Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 11:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4YAHWEH View Post
Hardly a great comparison, since there is nothing wrong with drinking warm milk without chocolate.
Never said, there was anything wrong with drinking warm milk ... or reading the Scriptures for that matter?

"Knowledge without understanding, does not equate to wisdom."

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-31-2013 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Fortune Cookie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 11:38 AM

670 posts, read 816,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
... and lean not to my own 'feelings' and understanding!
So did god make you to be a puppet?

I believe that if we search our feelings god will reveal to us what is right and what is wrong.
"Therefore test every thing, hold onto the good, and stay away from all kinds of evil."

Old 08-31-2013, 12:42 PM

124 posts, read 166,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Never said, there was anything wrong with drinking warm milk ... or reading the Scriptures for that matter?

"Knowledge without understanding, does not equate to wisdom."
I know you never said there was something wrong with drinking warm milk and I never said there was something wrong with reading Scripture. What I was pointing out is that "Reading the Scriptures without the Spirit." can hardly be compared to dinking warm milk without chocolate, since there is nothing wrong with drinking warm milk without chocolate, but there is something wrong with "Reading the Scriptures without the Spirit." Do you get it now?

Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times
2 all, GINOLJC,

I'm new to this site.
great topic, I say yes, there are several places that our Lord say that he is God and all the apostles say the same thing.

#1. Jesus himself. new testament, John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am". old testament, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". here the Lord Jesus is speaking before his arrival in flesh and blood. and when he arrives, he says the same quote. John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". and Revelation 1:18 " I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death".

#2. the apostle Paul, Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". for there is only one Saviour, and that's God, supportive scripture. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". Isaiah 60:16 "Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob". and Jesus the Christ is the Redeemer.

#3. the apostle Peter, 2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". here the apostle identifies Jesus the Christ as God and Saviour.

#4. Jude, Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". Jesus is the only wise God, who is the only Saviour.

#5, Bro. Stephen, Acts 7:59 "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

#6. Bro. Ananias, Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel". it was the Lord Jesus who meet Saul, and now Paul on the road to Damascus, right. now let hear the apostle Paul account of the same event later when he is comforting the angry Jews in Jerusalem. Acts 22:11 "And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth". wait a minute, I thought in Acts 9 it was Jesus who chose Paul?.

#7 Bro. John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the question is, who sent his angel to give to his servants. the answer Jesus the Christ, right, well lets see?. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done". sound like the same quote from Revelation 1:1. for Jesus Christ is clearly identified as the one who sent his angel. and he is clearly identified as "the Lord God", and he is further identified as the God of the holy prophets. this is confirmed by the apostle Peter, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow". so Christ as Spirit was in the Holy Prophets.

be blessed.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,942,152 times
Why should something written by people who were not eye witness and heard stories up to a century after the fact be believed?

Especially since the Romans, who were excellent record keepers, had no written stories that even began to match the gospels.

Then of course there are all the rewrites.... Starting with the Arian controversy.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,993,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
2 all, GINOLJC,
I'm new to this site.
great topic, I say yes, there are several places that our Lord say that he is God and all the apostles say the same thing.
#1. Jesus himself. new testament, John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am". old testament, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". here the Lord Jesus is speaking before his arrival in flesh and blood. and when he arrives, he says the same quote. John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". and Revelation 1:18 " I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death".
#2. the apostle Paul, Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". for there is only one Saviour, and that's God, supportive scripture. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". Isaiah 60:16 "Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob". and Jesus the Christ is the Redeemer.
#3. the apostle Peter, 2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". here the apostle identifies Jesus the Christ as God and Saviour.
#4. Jude, Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". Jesus is the only wise God, who is the only Saviour.
#5, Bro. Stephen, Acts 7:59 "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
#6. Bro. Ananias, Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel". it was the Lord Jesus who meet Saul, and now Paul on the road to Damascus, right. now let hear the apostle Paul account of the same event later when he is comforting the angry Jews in Jerusalem. Acts 22:11 "And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth". wait a minute, I thought in Acts 9 it was Jesus who chose Paul?.
#7 Bro. John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". the question is, who sent his angel to give to his servants. the answer Jesus the Christ, right, well lets see?. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done". sound like the same quote from Revelation 1:1. for Jesus Christ is clearly identified as the one who sent his angel. and he is clearly identified as "the Lord God", and he is further identified as the God of the holy prophets. this is confirmed by the apostle Peter, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow". so Christ as Spirit was in the Holy Prophets.
be blessed.
Doesn't the conjunction ' and ' bridge between one person and another ?_____ God ' and ' Jesus

Who are the two [ 2 ] LORD/Lord's of Psalm 110 v 1 in the KJV Bible ?_______

The Tetragrammaton [ YHWH ] only applies to the LORD in all upper-case letters.
Whereas, the Lord, Not in all capital letters, refers to Jesus as Lord, but not LORD [YHWH ]

Who did Jesus say was greater then Jesus at John 14 v 28 ?_______

Who did Jesus declare he was at John 10 v 29 B ?________

Who does the resurrected ascended to heaven Jesus still think he is at Revelation 2 v 18 ?______

Who does Jesus think is still over him at Revelation 3 v 12 ?______

How many thrones are needed at Revelation 3 v 21 ?_____

Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 PM

2 Matthew 4:4 ,
Doesn't the conjunction ' and ' bridge between one person and another ?_____ God ' and ' Jesus
bridge yes, but its the same person, not two.

Who are the two [ 2 ] LORD/Lord's of Psalm 110 v 1 in the KJV Bible ?_______
the Same one Person, just "Lord" is the Spirit "diversified", meaning in flesh and bone GLORIFIED, which is to come.

The Tetragrammaton [ YHWH ] only applies to the LORD in all upper-case letters.
Whereas, the Lord, Not in all capital letters, refers to Jesus as Lord, but not LORD [YHWH ]
first off, the Tetragrammaton [ YHWH ], is not the eternal Spirit proper, or personal name. second, Lord is the "diversified" spirit of God in flesh. who is God.

Who did Jesus say was greater then Jesus at John 14 v 28 ?_______
Greater, meaning in quantity, or quality?. answer quantity

Who did Jesus declare he was at John 10 v 29 B ?________
God, in "diversity"

Who does the resurrected ascended to heaven Jesus still think he is at Revelation 2 v 18 ?______
the "diversity" of God Glorified.

Who does Jesus think is still over him at Revelation 3 v 12 ?______
NO ONE, read the latter part.

How many thrones are needed at Revelation 3 v 21 ?_____
ONLY ONE. for all sit "in" him.

thanks for the quiz,

mind if I ask you just one?.

in Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".
according to you, who sent his angel to his servants about the things that must come about shortly?. was it
A. God, or
B. Jesus the Christ
your answer ________

be blessed

Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,993,249 times
Revelation 1 v 1 says that God gave to him meaning: God gave to Jesus......

My throne ' and ' his throne at Rev. 3 v 21 shows two [ 2 ] thrones.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 PM

who sent the angel?.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 PM

2 Matthew 4:4,
My throne ' and ' his throne at Rev. 3 v 21 shows two [ 2 ] thrones.
this is incorrect, my and his are Possessive Pronouns, signifying one and the SAME PERSON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity