Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:32 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
If you are a Believer of God's word, this is all that is needed! YES, that He is coming again....just like He said He would! And, whether you believe it, or not, doesn't make it any less true. Fact!! All of His predictions concerning His first coming came true, why shouldn't you believe in His second coming? Matthew 24:35: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away . . ."

So friends, today I ask you in the most humblest, sincere way I can come to you: "Should Jesus come today, tonight, is it well with your soul"? It's your responsibility to know your fate!!

Betsey
that's where you lost me, twisting the definition of "fact" to be "because I said so"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,926 times
Quote:
If you are a Believer of God's word, this is all that is needed! YES, that He is coming again....just like He said He would! And, whether you believe it, or not, doesn't make it any less true. Fact!! All of His predictions concerning His first coming came true, why shouldn't you believe in His second coming? Matthew 24:35: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away . . ."

So friends, today I ask you in the most humblest, sincere way I can come to you: "Should Jesus come today, tonight, is it well with your soul"? It's your responsibility to know your fate!!

Betsey
RESPONSE:

There are numerous promises in the synoptic gospels and one in Paul's Thesslonians saying that Jeus would return during the lifetime of those in his generation ("those standing here, etc).

But Jesus didn't.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Acts 2
[40] And with many other words did he [Peter] testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
[41] Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
That's right - save yourselves from this worldly self-centered mindset, and the ungodliness of the shallow threats of religion. That's the real message. That's what I'm promoting.

End timers are actually trying to save people from God.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I'm going with Betsey seems to be spreading a happy message and she seems to care,so therefore,I give her the smilies. I don't know when Jesus will return,matters not to me if it's tomorrow or 10,000 yrs from now.just looking on the bright side.
Amen!

Betsey knows that I know that she is not a bad person at all - quite the opposite. We do have some really conflicting understandings about reality.

Obviously she's a sweetheart but I can't help but try to set the record straight when I see these kinds of ideas being promoted - as they have been for thousands of years.

The real power of the gospel is the call to the joy of oneness with the Father, not the "turn or burn" gospel promoted by some fundamentalists end timers. I know most mean well though, most of the rank and file followers that is. The leaders getting rich off this stuff... not so much.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
I understand fb have to give you a smilie,too. and IA about the ones making money off this...it's a venture,for sure.
only thing I would add is,don't forget the 'get right or get left behind' scare tactics..the ones where you will have to get your head lopped off in order to be saved in the trib,and if you got the darned mark,then you're doomed anyway...ugh...

..there is no fear in Jesus.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I understand fb have to give you a smilie,too. and IA about the ones making money off this...it's a venture,for sure.
only thing I would add is,don't forget the 'get right or get left behind' scare tactics..the ones where you will have to get your head lopped off in order to be saved in the trib,and if you got the darned mark,then you're doomed anyway...ugh...

..there is no fear in Jesus.
Well said.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
We'll all find out soon enough won't we?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Yes indeed; one is either on their way to heaven or hell; there's no in between. And, the road to heaven is a narrow one.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes indeed; one is either on their way to heaven or hell; there's no in between. And, the road to heaven is a narrow one.
So if there is this big "danger" ahead, how come the early church wasn't warning people of hell? I can't find it ANYWHERE....

Peace,
brian

Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity