Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times

Advertisements

What is the purpose of Christ's reign? What is the ultimate goal of his place in the history of humankind ... ?

Is it to unite the people?

What People ... ? The Israelites(only)?

And if so, then who are the Israelites?

Are they the people of the covenant? ... Which covenant?

Are they only those who are now believing?

Then why is it written that God is the savior of all people, not only of those that believe, but "even more so/most of all"(Chiefly/Especially) the savior of those that believe ... ?

There has been, since the dawn of man, a quintessential goal and purpose for the greatest of humans. Whether this motivation derives solely from the thought of personal gain ... or the true desire for a common and general good to and for all ... This goal is the idea and purpose to unite all of humanity globally together as one earth, one world ...

Even the scriptures do declare the solemn and perfect purpose of God in his great glory, to manifest in his perfect grace, peace and unity in Christ, as all things are prophesied to be made one together in him.

This was the desire of Alexander the great, to unite the world(even as it was then known), together under one empire and one king.

It was and is the desire of every man who would be king ... The great gathering together of all into one, which is certainly necessary for humanity to survive and transcend our mortal predicament, that being the fact that we are utterly landlocked on earth itself, seeking a way to eventually escape our terrestrial prison.

In fact the desire to unite the world as one is so innate in our human being that it has always been and still is today the penultimate end for all people of power since the dawn of human history.

The question i purpose is, do you believe that Christ himself will accomplish anything less that the complete and absolute unification of all things together within and under himself as the scriptures do clearly maintain and in fact prophesy?

If anyone or anything in the end is left outside of the holy unity of all things together in him(Christ), then he will have failed to accomplish the very purpose for which he was sent into the world ... The purpose of all true power which God has decreed from the beginning of time, which was and still is today "the restitution of all things" to God, and the perfect manifestation of God as "the savior of all people".

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-08-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
What is the purpose of Christ's reign? What is the ultimate goal of his place in the history of humankind ... ?

Is it to unite the people?

What People ... ? The Israelites(only)?

And if so, then who are the Israelites?

Are they the people of the covenant? ... Which covenant?

Are they only those who are now believing?

Then why is it written that God is the savior of all people, not only of those that believe, but "even more so/most of all"(Chiefly/Especially) the savior of those that believe ... ?

There has been, since the dawn of man, a quintessential goal and purpose for the greatest of humans. Whether this motivation derives solely from the thought of personal gain ... or the true desire for a common and general good to and for all ... This goal is the idea and purpose to unite all of humanity globally together as one earth, one world ...

Even the scriptures do declare the solemn and perfect purpose of God in his great glory, to manifest in his perfect grace, peace and unity in Christ, as all things are prophesied to be made one together in him.

This was the desire of Alexander the great, to unite the world(even as it was then known), together under one empire and one king.

It was and is the desire of every man who would be king ... The great gathering together of all into one, which is certainly necessary for humanity to survive and transcend our mortal predicament, that being the fact that we are utterly landlocked on earth itself, seeking a way to eventually escape our terrestrial prison.

In fact the desire to unite the world as one is so innate in our human being that it has has always been and still is today the penultimate end for all people of power since the dawn of human history.

The question i purpose is, do you believe that Christ himself will accomplish anything less that the complete and absolute unification of all things together within and under himself as the scriptures do clearly maintain and in fact prophesy?

If anyone or anything in the end is left outside of the holy unity of all things together in him(Christ), then he will have failed to accomplish the very purpose for which he was sent into the world ... The purpose of all true power which God has decreed from the beginning of time, which was and still is today "the restitution of all things" to God, and the perfect manifestation of God as "the savior of all people".

And i wanted to add that the scriptures do prophesy of a world leader that Christianity today teaches will be "the Antichrist" who will murder all those who are alive in that time who do not worship him.

Yet many do Christians do declare that Christ himself will either do the same or infinitely worse to those who do not worship him before they die as well.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times
I'm sorry, I'll have to address this tomorrow with fresh eyes......it's all over my tired little head right now.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And i wanted to add that the scriptures do prophesy of a world leader that Christianity today teaches will be "the Antichrist" who will murder all those who are alive in that time who do not worship him.

Yet many do Christians do declare that Christ himself will either do the same or infinitely worse to those who do not worship him before they die as well.
So the anti Christ spirit can be recognized by the belief of his followers ?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,157,245 times
Are you desiring to learn, or debate? Just curious.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,543,047 times
I'm about to leave for the day and just have time for this one comment:

I'd argue whether or not human's seeking to unify the earth and all it's people were, or are, motived by a desire to bring peace and prosperity for everyone. It seems to me that their desires ran more along the lines of power and profit than some altruistic motive.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I put forth the same question to you ... ?

Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'm about to leave for the day and just have time for this one comment:

I'd argue whether or not human's seeking to unify the earth and all it's people were, or are, motived by a desire to bring peace and prosperity for everyone. It seems to me that their desires ran more along the lines of power and profit than some altruistic motive.
I wrote ...

Quote:
Whether this motivation derives solely from the thought of personal gain ... or the true desire for a common and general good to and for all ... This goal is the idea and purpose to unite all of humanity globally together as one earth, one world ...
The point is since the tower of babel, it has been the goal of all the greatest men who would be king to unite the world as they knew it under one empire(Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece, Rome), and Christ by the declaration of the prophets has the same agenda as well.

Only the world as Christ knows it is not only a certain part of the people of earth, but the world Christ knows is the entire universe and everything in heaven and in earth and below the earth and in the sea and under the sea.

Every person, from every family of every nation, that has ever lived. And all powers and principalities in heaven as well ...

Old 03-08-2011, 02:19 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,726,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
RESPONSE:

Does one exclude the other?

Old 03-08-2011, 03:37 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,157,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Does one exclude the other?
RESPONSE:

If one is desiring to learn, they put forth questions pertaining to that which they do not know.

If one is desiring to debate, they string the questions together in order to 'create' the desired response, in order to refute the answers given.

There has been enough debate on this forum for a spell, so if it is debate that is sought, I shall keep my mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity