Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

There will be no more tears, no more pain, and no more sorrow in heaven.

You better believe it

Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,637,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Any other so-called "good news" that involves people suffering endlessly or people being annihilated out of existence is less-than-good. The good news brings fruits of joy, peace, love, and happiness. Not terror, pain, or sadness. That is why anything less than universal salvation can not be called truly good news.

People ask what we need to be saved from if there is no hell or annihilation. But there is plenty to be saved from in this world we live in, not the least of which is our own carnal self. Addiction, hate, war, murder, pain, disease, death, and yes, sin - it is all temporary in this life only. That is good news.

The good news is this: God sent His only son into the world to save it, not to judge it. Anyone who believes in Jesus will not perish but will have eonian life now. Eonian life is understanding and knowing God - it gives us faith and hope that we all will be saved from this corruption we live in now. But that is not all. Eonian life is knowing God and knowing the love of God. To know God is literally to love your fellow man. That is why His commands are to love: love God, love your neighbor, even love your enemy. But anyone who does not know God does not have this eonian life. God's wrath remains on them for a time - but even this is for a purpose. We all reap what we sow in time. However we are promised that God's wrath is not forever; but God's mercy is forever. In time every knee will bow and even swear allegiance to God. In time every single soul will praise and worship God and even love God.

God didn't just send his son for you and I, but He made Him the atonement for the whole world. He is the lamb who takes away the sin of the world. He is the savior of all men. In doing so, He rose again from the dead - He defeated death so that all can live. In Adam all died (through sin), but in Christ, all will live - but each in their own order. This is so Christ can eventually bring together all things so that God can be all in all. That is the whole point of everything. That is the good news. There is hope - which leads to joy, peace, and love - the fruits of the spirit: God will be all in all.

So, you may have been taught many things about God that didn't quite make sense, perhaps you have rejected these beliefs, perhaps you have accepted them but in the back of your mind it doesn't make sense to you. Don't be afraid to ask (and even try to answer) questions.

Remember the fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, and love - this is what the good news is about. And there is only one thing that can truly be called good news: the ultimate restoration and reconciliation of all things back to God - then God will be all in all.
Great post Legoman!! Very well said.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:14 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There will be no more tears, no more pain, and no more sorrow in heaven.

You better believe it
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Finn and millions of ET believers have been indoctrinated into an unthinking dogma that literally warns them not to think but trust what God has supposedly said (as told to them by men). There is no connection with God or Jesus . . . it is strictly rote memorization of the "precepts and doctrines of men" AS IF they were the words of God. There is no thought and no possibility of it out of fear of the "pot questioning the potter" and/or the notion that we "cannot understand the ways of God" . . . cute trick the early religious leaders dreamed up to keep the sheep in line.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-01-2010 at 07:29 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Great post Legoman!! Very well said.

It makes no sense to call it "good news" to someone who finds out about the "rules," "TOS," "volition," or whatever, and at the same time tell them it's too late for all their loved ones who have died before them. The real Good News is that God loves everyone ever created and Jesus saved mankind because He is the Savior of the World.

Someone only needs to be saved if they are unable to save themselves. If making a wise choice saves someone, then they can basically save themselves.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,773,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Of course I do. But I know their suffering will end one day. But you are trying to compare temporary suffering in this life - that will end - to suffering that will never end. Two completely different things.

I'm not trying to spin your words.

These are simple questions, that is all.

Wouldn't you be sad forever knowing others are suffering with no hope? How can that bring any joy or peace? You may have peace over your own destiny, but what about others? How can there be any peace knowing billions are suffering forever with no hope and no end?

The point is, anyone who would claim to have joy and be at peace even though they know that someone that they supposedly truly love is being tortured and or will be tortured continuously for ever can only be understood to be at least a borderline sociopath ...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The point is, anyone who would claim to have joy and be at peace even though they know that someone that they supposedly truly love is being tortured and or will be tortured continuously for ever can only be understood to be at least a borderline sociopath ...
Or simply BRAINWASHED ...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
There is no need for insults.

Jesus loves you Ironmaw, and He wants you to love your neighbor.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:

No insult intended ... Though some may take insult from what i said, i meant what i said.

I think of my loved ones who have died, whom many here claim they are even now in hell being tortured because of the way that they believed or because of their lifestyles or what have you.

Just the thought of never seeing them again is enough to make me loose it, how much more the thought of them suffering forever? Truly sick ...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:

I do love my neighbor, and that is precisely why i could never live while having true Joy and Peace in this life or any other while believing that anyone is being, or will be, tortured for ever.

And i know that Jesus loves me, and everyone else, and that is precisely why i do not believe he would even imagine torturing people for ever, or allowing anyone to end up being tortured forever, no matter what you or any other man teaches ...

Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I do love my neighbor.
They might believe you love them if you didn't call them sociopaths and didn't paint their God as a sick and twisted monster. They believe what they believe, because they read it from the Bible. You know that, so it is not nice to call people sociopaths just because they are not willing to abandon their faith and join yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity