Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 03:46 AM

Location: bible center, Islampur, MSD, W.B. India, pin code-742304
65 posts, read 65,597 times

Advertisements

Samsul was the Maoist action squad leader in Bangladesh. He came to me and asked for shelter one evening. Then I had just come to Islampur town to preach among Muslims. But I was shocked when he confessed to me that he has murdered many by his own hand. Now as an illegal immigrant he is running for his life. No one has dared to give him shelter. But one catholic pastor has suggested my name. As I hesitated to shelter him he entreated in Christ ‘s name. That settled it, as I knew that I have to be ever ready for death to preach Christ among Muslims. So he hid in my single dilapidated room and ate simplest boiled food cooked by me. He helped in dispensing medicines in my charitable center too. Later he told his story.
He was a graduate unemployed youth. In his frustration he enrolled in a Maoist party. He became leader of his town group and obeyed the killing orders from the high command. But he shot dead a Christian recently and found that he is a common toiling man, no class enemy. He began to understand that his leaders have become mercenary killers. Next morning as he was sadly pondering in the party office, a Christian preacher entered and tried to preach. Irate Samsul struck him in the face. The preacher fled and bible flew out of his hand.
But sorry Samsul picked the bible and began to read. As if it spoke to him and he became engrossed. When he had finished it he was a changed man, hating his party ideology.
Then another murder command was handed to him. But he didn’t obey. The party then ordered his liquidation as rule for disobedient ones. But one friend informed him of it. He must flee immediately out of Bangladesh where party’s long hand can reach him anywhere. So he fled and entered India through the porous border. Incidentally my Islampur is near the border and party can reach him here too as Maoists are even here. But I must take every risk for Christ’s sake.
He was not bad but ease loving. He could not take my austere meals and life for long. So he took shelter in a communist party member’s house and tutored his children. But he maintained his faith in Christ and preached it.
Latter his relatives made peace with the Maoists by paying money and he returned home. From there he sent a letter. Now I don’t have any news of him. But I know that Christ can keep him.

Last edited by stephen santanu goswami; 04-13-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity