Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Your declarations above ^^^^^ are the same as Jehovah's Witnesses. They also have "the Truth." They also have the "right Bible" and the "correct interpretation." They will tell you that THEY are the True Followers of One God Jehovah. So why don't you believe them??

Every group tells me that I must believe like they do, otherwise God will not be happy with me. Catholics, Orthodox, Evangelicals, Baptists, Methodists, LDS..... they all tell me that only they have the truth, that they have the "key" to what I must do to be accepted by God. All of them say that they have the correct interpretations, the correct doctrine, they say they are the only true followers, etc.

How is that, Verna? Any idea? What makes you any different? Why should I believe you and not them?

Blessings Verna,
brian
I would love to tell you to test the Spirit in which I speak Brian...but because of your unbelief, I cannot even send you to do this......very very sad, indeed. As much as you wish you did...you do not know Him, because you transgress His law...His commandments...willfully...because you have been warned and you rebel against His truth and choose not to abide in it. I love you and I wish beyond all things that this were not so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I would love to tell you to test the Spirit in which I speak Brian...but because of your unbelief, I cannot even send you to do this......very very sad, indeed. As much as you wish you did...you do not know Him, because you transgress His law...His commandments...willfully...because you have been warned and you rebel against His truth and choose not to abide in it. I love you and I wish beyond all things that this were not so.
That's basically the same line I get from JWs too. I reject them, so I reject God, according to them.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
That's basically the same line I get from JWs too. I reject them, so I reject God, according to them.

Blessings,
brian
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” 1 John 2:4.

...your choice.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Matthew 10:14
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.

Mark 6:11
"Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."

Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 AM

130 posts, read 164,469 times
Well if God can reach Manasseh and Nebucannezer he can reach brian, I know God all things are possible, I will say a prayer

I pray Lord you would reach brian and many others here with the whole Truth of your Word, by the Power of Your Spirit, That Father you would reach them here and we could unit in Truth and make a cord that is strong to fight together in the Spirit and Truth, may you send angels to brian, may You do according to Your will what it takes to reach him and others, I pray for their repentance and true holy faith in You and the power of your Spirit to indwell them so they can obey you their whole life perfectlyAmen

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
Well if God can reach Manasseh and Nebucannezer he can reach brian, I know God all things are possible, I will say a prayer

I pray Lord you would reach brian and many others here with the whole Truth of your Word, by the Power of Your Spirit, That Father you would reach them here and we could unit in Truth and make a cord that is strong to fight together in the Spirit and Truth, may you send angels to brian, may You do according to Your will what it takes to reach him and others, I pray for their repentance and true holy faith in You and the power of your Spirit to indwell them so they can obey you their whole life perfectlyAmen
Amen !

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” 1 John 2:4.

...your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Matthew 10:14
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.

Mark 6:11
"Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."
These are also quoted by JWs. And Catholics. And evangelicals.

In fact, practically ALL denominations use these verses to their advantage, like you did here.
So what does it prove??

Blessings to you both,
brian

Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post

Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity