Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Yup. You do that with your own bible. You don't do the reasearch to see what is true and you hold onto what you have been taught by other ignoraant men. The blind leading the blind. You ignore what Jesus taught and dwell on the things that don't matter. When you love God and each other, there is nothing in the world that can stop you from moving mountains. You keep your fear and I'll keep the Love that Jesus offered.

I personally like to hear what people have to say. I may not always like it but on the other hand, I may learn something. If it doesn't speak of Love, I know it's not Truth. Your bible is one big horror story so maybe you should tear out the OT and only keep parts of the NT.
Research says there is a global one world government emerging (so does prophecy.) Research says it will come about in the name of peace and safety (so does prophecy.) Research says it a one world religion based on Luciferian theosophy will emerge out of the guise of merging all religions for peace (prophecy declares luciferian one world religion.) Research says there will be no way to buy or sell without the mark. (Look up RFID chip Radiofrequency Identification (RFID) << FDA website). Prophecy states there will be 10 kingdoms. Research shows the NWO will have 10 kingdoms. Prophecy declares the world will reject the one and only true messiah Yahushua.

Here is only some of the programming going on.

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 5 of 5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAO3O57_j2o

Yes the good old Egyptian sun god/demon horus looks to be making a come back. Who is the sun god of Greece? Apollo. Biblical scholars link these all back to the Babylonian Tammuz. Tower of babel run by Nimrod and Semiramus. The first New World Order.

And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. Revelation 9:11 (King James Version)

9:11 << interesting. Heavily occultic date. We all know a huge event that happening on 9/11. Here is another.

YouTube - New World Order

Bush gave his New World Order speech on 9/11/91. It's not hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

If one chooses ignorance that is Yahuwa's gift to all, even though it might have eternal consequences. Don't claim ignorance is evidence. This evidence needs to be used to wake up Yahushua's sheep.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-10-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Research says there is a global one world government emerging (so does prophecy.) Research says it will come about in the name of peace and safety (so does prophecy.) Research says it a one world religion based on Luciferian theosophy will emerge out of the guise of merging all religions for peace (prophecy declares luciferian one world religion.) Research says there will be no way to buy or sell without the mark. (Look up RFID chip Radiofrequency Identification (RFID)). Prophecy states there will be 10 kingdoms. Research shows the NWO will have 10 kingdoms. Prophecy declares the world will reject the one and only true messiah Yahushua.

Here is only some of the programming going on.

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 5 of 5)

Yes the good old Egyptian sun god/demon horus looks to be making a come back. Who is the sun god of Greece? Apollo. Biblical scholars link these all back to the Babylonian Tammuz. Tower of babel run by Nimrod and Semiramus. The first New World Order.

And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. Revelation 9:11 (King James Version)

9:11 << interesting. Heavily occultic date. We all know a huge event that happening on 9/11. Here is another.

YouTube - New World Order

Notice the date. It's not hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

If one chooses ignorance that is Yahuwa's gift to all, even though it might have eternal consequences. Don't claim ignorance is evidence. This evidence needs to be used to wake up Yahushua's sheep.

Sounds like plenty of content from Christianity still flourishes at this forum, why are people complaining again?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
And you have shown them what about Christ? That you wish they would go away..........
Actually, my pleasure is to debate atheists.

But there are times when I want to discuss christian issues. I really dislike when atheists jump in and offer their "opinions".

Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure you find it comical to see a Christian trying to discuss the Bible and have his/her voice drowned by a gang of atheists and universalists outnumbering him/her ten to one. Nah, the OP is right, this is not a Christian board, it is an anti-Christian board.

What you fail to comprehend is that many of us are former Christians, who after careful and critical examination of the beliefs, found it to be seriously wanting.

If one is not willing to give a defense for the beliefs that they hold dear when others challenge that belief with sound evidence, then perhaps that one should steer clear of public forums. Just saying...

Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I still consider myself a bordline fundamentalist about core Christian principles, but when I came here, I wasn't expecting the Fundy Inquisition...(awaits someone to do the punchline)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I've been teaching the word of God since day one. The only thing I do now is condemn anyone to Hell but try to explain Hell to the person with love.
That sounds like a neat trick. How do you explain such a heinous evil and incomprehensible fate with love? How can you expect anyone to believe you have the slightest idea what love is? When was your day one 1993?
Quote:
And if I do talk about Hell, I talk about repentance and how you can go to Heaven. But I'm sick and tired of those pc people who think they can silence me on my opinions and God's word on things such as homosexuality and unbelief and all kinds of stuff. I will never stop speaking on the fact that they are sins. I don't care who you are or what year it is. Thank you for this beautiful thread. I needed to know there are still people who believe in Biblical truth!
As opposed to real truth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That tolerance pc crap that the liberals have came up with in these last days is EXACTLY what's going to land most people in the fires of Hell for eternity. There is no such thing as tolerance. Because everyone is intolerant of something in their lives. If your not tolerant of me and my beliefs, then your not tolerant PERIOD. If your tolerant of homosexuality but yet intolerant of beastiality or pedophilia, then your INTOLERANT. Your a hypocrite parrot parading around as a liberal. I hate people who push that tolerance crap and say they are Christians when God's word clearly says otherwise.
Yeah . . .right . . . Jesus wouldn't be caught tolerating those prostitutes, drunks, sinners . . . and He definitely would never have tolerated anyone scourging Him or crucifying Him either. He would smite them!
Quote:
Explain to me what the heck scholars have to do with anything? If they haven't repentened and accepted Jesus as their savior, their not even going to Heaven! And that's a helluva alot of scholars and professors in universities!! I can't believe human being put people on pedastools when most of them are not even saved!! That's the dumbest crock of BS I ever heard of. This life is only for a moment. You only get a little bit of time on Earth. When you die, what the hell does all this scholar crap matter?!
Oh . . . Nothing . . . if you prefer ignorance and praise it as a sign of your faith in the ancient ignorance of our savage ancestors.
Quote:
And there is the punchline.
Quote:
Actually it is scholars that have come up with what you believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not all. There are real Christian sites out there. There are also 'on-line missionary' sites where you can volunteer to answer questions about Christ. These are sites where people come not to tear down Christians, but to honestly seek God. They write from all corners of the world, and have sincere questions about God. Many write from places where Christianity is forbidden, or where people know almost nothing about Jesus, places like mid-east. China, India, Africa etc.
What this means is there are sites out there that only agree with Finn and his friends and do not ALLOW any other viewpoints whatsoever, period . . . especially the evil URs.
Quote:
Sounds like plenty of content from Christianity still flourishes at this forum, why are people complaining again?
You know the fundies are going to complain about everything that defies the ancient ignorance they praise as the infallible truth.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:51 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

But there are times when I want to discuss christian issues. I really dislike when atheists jump in and offer their "opinions".
Why is that???????? Do the "opinions" of Christians have more truth than the "opinions" of agnostics or athiests?????? Opinions are like butt holes...everyone has one. Just because an "opinion" comes from a Christian rather than a non-Christian doesn't make that "opinion" any more valid. Jeez, Christians fight more amongst themselves than with the agnostics and atheists any day on this forum...ya'll have no unity regarding Christian thought and beliefs and can't agree on anything...ya'll make it very easy for the agnostics and atheists. Just saying...

Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

And you are forced against your will to let it bother you and respond?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:56 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
LOL close enough. I also would have accepted: " (band blaring) NO ONE EXPECTS THE FUNDY INQUISITION!!" lol Though, Monty Pythonjokes aside, the sad thing is that I have come to expect it.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:20 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Why is that???????? Do the "opinions" of Christians have more truth than the "opinions" of agnostics or athiests?????? Opinions are like butt holes...everyone has one. Just because an "opinion" comes from a Christian rather than a non-Christian doesn't make that "opinion" any more valid. Jeez, Christians fight more amongst themselves than with the agnostics and atheists any day on this forum...ya'll have no unity regarding Christian thought and beliefs and can't agree on anything...ya'll make it very easy for the agnostics and atheists. Just saying...
Truth is absolute and independent of our opinion. Thinking doesn't make it so. Truth is not relative to our opinion.

"Christian" has become a loose label. Followers of Yahushua the messiah is supposedly what it's labeled from. Many have fallen from his teachings however. You can't look at the organization, you look at the person Yahushua. What does he say. What he says is truth.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Yahushua was the creator entering his creation to be the ultimate prophet and sinless sacrifice for our sins. The evidence is out there. The walk is with faith but not blind faith. All religions including the atheistic religion is based on faith. They need more faith than the Bible-believing Yahushua follower however. Followers of Yahushua; however, have a lot more hope. Putting the great hope of reigning with the messiah in the millenium and potentially into eternity aside, start with the question "what is truth."

Start off at absolute truth, and go from there. You have to peel off layers of lies to get there. I'd be glad to point you in the right direction. PM me and I'll send you in the right direction toward truth. You need to come to your own conclusion though.

The greatest barrier of truth is presuming we already have it.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-10-2011 at 01:38 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 01:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What you fail to comprehend is that many of us are former Christians
Why do you think I fail to comprehend that?

Quote:
If one is not willing to give a defense for the beliefs that they hold dear when others challenge that belief with sound evidence, then perhaps that one should steer clear of public forums. Just saying...
The OP is not talking about willingness to give defence for their beliefs. There is a time and place for everything, and maybe bashing Christians and flooding the forum with anti-Christian messages and beliefs should be done at some place other than a "Christian" forum. Do you know what a 'troll' is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity