Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,843,725 times

Advertisements

What biblical figure do you emulate? I am sometimes John the baptist, and sometime Paul and even sometimes Satan. How honest are you at judging yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,631 times
I'm very hard on myself, but I know the goodness of God is going to elevate all mankind to greatness no matter how bad we have been at times. What we should refuse to do is be beaten down by guilt over the reality that we are not perfect and continue doing the best we can. No matter who we are, or what we have done Gods love for us never changes, Gods love for us also has a purpose, to make us greater, however long it takes. He never gives up on us.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,860,659 times
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Peter -- and seen several similarities in my own life. The only time Peter didn't have his foot in his mouth ... is when he had BOTH feet in his mouth! Peter's repeated efforts to 'do the right thing' in his own power, instead of God's power, is also readily evident. Peter didn't learn to get himself out of the way until after the Lord's crucifixion and resurrection.

I believe that even Peter's 3-time denial of the Lord ... was an effort to do everything 'he' could possibly do to keep his eyes only on the Lord and not be distracted by anything else (He probably remembered his 'water-walking' experiene).

The Lord understood Peter's nature ... from the time He called Peter to be the 'rock upon which He would build His church' .... to the time when he told Peter than he would deny Him 3-times. Later, following His resurrection, the first person the Lord mentioned was Peter ("go tell Peter"). What a wonderful encouragement to all of us who sometimes struggle to 'get ourselves out of the way.'

Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,199,729 times
Paul - dying to self has been the groundwork of my training and study since very early in my Christian walk.

But I've been told I have the spirit of David. I've written poetry and a few songs, and was known to "mix it up" before coming to the Lord.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM

9,696 posts, read 10,045,032 times
Sometimes I admire Jonah , and just make a run for it .......... but Jesus Spirit gives me rest and says `You `ll be fine `...........

Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM

9 posts, read 9,129 times
I kind of feel like John the Baptist with the Book of Revelation thrown in.. but I think I act, think and feel like the apostle John except when I find myself "in the grip of a foul spirit" and rather crabby. I shudder to think who that's most like!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,843,725 times
Thank you all for your self evaluations I beleive such evaluations can be very useful in our walks towards perfection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity