Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:37 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times

Advertisements

pennsylvanian: very true. we must persevere also...very good point!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God can only help one fix that which he/she fully desires to extinguish. So long as one puts the desires of the flesh over the love for God, then sin will abound until that soul dies in their sins; and then comes the judgement.

Romans 8
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

So, fall in love with Jesus and you'd be amazed at how the lust of the flesh is crucified.
Cop out answer. "If you're still gay, you obviously didn't pray hard enough". God, for whatever reason, has chosen not to change the sexual orientation of the overwhelming majority of his followers. Deal with it.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Fiyero, I'm not saying that it will happen with everyone but you know what, with God, nothing is impossible. How much did these others really want change in their lives...we don't know that. Unless a person is willing to surrender all to God, chances are very slim that things are going to change. And with today's mentality, people simply don't want to surrender everything to what the world considers a myth or some fantasy. Only with a true faith that God can change things will circumstances change.
Yes, I'm sure trying to kill themselves over a dozen times and begging God every single night for almost 15 years to fix it means, "they didn't really want it".

Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
True. Anyone who acknowledges the Word of God as true, in the areas which pertain to, 'arsenokoitai' (homosexuals),
Arsenokotai has never in 1900 years meant homosexuals. Stop making stuff up just because your inaccurate English bible tells you it's so. Conservatives publishers made that up to increase Bible sales! Heck, the word itself disproves the theory it means "homosexuals". Arseno means man. Homosexuals includes men and women. Arseno does not talk about women at all. Obvious error!

Quote:
Because it has been so unjustifiably engrained into our society that homosexuality is a normal variation of sexual orientation, and because this myth has been so widely supported on so many levels, over time, the myth easily becomes intertwined with an individual's identity. Real freedom may take months, or years, to achieve. But, the sincere confession of faith is predicated by an individuals motivation to continue.
It is a normal variation. Hence why it's prevelant in over 450 animal species. Do penguins have a demonic spirit that turned them gay? How about giraffes?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
You straight people need to seriously stop worrying to much about gay people, especially ironic since they're basically NO threat to anyone.

I was born gay, had issues coming to terms with it when I was younger, but have done so now and am perfectly happy. It's pretty sad I'm fine with my life, don't hurt anyone and go on living my life just like allllll you other straight people - but you just can't get over it. Have you ever even met gay people? Have they tried to personally destroy your life?

It's really so pathetic people are wasting what little time they have on earth getting all angry about and fighting something they don't even understand - and really have no rational reason to even think about. It's like me spending my life dwelling on people who are left handed. I mean who cares? You think we're all going to hell? Fine, so be it. We're not starting this fight, you are. Say your peace and then go be at peace.

I love how religious people think they know more about being gay then the tens of millions in this country who actually are gay. Maybe I'll go preach to a bunch of black people about what I think it really means to be black (you know, since i know best) - see what they all have to say. And you wonder why gays get defensive and argue back.....

Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
It seems to me a lot of people get caught up in the acts and lust (whatever they determine that to be) rather than love. Most long-term homosexual partners feel the same love that heterosexual partners feel - very unselfish, commited, confident love.

How do you address that? To me it seems "love never faileth" overrules a lot of these petty arguments.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM

698 posts, read 647,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So you just completely ignore the previous verses which put it all in the context of the idolatrous worshipping of pagan gods?

That's the danger with cherry-picking verses from the Bible out of context.
You are accusing me of ‘cherry picking’? How am I ‘cherry picking’?

Old 05-26-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
It seems to me a lot of people get caught up in the acts and lust (whatever they determine that to be) rather than love. Most long-term homosexual partners feel the same love that heterosexual partners feel - very unselfish, commited, confident love.

How do you address that? To me it seems "love never faileth" overrules a lot of these petty arguments.
I've actually heard from Christian fundies that gays are incapable of love, and trying to pretend they are in loving relationships is degrading to the true love of heterosexuals.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Arsenokotai has never in 1900 years meant homosexuals. Stop making stuff up just because your inaccurate English bible tells you it's so. Conservatives publishers made that up to increase Bible sales! Heck, the word itself disproves the theory it means "homosexuals". Arseno means man. Homosexuals includes men and women. Arseno does not talk about women at all. Obvious error!

It is a normal variation. Hence why it's prevelant in over 450 animal species. Do penguins have a demonic spirit that turned them gay? How about giraffes?
Glad to see that it's not only conservatives capable of making things up. Liberal researchers make things up to keep their business going also.

Too bad you need to justify perversion with the animal kingdom. It used to be considered racist to compare certain race of peoples to animals ...... now we have homosexual behavior being compared to animal behavior.

Anyone who attempts to justify ones treatment of another on the conclusion of the behavior of the animal kingdom, will one day will be shown who truly has the demonic spirit.

Oh to be soooo enlightened.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

You forget the most important "love" ........ love for the truth.

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

To love the Lord your God, is to love the truth. God calls homosexuality "immoral", "perversion", "unnatural" and one of outward expressions of idolatry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity