Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:45 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I ONLY address the Living Word of God Jesus the Christ, Robin . . . and His commands to "love God and each other." Everything else you believe is vanity and pride in the "precepts and doctrines of men" corrupted by belief in the ancient ignorance about the nature of our loving God.
Ok Ok you keep relying on your excuses if that makes you feel superior. Knowledge - Wisdom = Foolishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,630,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I believe it was released the 15th. I know a friend of mine got a copy last week. We discussed it here too.

Rob Bell - Love Wins
Sorry I missed that discussion, must've been a short one! I still haven't had a chance to pick up the book yet but maybe I can this weekend. Thanks for letting me know it came out on the 15th. I'll resurrect the thread once I've read it, SC122.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,894,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Sorry I missed that discussion, must've been a short one! I still haven't had a chance to pick up the book yet but maybe I can this weekend. Thanks for letting me know it came out on the 15th. I'll resurrect the thread once I've read it, SC122.
It really wasn't a short discussion....but it's been reduced to one now. Have a great day, Ilene.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,692,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
thank you

Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
I just downloaded the book on my kindle..
I love book discussions..anyone interested?
At one time we had a couple of great book discussions.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:31 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,136,399 times
I'm game... I'm just reading through, I'm about half done.

The first couple chapters are great - asks a lot of questions that everyone should ask themselves if they are being honest.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM

7 posts, read 6,206 times
I loved this book. It was my introduction to this whole idea... I read the entire thing in one sitting. Will be glad to discuss it here when those of you still reading are done.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viirin View Post
I loved this book. It was my introduction to this whole idea... I read the entire thing in one sitting. Will be glad to discuss it here when those of you still reading are done.
I will start a thread to see if enough are interested in discussing this book and if enough are interested, we will, together, decide the format and start date and a couple of rules

Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,136,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viirin View Post
Hi viirin! Glad to have you here, if you liked Love Wins, you should read this book. It gets into more details and may answer some of your questions:

Hope Beyond Hell

Its free in pdf format.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;18450478]
Quote:

Sorry but you're really confusing me today Robin. Rob Bell does not have lies, what is your basis for saying that? I hear you but I sure don't understand what you're saying. You're saying ALL will be saved but some of us are animals?

I get really tired of hearing that just because someone believes that our loving God is not going to burn people forever that they're "of the devil". It's a good thing we aren't living in the dark ages because anyone who doesn't believe like fundamentalist ETer's would have been burned at the stake, including myself.
Ilene,

I have heard this in the posts from other posters on the forum --- seems to be part of the covenant theory. The "all" are those that are in "the covenant" and are born of the spirit, the rest do not have a spirit and so are "beasts"

I think that what was said to a specific people, the Jews, is taken out of context and applied across the board to all mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity