Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times

Advertisements

I personally think His grace abounds for those who constantly commune with Him. Some people act like they are never going to face judgement. If the Bible is only half true, this generation and this country is is big trouble. The Founders were men of prayer, even Franklin recommended it. Franklin was not perfect, nor were the disciples of Jesus......... they believed and saw the power of prayer. I have learned to pray about every thing, I'm still not perfect, But I believe I will go up and not down. And no one has made a argument that could chance my mind........

Last edited by bluescityleon; 05-17-2011 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I have learned to pray about every thing, I'm still not perfect, But I believe I will go up and not down.
And no one has made a argument that could change my mind...
What goes up, must come down; for all men die eventually.

(According to the
laws of physics and the Scriptures)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What goes up, must come down; for all men die eventually.

(According to the
laws of physics and the Scriptures)
The scriptures defy physics as we understand it.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
Quote:
I personally think His grace abounds for those who constantly commune with Him. Some people act like they are never going to face judgement. If the Bible is only half true, this generation and this country is is big trouble. The Founders were men of prayer, even Franklin recommended it. Franklin was not perfect, nor were the disciples of Jesus......... they believed and saw the power of prayer. I have learned to pray about every thing, I'm still not perfect, But I believe I will go up and not down. And no one has made a argument that could chance my mind........
How good do you have to be to get into Haven? You mean Club Haven in New York? You mainly have to be over 21 unless you're coming on a special occasion, then you just can't enter the bar area. If you're on the VIP list you may be able to be considered good enough even if you...

ok, You need Jesus and enough action to at least demonstrate that you have faith if you live long enough to have the opportunity. If your UR, then it might be argued that eventually you will get to Heaven if you accept Jesus in the afterlife and pay for your sins in the afterlife before you do so if you did not do this when you were alive. I personally hope thats an option.

Sorry, miss spellings in the title of a thread will not be tolerated by me without the use of humor. Especially when its late and I had a beer.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 AM

207 posts, read 714,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
How good do you have to be to get into Haven? You mean Club Haven in New York? You mainly have to be over 21 unless you're coming on a special occasion, then you just can't enter the bar area. If you're on the VIP list you may be able to be considered good enough even if you...

ok, You need Jesus and enough action to at least demonstrate that you have faith if you live long enough to have the opportunity. If your UR, then it might be argued that eventually you will get to Heaven if you accept Jesus in the afterlife and pay for your sins in the afterlife before you do so if you did not do this when you were alive. I personally hope thats an option.

Sorry, miss spellings in the title of a thread will not be tolerated by me without the use of humor. Especially when its late and I had a beer.
I can relate. I've had a couple cups of coffee and I keep having to go to dictionary.com to keep those squiggly red lines out. Side issue. It seems that the common perception of Heaven (or Haven if you please) is a place up in the sky where we float around on clouds and play harps. I believe the Kingdom of Heaven mentioned in the Bible is an entirely new dispensation where the spirit and physical world are somehow as one and the veil that separates the two is rent in two. In order for that to happen is for all evil to be put down and everyone's sins to be forgiven that will inhabit this new world. There is a heaven mentioned in the Bible that refers to the current spiritual realm where there is a battle going on. That's because the kingdom of Satan has not yet been vanquished. My $0.02 worth.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,829 times
I have found that god has blessed me he has always been there in my hour of need, and there has been many. I find that he pulls me out gives me free will and I mess up again. I think everyone thinks they are here for a reason including me. I hope I figure it out soon. I believe I am punished quite often and deserve it I believe in balance. But for sure I know I get scared when, well I guess I need to show more appreciation ,get on a run and just do the right thing all the time. I think most religions are corrupt maybe not all but most that's y I prefer a personal relationship with god. And as far as God goes there has been to much that has happen for there not to be. Thanks for listing boy jut think if we all just did the right thing all the time. I'm lucky i live with 3 angels. Remember everyone has someone something looking out for them. maybe in addition to God it is the conscience he gave us

Old 05-18-2011, 01:42 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
You can be as good as you want as doing good helps you stay positive. However, you must have the substance of God in order to enter His Kingdom. Good deeds don't cut it. Become perfect as our Father is perfect. How did Jesus do it and do the same thing.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
I personally think His grace abounds for those who constantly commune with Him.
AISI This is cart before the horse thinking. His grace abounds to sinners, or they would not be now communing, now would they?

"Heaven" is partaking of perfect love and being transformed by it - not some literal place to go later by earning grace through communion. See what I mean?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:53 AM

589 posts, read 1,559,661 times
First thing is to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, then repent. The word 'repent' does not mean being sorry although we must feel that way in order to change, it simply means 'go back'... that is to go back to God's Law which is all the 10 Commandments.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Look no further than John 3:16- "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son (Jesus) and whosoever BELIEVES in Him shall NOT perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE (heaven)."

You'll neve be "good enough" for God. He is Holy and perfect.

But He loves you so much that all you have to do to go to heaven is accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. Not accept Jesus Christ + do 3 good deeds a day. Not accept Jesus Christ + tithe 10% of your income. Not accept Jesus Christ + teach a Bible study. All of those things are good, but they won't help you go to heaven if you haven't done the one thing God asks- accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity