Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:34 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,953,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
He did not go to sacrifice he went to annoint a new king. He covered that up by saying he was going to sacrifice to the Lord. Just becasue he did sacrifice does not meana he did not decieve.
You're calling God a liar, but the theories of men will never replace God's truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 05:33 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You're calling God a liar, but the theories of men will never replace God's truth.
No I am not -your response is pathetic in regard to someone who is just pointing out facts that you refuse to accept. God allowed Samuel to decieve them as to his true intent - which was to anoint a new King.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 05-14-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,953,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No I am not -your response is pathetic in regard to someone who is just pointing out facts that you refuse to accept. God allowed Samuel to decieve them as to his true intent - which was to anoint a new King.
The serpent deceives people into eating forbidden fruit (lying) when they're in a tight spot, even though God has warned them. Revelation 21:8 paints a dire picture for all liars, not just some of them.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The serpent deceives people into eating forbidden fruit (lying) when they're in a tight spot, even though God has warned them. Revelation 21:8 paints a dire picture for all liars, not just some of them.
Sounds like it's a problem for you not me.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,035 times
Default Common sense

Rahab was not a Christian, (No Chritians in the old testament) Rahab was used by God for this very reason. Rahab had heard about the Herews and their 'god'. She did not believe in and on God at the time. Therefore, Rahab could not commit a sin against the 'Law' she had no connection to. Rahab later believed and became a forebearer of and lineage in Jesus Christ's 'Earthly', Family. So she did sin but it had no bearing on her at the time because she couldn't have been a Christian was not a Hebrew and was not held to the Law of Moses at that time. Consider God's attributes and you will see why he used an unbelieving ***** to save his people. Her lie mattered only for rescuing the spies. It was not a lie she was held to , at the time, for salvation...

Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,545,729 times
Quote:
Lying so called Christians are not going to heaven. The children of God do not willfully lie. If you're asked a question that you do not want to answer, then don't answer it. Just because Rahab lied, that does not mean that God's will was done in the matter. Likewise, just because Jacob deceived his father Issac about the blessing, that does not mean it was God's will for Rebecca and Jacob to handle it like that. We have to rightly divide the word of truth. Matter of fact, afterward, Jacob endure many years of being deceived by Laban; you reap what you sow.
HEB 11:31 "By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace."

Genuine faith comes from God. She believed in the God of the Jews; she had faith because God Himself gave it too her. Therefore her faith and lie in this case was righteous because she protected the Innocent. Would you not lie to protect a battered women if she took refuse in your home from the one that would harm her until the authorities were notified? In war, would you not lie to protect your fellow soldiers position if captured? If you would not then you have a serious lack of righteous judgment and are only thinking of yourself and can not weigh things in the balance as God does.

ECCLES 7:16 "Be not overly righteous; neither make yourself overly wise: why should you destroy yourself ?
ECCLES 7:17 Be not overly wicked, neither be foolish: why should you die before your time?
ECCLES 7:18 It is good that you should grasp this; and also do not not remove your hand from the other;for he that fears God shall come forth of them all."

God does not speak of this principal much in the Bible because immature people have a tendency to over play this truth and get into trouble, but the mature will understand. Most lying is sin but not all. You do not tell a women that her dress is awful if she is too sensitive, even if you personally don't like it; such things are subjective and have nothing to do with righteous character where it counts.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
You can't help but think what the mind of fundamental christianity would have done back in the day of Rehab.Probably shrieked at the thought that God was willing to look over her sin and save her from what was coming, critized everyone who was willing to look over her sin and told her God is for her,told her she needs to repent from being a harlot first before she could even think about experiencing anything of the goodness of God,gave her a KJ bible and said see you Sunday in church,we might just think you're for real if you turn up.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-15-2011 at 06:50 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 05:26 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
"Most lying is sin but not all. You do not tell a women that her dress is awful if she is too sensitive, even if you personally don't like it; such things are subjective and have nothing to do with righteous character where it counts."

Yes, all lying is sin..... and yes it does have to do with righteous character as God hates lying, actually any sin..... that is why He sent Jesus to us, to deliver us from our sin....

The mature individual in Christ would not lie to the woman who is sensitive..... the mature individual who does not care for the dress on the sensitive woman would communicate to the sensitive woman in a caring way, by maybe saying..... "well, to be honest it is not my style of a dress, but, if you like it that is what is important. I see this or that with the dress, yet, that is what I believe.... what do you think ? "
Honest communication is so important..... especially when we are doing it lovingly, caring and in HONESTY !!

What is awful if you as a friend or spouse keep lying to that individual or spouse and the majority of other's in her life tell her the truth about the dress or anything..... she will in time loose that trust in what you may say to her..... especially in other circumstances, situations that maybe more important then a dress in the future !!!

Regardless, people look for integrity in other people..... even if they don't like their opinion..... Christian or not !!!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsomi View Post
Rahab was not a Christian, (No Chritians in the old testament) Rahab was used by God for this very reason. Rahab had heard about the Herews and their 'god'. She did not believe in and on God at the time. Therefore, Rahab could not commit a sin against the 'Law' she had no connection to. Rahab later believed and became a forebearer of and lineage in Jesus Christ's 'Earthly', Family. So she did sin but it had no bearing on her at the time because she couldn't have been a Christian was not a Hebrew and was not held to the Law of Moses at that time. Consider God's attributes and you will see why he used an unbelieving ***** to save his people. Her lie mattered only for rescuing the spies. It was not a lie she was held to , at the time, for salvation...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,545,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"Most lying is sin but not all. You do not tell a women that her dress is awful if she is too sensitive, even if you personally don't like it; such things are subjective and have nothing to do with righteous character where it counts."

Yes, all lying is sin..... and yes it does have to do with righteous character as God hates lying, actually any sin..... that is why He sent Jesus to us, to deliver us from our sin....

The mature individual in Christ would not lie to the woman who is sensitive..... the mature individual who does not care for the dress on the sensitive woman would communicate to the sensitive woman in a caring way, by maybe saying..... "well, to be honest it is not my style of a dress, but, if you like it that is what is important. I see this or that with the dress, yet, that is what I believe.... what do you think ? "
Honest communication is so important..... especially when we are doing it lovingly, caring and in HONESTY !!

What is awful if you as a friend or spouse keep lying to that individual or spouse and the majority of other's in her life tell her the truth about the dress or anything..... she will in time loose that trust in what you may say to her..... especially in other circumstances, situations that maybe more important then a dress in the future !!!

Regardless, people look for integrity in other people..... even if they don't like their opinion..... Christian or not !!!
That might be a poor example as to what I am trying to say and you used such an example to deny all the other things that I said. Sounds like you are swatting at a fly and swallowing a camel. Actually I should not even have used such an example because it so trite, and has nothing to do with lying but rather only an opinion. I might not like the dress but others will and so I might defer to their opinion to bolster her self image. Your opinions and mine are not Truth. To say you are a thief or any such thing when you are not, is lie that harms and that will anger God and man.

Again here is what I said that has the meat of what I mean. This is the wisdom of God and Truth:

ECCLES 7:16 Be not overly righteous; neither make thyself overly wise: why should you destroy yourself ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity