Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:22 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,035,143 times

Advertisements

Some have desired that I start a new discussion on this topic which is about this verse:

Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those loving it eat its fruit.

Interesting verse, here we have Death and Life being considered "FRUIT". And told that people will EAT it.

The tongue is used to help in creating WORDS. So does this mean also that death or life could be in WORDS? - Yes it does:

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Words are Life and also notice they are SPIRIT.

I am going to explain to you on how TRUE that is. Remember High School, and the cheer-leaders would be a trying to give everyone the school "spirit". What would have been meant by that is to have an ATTITUDE and BEHAVIOR that was pro-school, pro-team. It is that use of "spirit" that you need to understand. WORDS carry Spirit. Those cheer-leaders were using WORDS to try to get you into the SPIRIT. This is how Jesus Christ gives us of God's Spirit. He uses Words just as John 6:63 shows.

We are to CONSUME those words.

My words tell others about who I am. They carry an identity of "me". Now if someone wants to be ME, they simply listen to my words and become me as they know from those words. Jesus is simply telling us of GOD. And we are to consume those WORDS about God to become AS GOD as is He.

This is done by listening to the words of Jesus Christ and becoming the being that those words contain. This is how one receives THAT Spirit which is the Holy Spirit. I'm am telling you the effectual operational method used by which one obtains the Holy Spirit. Few understand this. Spirit is BEING. We all have BEING. But to have the BEING of God is to belong to Him as His own Children. This is defined in our behavior, our character, and our attitude. Once those attributes in us conform to God's, by the consumption of the BEING contained in the WORDS Jesus spoke, we will have become His Children.

Likewise, if we were to consume that which is not of God's nature we would be consuming death which can also come in words.

Remember Jesus is the WORD of God. In His Words IS LIFE!!! Yes, His WORDS are CARRYING ETERNAL LIFE! All you have to do is make the SPIRIT that is in those words become yours and then that LIFE shall be in YOU!

Obviously, if you take on a Spirit that is not your own then you become a new being for your former spirit has been replaced by the new embraced Spirit. This means that your former self is NO LONGER.

Jesus said:

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Since Life is associated with Spirit, then see how one can actually LOSE their LIFE without ever having physically died. If I'm no longer who I was before because I'm now of a new creature exhibiting the character and nature of God then my former being is destroyed and I live with a NEW LIFE. So by losing my life (by obtaining that one which is of God), I have received ETERNAL LIFE.

Praise God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 11:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,372,420 times
Thank you for starting this thread, trettep!! I just noticed it now, and already I have things in me I want to share!
Last night I was into Ephesians again. Talk about a letter that can start a revolution!! And not the violent kind, mind you. NO. A revolution of what God is, where He is, who WE are, and where our power is in Him!

Bear with me..

Ch. 3:
1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
13Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

(Wow! A whole chapter! I feel like Verna! )

The underlined parts here point out that "mystery" spoken of at the beginning of the chapter. Christ within us, our hope of glory, with a power which can do MUCH MORE than we can ask or think!!! Now that's quite a lot!!

And together with the Spirit, is the Word, which is in our mouths. There is a spiritual power in the tongue; through blessing and giving thanks and praise, we are "caught up" in the Spirit with the Lord. (I shudder to think of so many bad things that we humans say to one another.. and the hurt those words can bring..!)

Now the words of Jesus do indeed bring life, simply because He is the Pattern Son. He got it right, and we need to learn to get it right, too!
The catch is this: are we only able to read pages in the Scriptures where He speaks, or are we able to hear His voice every day, speaking to us within? He has many things to say to us, if we will listen! And His words, if we are able to discern them, will bring us Life.

Blessings,
Brian

Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,035,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thank you for starting this thread, trettep!! I just noticed it now, and already I have things in me I want to share!
Last night I was into Ephesians again. Talk about a letter that can start a revolution!! And not the violent kind, mind you. NO. A revolution of what God is, where He is, who WE are, and where our power is in Him!

Bear with me..

Ch. 3:
1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
13Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

The underlined parts here point out that "mystery" spoken of at the beginning of the chapter. Christ within us, our hope of glory, with a power which can do MUCH MORE than we can ask or think!!! Now that's quite a lot!!

And together with the Spirit, is the Word, which is in our mouths. There is a spiritual power in the tongue; through blessing and giving thanks and praise, we are "caught up" in the Spirit with the Lord. (I shudder to think of so many bad things that we humans say to one another.. and the hurt those words can bring..!)

Now the words of Jesus do indeed bring life, simply because He is the Pattern Son. He got it right, and we need to learn to get it right, too!
The catch is this: are we only able to read pages in the Scriptures where He speaks, or are we able to hear His voice every day, speaking to us within? He has many things to say to us, if we will listen! And His words, if we are able to discern them, will bring us Life.

Blessings,
Brian
The words ARE Life. Not that they bring it. If your filled with His SPIRIT then you have the LIFE also. Nothing to wait to be brought.

Keep reading Brian. I am happy to see your thoughts here.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Some have desired that I start a new discussion on this topic which is about this verse:

Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those loving it eat its fruit.

Interesting verse, here we have Death and Life being considered "FRUIT". And told that people will EAT it.

The tongue is used to help in creating WORDS. So does this mean also that death or life could be in WORDS? - Yes it does:

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Words are Life and also notice they are SPIRIT.

I am going to explain to you on how TRUE that is. Remember High School, and the cheer-leaders would be a trying to give everyone the school "spirit". What would have been meant by that is to have an ATTITUDE and BEHAVIOR that was pro-school, pro-team. It is that use of "spirit" that you need to understand. WORDS carry Spirit. Those cheer-leaders were using WORDS to try to get you into the SPIRIT. This is how Jesus Christ gives us of God's Spirit. He uses Words just as John 6:63 shows.

We are to CONSUME those words.

My words tell others about who I am. They carry an identity of "me". Now if someone wants to be ME, they simply listen to my words and become me as they know from those words. Jesus is simply telling us of GOD. And we are to consume those WORDS about God to become AS GOD as is He.

This is done by listening to the words of Jesus Christ and becoming the being that those words contain. This is how one receives THAT Spirit which is the Holy Spirit. I'm am telling you the effectual operational method used by which one obtains the Holy Spirit. Few understand this. Spirit is BEING. We all have BEING. But to have the BEING of God is to belong to Him as His own Children. This is defined in our behavior, our character, and our attitude. Once those attributes in us conform to God's, by the consumption of the BEING contained in the WORDS Jesus spoke, we will have become His Children.

Likewise, if we were to consume that which is not of God's nature we would be consuming death which can also come in words.

Remember Jesus is the WORD of God. In His Words IS LIFE!!! Yes, His WORDS are CARRYING ETERNAL LIFE! All you have to do is make the SPIRIT that is in those words become yours and then that LIFE shall be in YOU!

Obviously, if you take on a Spirit that is not your own then you become a new being for your former spirit has been replaced by the new embraced Spirit. This means that your former self is NO LONGER.

Jesus said:

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Since Life is associated with Spirit, then see how one can actually LOSE their LIFE without ever having physically died. If I'm no longer who I was before because I'm now of a new creature exhibiting the character and nature of God then my former being is destroyed and I live with a NEW LIFE. So by losing my life (by obtaining that one which is of God), I have received ETERNAL LIFE.

Praise God!
Good post trettep

Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:

Both Death and Life are in power of the tongue, means you can use your tongue for both good and bad. You can use it to spread the truth of the Gospel, or you can use it to spread a false teachig, or you can misuse your tongue to lie, falsely accuse, mock, boast, critisize, slander, play people against each other, backbite, curse etc...

Whichever way you choose to use your tongue, you will reap what you sow.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Both Death and Life are in power of the tongue, means you can use your tongue for both good and bad. You can use it to spread the truth of the Gospel, or you can use it to spread a false teachig, or you can misuse your tongue to lie, falsely accuse, mock, boast, critisize, slander, play people against each other, backbite, curse etc...

Whichever way you choose to use your tongue, you will reap what you sow.
You will eat your words. But, they won't be tasty.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I was just agreeing with you.

(I guess I should have said "we"~~~everybody eats their own words at some point)

Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Caught your drift...fine breeze indeed...

Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Bear with me..

Ch. 3:
4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)...

...16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Blessings,
Brian
...very funny....

Quote:
The words ARE Life. Not that they bring it. If your filled with His SPIRIT then you have the LIFE also. Nothing to wait to be brought...
I so wish they could grasp this truth. It would clear up a whole lot of confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity