Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:16 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

Some thoughts.

I wonder why Jesus says the two commandments are to love God with all your mind heart and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself? We are also to love our enemies.

Jesus taught so many things, yet those many things which point to a higher truth are plowed under. They are plowed under by horrendous non-truths about our Creator.

To love God with all of your heart, mind and soul. He KNOWS that we would never be able to do that if we didn't have the TRUTH within us. Those commands PUSH us towards truth. If we don't follow those commands, (we may pretend we do, and say it with our mouths but our hearts can be FAR from Him. We can say it with our mouths and pretend in our minds, but it could be mostly out of FEAR) we will remain stagnant on the path to the glorious truth.

Those who believe in Hell yet say they love God with all their mind, heart and soul are confused about ONE thing. They either do not TRULY believe in Hell in their heart of hearts, or they do NOT TRULY love God with all of their mind, heart and soul. I firmly believe t is absolutely, completely, TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do both.

Impossible. Think about this. Pray about it. Challenge yourself, Challenge your beliefs. Pray. Ask God to guide you. Ask Father. He will never leave you, nor forsake you.

The commands that Jesus says on which HANGS ALL OF THE LAW!!! Don't just wave it away. I just ask that instead of a knee-jerk reaction to what I've said here, that you just think on it. Ask God to guide you to the truth. Medidtate day and night on those two commands.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, MIND and SOUL! And LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. And remember that his BURDEN IS LIGHT.
GOD is not a liar. His burden IS light.

LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART! My family, my neighbors, even those I have a hard time liking, God is reconciling them. Eventually they will all understand how much God loves them. Eventually all will have their hearts FILLED with LOVE. Eventually, there will be NO EVIL TO RESTRAIN! Because God's LAW (LOVE) has been written on EVERY heart! THIS is how LOVE CONQUERS ALL. NOT by snuffing out, not by endlessly mindlessly torturing (God FORBID!!!) but by CONQUERING, by OVERCOMING!! That is the TRUE picture of Glory. Anything less would not give glory to God. Anything LESS would REMOVE the POWER of Love. The power of love is unstoppable. LOVE conquers ALL. Anything less ROBS GOD of GLORY!

How the love bubbles up in your whole being for a God that is THIS great! This POWERFUL! If even ONE little lamb, one little human being, one of our brothers or sisters was lost...it changes EVERYTHING.
No. HE is the GOOD SHEPHERD. Not ONE will be lost.

Hallelujah!! Now this is a God that brings forth all the love in one's heart.
This is a God who brings forth all the love in one's heart for their NEIGHBOR. This is a God who brings forth a change of heart towards one's enemies. Because we see the TRUTH. We see a time when our enemie's hearts will be filled with God's heart, and we see how we will no longer be enemies, but BROTHER AND SISTER. This is OUR God. The ONE TRUE GOD.

The two commands are a KEY to knowledge.
Ask God to help you. Ask Him to help you love Him with all of your heart, mind and soul and ask Him to help you love your neighbor as yourself.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Wonderful thoughts, a life of simplicity from a loving heart.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:38 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Dear Sparrow (blessed one among the saints),

Your heart is so beautiful and pure which glorifies and magnifies our great God.

Your words made me think of that song, "Outrageous Grace". Where sin abounds, grace does much more abound, according to the bible. And that IS outrageous grace indeed.

Outrageous Grace! - such a glorious song.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Q773SM5mo

Here's a link to the story behind that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lce5_LhPLxY

Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Very good .sparrow... what I know about my wonderful Heavenly Father is this... in order to receive His Love in our soul, it must be awakened, and this is simply done with prayer... asking Him to help with this process and praying that His Holy Spirit will bring His Love to our soul in abundance and we will know it's arrival by the warm feeling that happens near our hearts. And this isn't just a one time event... it becomes a part of our daily lives where eventually our soul will be open and then it is our soul that does the longing for God's Love... silently.

If people would understand the benefits of receiving God's Divine Love in their souls, they would start praying immediately... one of the benefits being that it changes us for the better. Blessings.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Those who believe in Hell yet say they love God with all their mind, heart and soul are confused about ONE thing. They either do not TRULY believe in Hell in their heart of hearts, or they do NOT TRULY love God with all of their mind, heart and soul. I firmly believe t is absolutely, completely, TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do both.
There was a day when I didn't want to beleive in death either, but facts are impossible to deny. Today I believe in God, death, heaven and hell.

Quote:
Impossible. Think about this. Pray about it. Challenge yourself, Challenge your beliefs. Pray. Ask God to guide you. Ask Father. He will never leave you, nor forsake you.
I have prayed, and it is not impossible. Like death, pain, illness and hunger, hell is an inconvenient truth. It exists whether you believe it or not.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:20 AM

271 posts, read 355,757 times
the two commandments are invaluable

Old 12-28-2010, 05:25 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
p.s. I also wanted to say that when I was little, I used to sing this song at Sunday School and then as I got older, the doctrine of ET robbed me of the joy and peace of the Lord Jesus who loves all the little children. But I am happy that I recovered that joy that comes with innocence that was taken from me by the enemy of our souls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6yzj...eature=related

Old 12-28-2010, 06:03 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was a day when I didn't want to beleive in death either, but facts are impossible to deny. Today I believe in God, death, heaven and hell. I have prayed, and it is not impossible. Like death, pain, illness and hunger, hell is an inconvenient truth. It exists whether you believe it or not.
Yes, hell does exist because there are those who do not know what love is. The whole point of .sparrow's post is that when we find the love of God... and this means each and everyone of us, then there will be no hell... as love will then reign supreme on this earth and as it does in the heavens. Blessings.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Yes, hell does exist because there are those who do not know what love is. The whole point of .sparrow's post is that when we find the love of God... and this means each and everyone of us, then there will be no hell... as love will then reign supreme on this earth and as it does in the heavens. Blessings.
Unfortunately hell has already been prepared, and our love will not make is disappear. There are people and angels who will end up there whether you want to believe it or not.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unfortunately hell has already been prepared, and our love will not make is disappear. There are people and angels who will end up there whether you want to believe it or not.
Hell is a place of correction. When all know love, hell will no longer exist because love does not know darkness. Whether you believe it or not, hell is only a temporary condition as all souls progress, not degress. Once a bill has been paid, the soul must move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity