Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

In times of great distress my prayers are silently said as I roll up my sleeves and dig in anyway I can help, as do millions of other people..People taking care of people shows Christ quicker than handing out tracts, etc in a disasterous time..

Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Supplies, donating money, donating is good, but Jesus is better them supplies, and money can buy!

Mark 8:34-38 "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
For whoever is ashamed of Me!
This reminds me of an old story I heard years ago:

A great flood was coming to town and everyone was ordered to evacuate. Everyone left except one man. His neighbors asked, "Did you hear the warning? Aren't you leaving?" "No", replied the man. "God will save me"

The water started getting high around his house with waves lapping at the steps. A man came by in a boat and saw the man stranded on his front porch. "Get in the boat! I'll take you to higher ground", the man yelled. "No", replied the man. "God will save me"

The water got higher and higher so the man had to get on his roof. A rescue helicopter saw him and dropped a rope. "No thanks", replied the man. "God will save me". The water rose higher and the man drowned.

The man was shocked to find himself at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. He was even mad. God met him at the gates and the man scoffed, "Why didn't you save me God? Why?" God replied, "I warned you, then sent a man by with a boat, and then I sent a rescue helicopter. What more did you expect?"

Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
I think she's having a rough week here. Maybe some of the following will cheer her, and or others, up.

Dewey Christian Church accepting donations for Joplin tornado victims

Local group driving to Joplin, Mo., to help tornado victims; supplies, volunteers needed - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

High Demand for "HOPE for Joplin" T-Shirts - OzarksFirst.com - Convoy of Hope is a Pentecostal/AoG charity.

Duggars lend helping hand after tornado hits - TODAY People - TODAY.com

Old 05-26-2011, 07:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The best choice is to kick Christianity to the curb........ Life will be much better......
There are many days I would agree with you. I think Christianity should wrap up the last 2000 years with, "love God, love your neighbor." That oughta do it. (and, if they had been taught correctly in the first place, they would know their neighbor is everybody)

If anybody wants to help Joplin or anybody else around the world, this is true religion: James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress (and I'm sure we can add caring for the sick, homeless, and victims of tragedy...).

Old 05-28-2011, 01:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Many church members including my son are in Joplin now and helping with feeding the people who are displaced with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They are helping to clear the land of the trees and debris.

It is such a time of turmoil on the earth today.

God's love for his people will be made manifest in those who help others in there trials and tribulations. God Bless the people of Joplin. They need our help today and for a long time to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity