Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:35 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times

Advertisements

No. Pretty much everybody is accounted for. Next question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
'The rapture is not post-tribulational. There is nothing in the Scriptures that implies that.'

Either he is being completely deceptive or abosolutely ignorant of the Bible.

Yet it is ironic that his links to I Thess. as proof of Pre-tribulationalism says nothing about a tribulation - let alone pre-tribulationalism

Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I have not seen my neighbor in days. hmmm.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
'The rapture is not post-tribulational. There is nothing in the Scriptures that implies that.'

Either he is being completely deceptive or abosolutely ignorant of the Bible.

Yet it is ironic that his links to I Thess. as proof of Pre-tribulationalism says nothing about a tribulation - let alone pre-tribulationalism
Either listen to the lessons or remain silent about things of which you know absolutely nothing. There is NOTHING Scriptural about a post tribulational rapture.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I have not seen my neighbor in days. hmmm.
Maybe he's just avoiding you?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Either listen to the lessons or remain silent about things of which you know absolutely nothing. There is NOTHING Scriptural about a post tribulational rapture.
I am very familar with pre-trib theology. So please tell me where in I Thess. is there mention of a tribulation and a pre-trib rapture at that? Otherwise my point stands. Just spinning the same old canard.

Mike can't do it and he won't do it without resorting to eisegesis and overlay of other verses to interpret what he has failed to first interpret according to sound exegetical and ordered hermenuetics. Using other sciptures outside of the primary context is the last thing you do - not the first - it is to substantiate what you should have all ready arrived at from the primary verse itself. You can not arrive at a pre-trib rapture in I Thess. when no tribulation is even mentioned.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Maybe he's just avoiding you?
Could be, could very well be. But being as well liked as I am, I doubt it.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Quote:
When you get to heaven, you are allowed 1 phone call, e-mail or forum post back to earth. The rapture happened yesterday so this is my only post that I am allowed, gotta make it count. There are just so few of us that made it, something like 144,000 or so. Not sure if there are any other forum members up here yet.

The rest of your poor saps, the next 7 years are going to be pretty tough. Stock up on food and ammo. Don't trust Obama and thats all I'm allowed to say. Gotta go now, I'm a judge in a Miss Universe contest and thats starting up. Yeah, we have those up here too. Take care and see you in earth year 2017.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I'm a judge in a Miss Universe contest and thats starting up. Yeah, we have those up here too. Take care and see you in earth year 2017.
Does Trump run that one also?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am very familar with pre-trib theology. So please tell me where in I Thess. is there mention of a tribulation and a pre-trib rapture at that? Otherwise my point stands. Just spinning the same old canard.

Mike can't do it and he won't do it without resorting to eisegesis and overlay of other verses to interpret what he has failed to first interpret according to sound exegetical and ordered hermenuetics. Using other sciptures outside of the primary context is the last thing you do - not the first - it is to substantiate what you should have all ready arrived at from the primary verse itself. You can not arrive at a pre-trib rapture in I Thess. when no tribulation is even mentioned.
The lessons are not confined to 1 Thessalonians. That is the name of the lesson series. There are hours of study on both the pre-tribulational rapture and the tribulation.

For you people who flat out are opposed to the truth and even hostile toward the truth, simply go your own way. I have offered these audio lessons for the benefit of those who are interested in a better understanding of why the rapture is pre-trib and what is involved in the tribulation. For those of you who are like the above individual, simply continue on as you are.

Here again are the lessons. The topic gets into the rapture around lession #48. This is a very knowlegeable pastor.

1st Thessalonians (Audios 41-50) : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

1st Thessalonians (Audios 51-60) : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

1st Thessalonians (Audios 51-60) : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity