Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM

4,212 posts, read 5,852,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oh dear Robin, there is no such thing. Yes, the Bible mentions Nephilim in the OT, but they were man/angel hybrids and they were HUGE!! It was easy to spot the Nephilim back then, such a thing does not exist today. I don't know any giants.
They were not all giants many were very animal like while many looked normal and they have slowly bread out the obvious mutations. Goliath and his four brothers, the occupants of Canaan. The myths of many nations. They are here, today, amongst us pretending to be us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,156,069 times
Back on topic...

Hi Ilene, I picked up the book Thursday at lunch from my local Chapters bookstore (here in Canada). I believe they moved up the release date because of the controversy. Read the first couple chapters so far it is pretty good. Lots to ponder if you are willing to let yourself think...

Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Back on topic...

Hi Ilene, I picked up the book Thursday at lunch from my local Chapters bookstore (here in Canada). I believe they moved up the release date because of the controversy. Read the first couple chapters so far it is pretty good. Lots to ponder if you are willing to let yourself think...
Oh okay that's great that means I can get it now!! Thanks for letting me know Legoman.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
If God's word(Jesus Christ) does not accomplish that which it is sent out for to seek and save the lost(hands up who was never lost), then love lost.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,698,690 times
please post what you think of it,all who read it,ok? thanks,am anxious to hear if it's worth reading and what it's all about.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 AM

14,928 posts, read 17,288,066 times
Thank you for sharing the videos. God bless.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 PM

64,098 posts, read 40,400,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
They were not all giants many were very animal like while many looked normal and they have slowly bread out the obvious mutations. Goliath and his four brothers, the occupants of Canaan. The myths of many nations. They are here, today, amongst us pretending to be us.
You truly have some scary and troubling beliefs, Robin.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,919,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think this book might be very compelling for UR's and others as well to try and understand the questions we've all had and that we might be grappling with, whether we admit to it or not. I don't know much about the author but I'm very excited to be able to visit his Mars Hill church sometime and see what it's all about. It's only about an hour and a half from where I live.

There is controversy attached to him, of course but what I've heard so far I like. The book is being released on March 29th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODUvw2McL8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKkv...feature=fvwrel
I believe it was released the 15th. I know a friend of mine got a copy last week. We discussed it here too.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...love-wins.html

Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM

4,212 posts, read 5,852,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You truly have some scary and troubling beliefs, Robin.
You really have alot of room to talk, at least I am not afraid of the word of Christ which you refuse to address.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 PM

64,098 posts, read 40,400,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You really have alot of room to talk, at least I am not afraid of the word of Christ which you refuse to address.
I ONLY address the Living Word of God Jesus the Christ, Robin . . . and His commands to "love God and each other." Everything else you believe is vanity and pride in the "precepts and doctrines of men" corrupted by belief in the ancient ignorance about the nature of our loving God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity