you simply need to own up to your own nonsense and explain why I cannot believe the following verses AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

Explain it, and quit walking away as if that declares you're right. Moderator cut: deleted

1Ti 2:3 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God,
1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

I believe that. Why should I not? Explain.....

Last edited by june 7th; 09-29-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Holy Spirit gives the witness and power. The carnal mind has twisted scriptures to its own destruction, because it doesn't have the SPIRIT to guide it.
Jesus had the Spirit without measure. Verna does not. You do not. I do not.
Therefore, in order to understand Jesus' words, you need HIS PERSONAL REVELATION.

When you hear Christ within you, He will teach you and lead you into all truth. The disciples couldn't receive the Spirit in themselves in power until HE went away.

Know ye not that Jesus Christ IS IN YOU???

Blessings,
brian
1 Corinthians 2:10-14

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Here's an example of the Spirit imparting wisdom before Christ's death.

Luke 2:26 - And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

The Holy Spirit is personal.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1 Corinthians 2:10-14

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Here's an example of the Spirit imparting wisdom before Christ's death.

Luke 2:26 - And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

The Holy Spirit is personal.
YES!! Agreed 1000%.
Unfortunately, many today are content to be taught by man, and don't want to listen to the Spirit in them!!

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
YES!! Agreed 1000%.
Unfortunately, many today are content to be taught by man, and don't want to listen to the Spirit in them!!

Blessings to you,
brian
The Spirit can be in the man who speaks, and the the hearer who hears - working in both to achieve His purpose.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Now you are deflecting. How am I twisting the scriptures when I only posted the scriptures? Are you saying I cannot believe 1 Timothy 2:4
AS IT IS WRITTEN.

I do not keep me beliefs secret as if someone has to figure them out, I am not interested in your commentary on what I believe because you simply need to own up to your own nonsense and explain why I cannot believe the following verses AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

Explain it, and quit walking away as if that declares you're right. Moderator cut: Orphaned reference

1Ti 2:3 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God,
1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

I believe that. Why should I not? Explain.....
LOL!!!...I'm deflecting...LOL!!!...and a "coward" too...?...Ha! Ha! Ha!...some are seemingly getting desperate...a few someone's...I can't blame you all really though. I understand...completely!!...

Let's just put it ths way,
I believe in:

1 Timothy 2:3,4 too!...and I also believe, by comparing precept upon upon precept...line upon line, line upon line...comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...by rightly dividing the Word of God, that NOT EVERYONE WILL COME INTO A REALIZATION OF THE TRUTH!...even though our Almighty God wills that all would...

Now don't you forget, (you said it yourself too!) GOD DOES NOT! CONTRADICT HIMSELF! Right...? Right...! So... He said this through Jesus...

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

...and He also said this through Jesus...

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them:but gather the wheat into my barn.

...and this He said too!...

The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

..OH! There are JUST SO MANY!! ...I don't know where to stop!!

But I'll stop there...

...This is just too painful.....I know...for you.

D-O-N-E!...

...maybe.

I believe. Oh yes! I believe!

In Christ's love, and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-29-2010 at 07:34 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Orphaned reference
Moderator cut: Orphaned

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:3,4 too!...and I also believe, by comparing precept upon upon precept...line upon line, line upon line...comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...by rightly dividing the Word of God, that NOT EVERYONE WILL COME INTO A REALIZATION OF THE TRUTH!...even thoguh our Almighty God wills that all would...

Now there is words where you imply conclusions based not upon direct wording of scriupture, but implication based upon commentary that you have to add

1 timothy does not contain any thing that states, "NOT EVERYONE WILL COME INTO A REALIZATION OF THE TRUTH!...even thoguh our Almighty God wills that all would"

So when you state that you will post a scripture exactly as it is written and that is what someone is supposed to believe, you have no idea what you are talking about.

That only works so long as someone agrees that it "means" what you believe it means. But when faced with presenting scripture exactly as written then you say it MEANS something other than what is written.

That has been my whole point. Thank you for reinforcing it.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-29-2010 at 07:36 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 04:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
I am done with the endless blathering debating back and forth with people who are not able to see nor hear the truth when they see it or hear it. I'll just let God do the talking through Jesus His Son...and watch as you all twist and turn His truth every which way but loose! Go ahead! Carry on!...the whole world is watching! fulfill your missions!!! Do what it is you were created to do. God can use it all for His good!

God Bless!
We are unable to accept the lies that God hates and loathes humanity, and that he is unable to accomplish his will and whatever he desires or whatever pleases him.

You teach God is to weak to save all people, even though you admit that he wills all people to be saved. You teach that the power of Satan to deceive is greater than the power of God to persuade, and you teach that the power of Satan to destroy is greater than the power of God to save. You teach that Satan is victorious over Christ in the struggle for the souls of mankind. You teach that where grace abounds, sin does much more abound. You teach that Adams disobedience is more powerful in its affect on humanity than Christs obedience.

You teach contrary to the scriptures, that man must earn salvation and that evil and sin will exist forever, and your teaching makes the word of God of none effect.

Peace ...

Old 09-27-2010, 04:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
you believe that ALL! will see their salvation!...whether they die in their pathetic sin or not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out ya know!...
The scritpures teach that all will see salvation, but you do not believe the scriptures that teach contrary to what you want to believe in your hardened heart.

Luke 3:6
-

Amplified Bible
And all mankind shall see (behold and understand and at last acknowledge) the salvation of God (the deliverance from eternal death decreed by God).

New International Version (©1984)
And all mankind will see God's salvation.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Everyone will see the salvation that God has provided

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
All people will see the salvation that God gives

Weymouth New Testament
and then shall all mankind see God's salvation

Young's Literal Translation
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Edit -

You wrote ...
Quote:
whether they die in their pathetic sin or not ...

(emphasis mine)
Wow, beside the fact that you teach God hates and loathes humanity along with your words above really says how full of hate and loathing you are ... Your true colors are shining through Verna. Why do you have so much hate and pride in your heart? Why do you hate your enemies when Christ has commanded that we love our enemies? If you believe that God hates/loathes sinners then that must mean you hate/loath sinners as well. You are teaching and believe the opposite of what Christ taught, and you cant even see it ... May God have mercy on your hateful heart of stone and your vindictive soul tht desires the suffering of most of humanity whom you believe deserve to be tortured for eternity.

Peace ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity