Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,254,324 times

Advertisements

im saying this because heres how i think of it...........

Jesus is being slaughtered on a cross,now He turns to His Father and in a great show of MERCY,COMMPASSION,TOLERANCE,PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING ,NOBILITY,CARE and PURE LOVE for everyone,He says''forgive them lord for they dont know what they are doing''............now alot of people here beleive Jesus beleived in ET and preached that God was goin to torture everyone who dosent beleive,,,,,,,,,,,now in my opinion if that were the case then i think Jesus would have said somethin more like''Lord what are they doing to me,you might as well throw these straight to hell right now,not only dont they beleive but they are killing me''

so that one little line helped me come to the truth only bye lookin at the nature of Jesus,any ordinary man would want revenge but He was able to forgive straight away because He knew it was only out of ignorance that He was being crucified.

Jesus knew that we were all brothers He knew that we have an eternal relationship with the Supreme Father,and that out of ignorance we have lost our connection but He also knew that someday we will return!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 06:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,164,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post

Jesus is being slaughtered on a cross,now He turns to His Father and in a great show of MERCY,COMMPASSION,TOLERANCE,PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING ,NOBILITY,CARE and PURE LOVE for everyone,He says''forgive them lord for they dont know what they are doing''............now alot of people here beleive Jesus beleived in ET and preached that God was goin to torture everyone who dosent beleive,,,,,,,,,,,now in my opinion if that were the case then i think Jesus would have said somethin more like''Lord what are they doing to me,you might as well throw these straight to hell right now,not only dont they beleive but they are killing me''

so that one little line helped me come to the truth only bye lookin at the nature of Jesus,any ordinary man would want revenge but He was able to forgive straight away because He knew it was only out of ignorance that He was being crucified.

Jesus knew that we were all brothers He knew that we have an eternal relationship with the Supreme Father,and that out of ignorance we have lost our connection but He also knew that someday we will return!!!!!
Actually, He forgave them for what they were about to do. It was preordained from the foundation of the Kosmos(world). The Father didn't forgive so easily, evidently. Hense, in 70AD the WHOLE LOT was wiped out,,,who didn't listen to the Son and fled.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,595,027 times
Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 06:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, He forgave them for what they were about to do. It was preordained from the foundation of the Kosmos(world). The Father didn't forgive so easily, evidently. Hense, in 70AD the WHOLE LOT was wiped out,,,who didn't listen to the Son and fled.
HotinAZ, So God created a Kosmos and not the world as we all know it, are you serious ?. Do you not know that the Lord is long suffering towards us not willing that any should perish ?. I think you will find they were not all wiped out in 70 AD(sciota will put you right on that one), something major did happen in 70 AD, in laymans terms it was a changing of the guard.

Please this is not a UR,ET or annihilation view point. I think you need to get over your hump that God is mad with sinners.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,962,948 times
Quote:

To the bold, that was one of the things that helped me as well.
Great post!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
The Father doesn't forgive so easily ?, Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

Dear HotinAZ you really do need to have at least a 2nd and 3rd witness to those aha moments you think you are having ?

Old 11-07-2010, 07:14 PM

28,149 posts, read 30,093,829 times
Quote:

Makes sense to me, although I probably wouldn't have put it quite the way you did. I don't believe that Jesus would have asked His Father to forgive those who put Him to death if He knew this wasn't a possibility. It is true that they really did not know what they were doing, that they were torturing their Savior to death. God will grant forgiveness for those who repent of their sins. This may not be during their mortality, but during the time between their death and their resurrection. If Christ's murderers came to an understanding of just who it was they'd put to death, can you even imagine their horror at what they had done. And if they'd heard Jesus' prayer to His Father on their behalf, just imagine how deep their gratitude at the depth of His mercy.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,117,927 times
Quote:

The bold part coincides beautifully to what Paul said:

1 Timothy 1:13:
Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,595,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Makes sense to me, although I probably wouldn't have put it quite the way you did. I don't believe that Jesus would have asked His Father to forgive those who put Him to death if He knew this wasn't a possibility. It is true that they really did not know what they were doing, that they were torturing their Savior to death. God will grant forgiveness for those who repent of their sins. This may not be during their mortality, but during the time between their death and their resurrection. If Christ's murderers came to an understanding of just who it was they'd put to death, can you even imagine their horror at what they had done. And if they'd heard Jesus' prayer to His Father on their behalf, just imagine how deep their gratitude at the depth of His mercy.
Beyond imagination!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,254,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Father doesn't forgive so easily ?, Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

Dear HotinAZ you really do need to have at least a 2nd and 3rd witness to those aha moments you think you are having ?
there you gosimple as that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity