Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM

11 posts, read 32,958 times

Advertisements

Hello, I read some of these post and questions that have been raised, I would like to point out that in order to understand God's Word one must understand and study Gods Word in depth and correctly. In order to do that it must be studied by using the original text. this may sound difficult but it's not, one can use a strongs concordance and the king james version of the bible, Using these tools one can see the exact meaning of the original text not a interpretation, Jesus said himself the scriptures can not be privately interpretated. Anyway you are all missing the point that there was an earth age before this one not a different earth but "eon" or age. Jesus says: I Am, I was and I shall be. this is in reference to these three earth ages. In the book of 2 Peter 3:5 it states: "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the Word of God the heavens where of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water , perished (this is not Noahs Flood, the world did not perish): But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men. You can continue to read on for yourselves, But Peter is referring to the first earth age, This is when dinosaurs lived and yes man also but in this first earth age we where all in spiritual bodies(thus no bones remain of man only dinosaurs), Then Satan Deceived 1/3 of God's children and God Destroyed that earth age Genesis 1:2 In the hebrew the word is Katabo which I find amazing that scientist call that boundry the K2 Boundry >>>>"K2 BO" sounds the same. Anyway we are now in the second earth and Heaven age, The third age will come, It Starts on the Lord's Day a 1000 year reign when we will all be returned to our spiritual bodies and given a chance at learning the truth. After the 1000 year reign the books are opened and all mankind is judged, those who are evil and refuse to obey God will be destroyed in the lake of fire and perish forever without any memory of ever existing. Then all who remain will dwell in Peace with God our Father for All eternity. If this sounds strange to you then you are probally not correctly taught God's Word. The time is nearing to the end of this age. If you don't want to be deceived by Satan when he Comes as the Anti Christ or The Fake Christ pretending to be Jesus. Then you need to study to show yourself approved. I only know of one Pastor who teaches the Word of God Line by Line Verse by verse and goes through the entire Bible old and new testaments in perfect harmony and truth. If your interested in studying with him he is online his webpage is shepherdschapel.com I hope this helps some of you out and points you in the right direction and remember Man killed Christ for bringing the truth so don't expect the world to except what I just wrote as truth or your pastor according to what Jesus says The whole world is deceived by Satan. You don't have to be. God has written all things for us to know His Plan and prepare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH4YOU View Post
..... In order to do that it must be studied by using the original text. this may sound difficult but it's not, one can use a strongs concordance and the king james version of the bible, Using these tools one can see the exact meaning of the original text not a interpretation, .....
The entire KJV must, by your own definition, be an interpretation, since it is a translation into English ordered by King James I for the Church of England. It was authorized in 1604 and published in 1611. There was no such thing as English 2011 years ago. What is known as modern English is less than 1000 years old.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 AM

In the 1611 version (which you can get a copy of) is a translation from the original text into English, However, in the first print there is a message from the Translators to the Reader although difficult to read early english it states that apon translating the Scriptures into english from their original text Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. That difficulty would arise in choosing single words in English to correctly explain the original texts and caution and further study are needed for exact meaning's. The Message was only in the first edition and removed by the Church to prevent people from questioning their traditions. That is why one needs to use the Strong's Concordance, It allows the reader to look back at any word in the Bible in English back to it's original Hebrew or Greek word ,thus allowing the reader to get the full meaning. The Strong's Concordance can only be used with the King James Version not other versions which continue to muddy the original meanings by rephrasing sentences and adding or deleting words to reflect traditions of men. Satan himself used the Scriptures to try to trick Jesus by qouting Scriptures but distorting a few words and thus changing the meaning from what God said to what he believed them to mean or traditions. Christ of course who is the Word made Flesh was wise enough to see that satan was trying to deceive him. We as Christians must be wiser then the deception Satan has brought apon the world, the only way to do that is to correctly study and understand God's Word.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 AM

I can tell by your comment that the Bible advocates torture and human sacrifice is due to lack of understanding. The Bible is more then what you say, it is divinely inspired by the Creator God and you obviously lack correct teaching which was my whole point of this thread. That if the Bible is not correctly studied in 100% context then people will privately translate it to mean what ever they want, which is exactly what you did, probally because you been lied to, not on pupose but because people are willingly ignorant of what the Bible teaches.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
I must say that since I began my deep studies using the KJV and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, I've learned SO much more than I thought I knew before.

That does not mean there may not be translation problems with both the KJV and Strong's, but the uniformity of God's message to mankind, from Genesis to Revelations, is so clear that minor difficulties are overcome.

What I find most astonishing and enlightening is how the use of specific Hebrew or Greek words reveals the indentical same message from generation to generation so many times. I'd missed the interconnectedness of the OT and NT in so many instances before simply because I wasn't looking at Scripture in it's original languages.

It seems to me that if the Bible is God's revelation to mankind, that means He had it written in those particular languages for a reason and we're shorting ourselves if we don't try to understand it in those languages.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 AM

Yes, that's very correct I can't believe how perfect the Scriptures become when studied not just read. Many times people whould tell me that there is a difference between the Old and New Testaments but you are correct in stating that they are in Harmony. The fact the Bible was written over such a long period of time by so many different Prophets is truth that it wasn't written by primative man. No primative man can write a Book that spans time and geographical location and conclude with a book that is complete and in perfect harmony from the beginning Genesis to the end Revelations. That is why there is only one book like the Bible, it is God's one truth for mankind.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
For many years, I taught out of KJV; then for purposes of greater clarity among semi-literate people, transitioned to the NKJV and NIV "translations" (much to the chagrin of some of the KJV only folks). Actually, some of the later "translations" have distinguished between margin notes and main text -- and are considered by some scholars to be more reliable than earlier "translations." ... (Even though many seem to believe that Jesus used the KJV or spoke in Elizabethan English).

It's important to distinguish between "translations" and "interpretations." The latter (eg; Living Bible paraphrase 'interpretation' - and/or commentaries ... or scholarly teachings) -- do NOT stand on level ground with 'Bible translations.' The Bible clearly reveals that all 'scripture' is inspired by God, (not all 'interpretations'); ...and that no prophecy of 'scripture' is of any private "interpretation."

More importantly, beyond 'translations' and 'interpretations' (verbal devices of the 'natural man'), only born-again believers have the Holy Spirit (aka: 'mind of God') ... "which enables them to understand the things of God" (2 Cor 2:14-18). Non-believers, even scholars proficient in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic or original scripture languages, are less able to grasp the deeper truths of God's inspired Word ... than single-language neophytes ... with the Holy Spirit.

I'm not for one minute knocking in-depth study (to show one's self approved of God) ... or ancient language skills. But, true understanding of God's inspired Word comes by the Holy Spirit who leads us in Godly wisdom; not from human effort or wisdom. As we 'grow Spiritually' and mature in the Spirit, we are better able to understand God's Word. (Consider the difference in your own understanding from when you were a 'newborn believer' ... and later ... Did that really come by a greater understanding of ancient Hebrew? -- Also, as repeatedly emphasized in scripture, the Pharisees and Saducees were schooled far beyond the 'regular people' who actually understood and followed Christ).

I like what J. Vernon McGee who taught "Through the Bible" throughout his lifetime, said: "God has not overly complicated His ways and Word. He puts the cookies on the bottom shelf, so the 'kids' can reach them"

Last edited by jghorton; 02-24-2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Another thing you need to interpret the Word of God is the Baptize of Holy Spirit . so make sure you pray to Jesus Spirit to teach you into the Word or correct truth....... In John 14: 23-26......`` Jesus said ``If any man love me , he will keep my Words and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him and make our abode with him ...... He that loves me not keeps not my saying, and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father which sent me.... ... these things have I spoken to you being yet present with you......... but the Comforter which is Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name , HE will teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, what so ever I have said to you...``

Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Jesus said ``If any man love me , he will keep my Words
Christ Words Are the Scriptures For He was The Word of God made flesh. As long as a man or women use the scriptures to find God's true message then the Holy Spirit will open there eyes to understanding what the scriptures mean and keep them true to there specific meanings not some spritual trip that anybody can claim is of God and just drive sincere God loving people away from His Words. That is why it is important to study to show thyself approved, it is the only way, the path is narrow to the Kingdom of God but God is merciful and understanding, if a person has been taught lies from the pulpit during his or her life here on earth, then God knows that, although they will be deceived by Satan when he comes claiming to be the True Christ and Rapture deceived people right into his lies, not Heaven. Then the 1000 year reign will begin and every knee will bow and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.
Like I said in my first thread what the Scriptures teach and what you hear from some pulpits is nothing but pure ignorance because they trust in a man to teach them instead of God's Word. The time is nearing quickly like a pregnant women having contractions faster and closer together so is the prophecy of God's Word coming to pass. If you don't understand God's Word it will harm only you, and again, I know of only one person who teaches correctly word by word line by line book by book. shepherdschapel.com. Many people who think they are on the right path are deceived, listen to Christ Words written in the book of Luke. That during the millenium many will come to Christ and say: Luke13:25 " When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and you begin to stand without, and to knock at the door , saying, Lord, Lord, open to us; and He shall answer unto you, I know you not whence ye are; then shall ye begin to say, we have eaten and drunk in Thy presence, and Thou hast taught in our streets. But He shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from Me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and ye yourselves thrust out.
FYI

Last edited by TRUTH4YOU; 02-26-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity