Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 AM

380 posts, read 1,230,277 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are seperated. she moved out with all her stuff. Im hurt By it. it has been failing for awhile. Can God make it work? I try so hard that I dont know what else to do. I pray multiple times a day. I dont want a divorce. But she does I think.

She says she loves me but also said she cant keep it going. she hasent filed yet. she is in alot debt. I dont know what else to do to win her back. weve been married only 16 months now. we are both in our 20's. I need all the prayers I can get. she means alot to me. and now. I just started to change how I am as a man. but Ive told her this before and always went back to my old ways. but it's diffrent because she wants a divorce. but I will pray and pray even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Me and my wife are seperated. she moved out with all her stuff. Im hurt By it. it has been failing for awhile. Can God make it work? I try so hard that I dont know what else to do. I pray multiple times a day. I dont want a divorce. But she does I think.

She says she loves me but also said she cant keep it going. she hasent filed yet. she is in alot debt. I dont know what else to do to win her back. weve been married only 16 months now. we are both in our 20's. I need all the prayers I can get. she means alot to me. and now. I just started to change how I am as a man. but Ive told her this before and always went back to my old ways. but it's diffrent because she wants a divorce. but I will pray and pray even more.

No it is not different, you think she has any reason to believe you simply because "now she wants a divorce" I have met plenty of people like you, once you get her back , you will return to your old ways.

Want to do the Godly thing? Let her go so the abuse will end.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
God can do nothing for you if you do not meet Him halfway. Marriage is a partnership, not a one-sided affair. Whatever you are going through, many people have already been there. Stop looking at each others faults and see what it is that made you love each other to begin with. It takes two to make a marriage work and if only one is working then it will fail.

People in general don't change but their ideas change so if you don't progress with the ideas, it will not work. You must strive to develop a relationship through love and leave the negatives to themselves. You loved each other once, you must find that love again. When you pray, ask God to send His love into your soul. Ask that He send you strength to overcome whatever may happen be it a divorce or staying together. Ask for understanding so that you can discover the obstacle that led you to the point you are now. Ask for forgiveness for yourself and your wife.

The most important thing to remember is to love yourself no matter what may transpire. If you do not love yourself, it's not likely that you will love her. Just be love to each other.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 AM

889 posts, read 2,713,689 times
God can do anything, don't doubt that! I will pray for His Will to be done in your life. If it was a bad situation for your wife, though, maybe she has been praying to be able to get out. God won't leave her in the cold, or in a dangerous situation, just to please you. You are doing the right thing to be praying about it. God knows each of your hearts. I would concentrate on getting yourself right before God, before you do anything else.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
The way I see it - you can't make God responsible for your actions and for your marriage. But that's just my two cents.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
I've seen marriages healed, but it is the individual that must be healed first. Both you and your wife.

My opinion:

What kind of man does God want you to be? I'd start there.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,818 times
Okay. I will admit something I do not normally admit, but perhaps it will help.

I came to the point some years ago when I said, "You have used up all your chances." He heard me. He changed. But he had to live with my distrust of him, and his apparent change, for a few years before I could even start to try to learn to love him again.

A few years later, we are still together because his change was real. As of now, we have been married for over 23 years. If you can't be real, don't bother.

Now, this is just my opinion:
If you want to get back together, in my opinion, you need to back off and do what she wants: give her space and a lot of it. Be faithful to her but from a distance. Don't degrade her in your speech, actions, or humor. Don't harass her with phone calls. Give her time. Then you can try to get a date with her.

If she ever consents to a date, you treat her like a precious jewel who is someone's virgin daughter. Touch her hand good-bye. No trying to go further. And call her the next day to tell her how much you appreciated the time she gave you.

Do you see where I am going?

You need to start over, if she will let you. And if that turns you off, you need to forget it.

Marriage is work! Every day. It is appreciating the things the other person does and ignoring the little things that aggravate, because every individual has little things that aggravate the other. It is saying thank you for specific things, not general things. It is serving one another, and if the other is not yet serving, it is continuing to serve until the other is won over. It is spending time together. It is conversing. It is listening, listening, listening. And it is more. Are you willing to sacrifice yourself this way in order to be a man and serve her as a man? Because when you will, if things are not completely ruined between you two, you will win her over.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
She didn't leave god, she left YOU. That is a clear indicator of where the problem is, so now you want god to fix her, cause obviously YOU ain't the problem................... right?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Goodness, there is a lot of judging without all the facts going on in the replies to your question.

I believe God can and does heal marriages - but both parties must be willing to save the marriage. These situations can be very complicated.

I have personally felt my marriage was undergoing a spiritual attack on a number of occasions and I have felt that the power of prayer and the power of Christ was supernaturally intervening to keep it from coming apart. I've been married for 27 years. It has not been easy, but I will say the relationship has been worth the struggle and pain we've been through. Hope your marriage turns around.

Heartsong

Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Goodness, there is a lot of judging without all the facts going on in the replies to your question.

I believe God can and does heal marriages - but both parties must be willing to save the marriage. These situations can be very complicated.

I have personally felt my marriage was undergoing a spiritual attack on a number of occasions and I have felt that the power of prayer and the power of Christ was supernaturally intervening to keep it from coming apart. I've been married for 27 years. It has not been easy, but I will say the relationship has been worth the struggle and pain we've been through. Hope your marriage turns around.

Heartsong
Really? By whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity