Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,796 times

Advertisements

??????beleive that alot of the truth and knoledge is missing from the bible,i mean it could be like a big jigsa puzzle,but if you'v only got a few of the pieces its kinda hard to tell what the picture is meant to be,anyway just curious do you think that their was more lost to Jesus than recovered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
??????beleive that alot of the truth and knoledge is missing from the bible,i mean it could be like a big jigsa puzzle,but if you'v only got a few of the pieces its kinda hard to tell what the picture is meant to be,anyway just curious do you think that their was more lost to Jesus than recovered.
It is all in there dobeable...the Bible lacks nothing in truth...it is the very heart of God...it is God breathed...inspired by the Holy Spirit...and everything you ever need to know concerning your salvation can be found in there. You only need to study it with all of your heart..mind...and strength.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:13 PM

85 posts, read 122,010 times
Quote:
As pointed out on another thread that the truth is in everybody's heart.
So if you take the words of the bible for what they are it does not matter.
Something cannot be written about and left out at the same time.
If the characteristics of your Jesus does not jive with the love in your heart.Then it is something else you are responding to.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:15 PM

85 posts, read 122,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
It is all in there dobeable...the Bible lacks nothing in truth...it is the very heart of God...it is God breathed...inspired by the Holy Spirit...and everything you ever need to know concerning your salvation can be found in there. You only need to study it with all of your heart..mind...and strength.
They are both in there though.
Love and Evol. :sma ck:

Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Everything we need is there.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Winslow View Post
As pointed out on another thread that the truth is in everybody's heart.
So if you take the words of the bible for what they are it does not matter.
Something cannot be written about and left out at the same time.
If the characteristics of your Jesus does not jive with the love in your heart.Then it is something else you are responding to.

ive nothing wrong with Jesus charachter,the mans a legend,son of god yeah,same spirit but not god Himself either,,,i just feel that if i were to read the bible ant take out all the info on jesus,thenid have a really small book,i mean a whole 17 years a re missing.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Hey Lee

I do not believe the bible is THE truth, Jesus Christ said HE was THE truth

I believe the scriptures testify of, "Jesus Christ IS" who IS THE truth

When Jesus said I AM THE truth, he was saying I AM the reality of who God really IS. If you have seen me you have seen the Father(God).John 6:44

Fundamental christianity wants us to believe in their literal concept of the Old Testamennt, but the revelation of God that came from the Old Testament scripture wants us to to take heed to who Jesus Christ IS.

The Fundy doesn't see anything but death and destruction in the Old Testament, those who have eyes to see,see God's plan for man in God, reconciling all things to himself.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Well, Mormons definitely do. We believe the Bible to be the word of God, but we don't believe it is a complete record of God's dealings with mankind. After all, even the Bible says that if everything Jesus had done had been recorded, it would more than fill all of the books in the world. That pretty much says it all. Besides that, there are quite a number of books which the Bible references by name, books which at one time were obviously considered worth reading. And yet they're not in our Bibles today. In many of the instances, it's not because someone decided that they were uninspired; they're simply nowhere to be found. Lastly, the events described in the Bible took place in one relatively small part of the world. Why would God have simply ignored people living somewhere other than the Holy Land? Why wouldn't He have spoken to people in other parts of the world, too. The fact that we don't have their writings doesn't mean that they didn't exist at some time in the past.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Everything we need is there.
Amen.... and that is what so wonderful to know that when we may have questions or even our desires, well like you said, ILNC, "everything we need is there," yes, it is there for our life in this journey home to our Father.
It is all written to protect, inspire, encourage, teach, whatever our need may be is written within the pages of God's inspired holy word for all to seek and most of all what He so desires for us to do..... amen !!
And it is so awesome that the Holy Spirit is so ready to lead us along.....

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
One thing I've always found interesting is that when you look at the length of time some of the Old Testament prophets were said to have lived, that we have what could be described as a relatively "miniscule" account of their teachings. I mean, if they lived for hundreds of years, surely they had more to say than can fit on ten pages in our Bibles! So, that seems kind of strange to me. Also, when you stop to consider that Jesus Christ's actual ministry was about three years long, and all we have of what He said and did are the four rather brief gospels, it really makes you wonder what else He had to say. It's hard for me to imagine that in three years He didn't say a great many more things that just weren't ever written down. Surely He didn't spend 18 hours a day in idle chit-chat, or even repeating the same things over and over again. I would think that almost every word that came out of His mouth would have been critically important, not just a few recorded conversations here and there, a sermon or two and a couple of prayers. Of course, not everyone that heard Him speak could write, and it was not until after He was gone that people began to realize who it really was who had walked among them. It's certainly not surprising that they'd not have been able to recall everything He'd said over a three year period. I would imagine that if He were to come again tomorrow, and to spend three years in a Christian nation teaching, we'd be hanging on every word. And I'm almost positive He'd have a few things to tell us that never found their way into the Bible. What's amazing to me is that most Christians find this to be so blasphemous -- particularly when the Bible doesn't even claim to be complete! It claims to be "given by inspiration of God... profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, [and] for instruction in righteousness," but it doesn't even claim to be complete. How could it? It's a collection of writings by many different people, all inspired, but none of them writing a complete book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity