Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Law and the prophets? Fulfilled in Christ?

According to this poster, and many others, we should just throw away our Bibles and follow our heart because that is where the law is written now?
We were given the Bible for a very good reason, and trying to follow logic and the heart is a recipe for disaster.

Jeremiah 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:18 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We were given the Bible for a very good reason, and trying to follow logic and the heart is a recipe for disaster.

Jeremiah 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
God can!

Jeremiah 17:10

“I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
according to what their deeds deserve.”

(God examines the mind, too - the mind uses logic.)

Old 11-20-2010, 08:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

To be exactly precise He gave us Jesus , not the bible . John 3 :16 , and i wonder what part of this verse you will quote back at me

Before you search for a bible verse to justify God giving us a KJV or whatever other interpretation tickles your fancy , consider this

In the past God SPOKE to our ancestors through the prophets, at many times and in various ways, but in these last days has spoken to us through his son(jesus is not a bible). Hebrews 1 verses 1 and 2.

God Gave us his son, not a bible.Oceans of difference.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-20-2010 at 08:44 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks;

All I can say is be careful. We don't want to end up like the Jews that denied Him, murdered Him, lied about Him, and become...twice dead.

Maybe Jude didn't get the message. Father, forgive them. He's hardened them so he may have mercy on them. But you don't understand what that means.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;16730404]
Quote:
What I think is that too much emphasis is placed on a book that has been tampered with and mistranslated over the years. The truth resides in our hearts, that's where it is written. That's where God is.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

John 6:63

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Cross reference: Romans 2:29 and 7:6

But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit ....

and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and [his] praise is not from men, but from God.

AMEN

Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 PM

If you go solely by the Book without the Spirit, then you are dead.
Just look at the mentality on this board.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Amen to that!!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Jerwade my only real regret in life is the period i went by the book, i suffered a great loss due to it, thankfully He restored all that i lost.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He restored all that i lost.
We may suffer through the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
It is beyond obvious you need Christ, and the Spirit but the Bible is the word of God, and very important because God teaches us through the Bible. Some here try to argue that if someone says that the Bible is important, then that is same as saying Jesus is not important. It is a silly argument. That kind of argument is an example of the mentality on this board where people come basically to rate the spirituality of others and thump their chest and declare they are better Christians that someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity