Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times

Advertisements

Jesus TRIED to tell Judas he would betray Him...3x before the chicken (can't say the other word here) crowed,as a matter of fact.he didn't believe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 09:41 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Jesus TRIED to tell Judas he would betray Him...3x before the chicken (can't say the other word here) crowed,as a matter of fact.he didn't believe him.
I think you're getting your Apostles mixed up, SC122. Jesus never told Judas that he would do anything three times before the **** crowed. He told Peter that he would deny knowing Him three times that night, and that is exactly what Peter did. He also knew that Judas would betray him, and when they were eating the last supper together, Jesus told him to go and do what he was going to do.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
ok sry then,wrong disciple!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Aisi, we all have Judas (the son of perdition) in us, and we all have Christ (the Son of God) in us.

May Christ arise in our hearts today!

Blessings!
brian

Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
You have to understand Judas' point of view along with Jesus'. Jesus didn't know that Judas would betray Him. Jesus knew Judas from childhood as they were well acquainted and good friends. I know the bible doesn't state this but it is a truth. Judas knew of all the miracles that Jesus was able to perform so when the pharasees asked Judas to show them Jesus, Judas thought that Jesus would perform the same mircles that he had been shown. But Jesus didn't. He didn't even try to defend Himself as He worked for God and not man. Judas was so distraught over what happened to Jesus that he killed himself. He knew then what he had done to our most beloved brother. Judas is now in the Celestial Heavens and has been forgiven of his betrayal. We have quite a few messages from Judas and he tells of his time in darkness, the person who helped him out and he is now helping others to become At-One with God.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 858 times
There is no traitor other than the blind and Judas was used so where was his free will, how can that which is made question the maker is what we have been told, whereas Esau from birth was hated. Does not make sense to me. Where is the free will, if you are approved do as you please, if you are hated you are condemned because I say so.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:00 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Down through history and even up to today, Christians have associated the name Judas Iscariot with being a vile traitor but is this realy so? When I look at the relationship between him and Jesus Christ, I see Judas as being a very important "pon" if you will, in prophecy being fullfilled. Without Judas, Jesus would never have been captured and crucified and thus, would not have died for the sins of mankind. This compounded by the fact that Jesus knew what was about to happen, who would be behind it, and failed to stop it or at the very least take precautions as not to be captured, makes me think that Jesus and Judas were infact working together.

So in a nutshell, why do Christians claim that Judas Iscariot was a traitor when infact without him, prophecy would have failed to be fullfilled???
We all have one assignment or the other to do on earth after which we depart. We all are pieces of the puzzle. At the human level we call it free will but nothing happens on earth without happening in heaven. The ability to do good is caused by God, ditto the ability to do bad. Judas did his job well but the significance should not be lost on us. It means that in every gathering, there must always be a betrayer!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Quote:
Judas Iscariot; Traitor? . . . or Integral Piece of the Puzzle?
Both, obviously.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:50 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Reference to post #2. God uses the free will of man to achieve His purposes without violating the free will of man. There is no contradiction.
God ordains free-will. meaning free-will is God's will. meaning it is not my will. meaning it is not free. I cannot will it away, but God can. to God it is free, to us, it is expensive. Never do I remember choosing to be human, choosing to have a will that can go above God's, or to it's same level. How can something be completely under my control, when it is even more completely under the control of some distant, non-human being. Infact, even in this moment I wish and will that God would stop this torture, and remove this halve-truth from our faiths. there is no free-will, only allowed will with a limited extent. We are forced to live like this, unable to break logic, unable do do impossible things. We are being used to amuse God's purposes, not our own. there is no free-will. All there is is contradiction, as ordained by God.

** that was narrative btw. non of what was written was meant to be in portrayal of my actual believes. Simply an excercise in thinking.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:57 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Judas had no other choise but to betray his cult leader...

whether it was because his life was in danger or he needed the money...
whether is was becasue he wasn't convinced of Jeshua's claims...
whether is was because he was the most faithful and believed that Jeshua would smite the Romans and would fullfill prophecy upon his death...
the failure of his cult leader must have caused him great grief, that he had been such a fool.
No one kills themselves over believing they followed God's plan to allow the murder and human sacrafise of His demigod son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity