Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times

Advertisements

IN reality, if you believe something that's proven to not be true, you're called either a liar or stupid. (not ignorance, since ignorance implies not having had the information to begin with)

I live in a rural state, small town. I am gay, have been as such my whole life with NO CHOICE MADE. being gay does NOT mean that you're 'more sexual' than straight people, being gay is NOT a behavior, it's a sexual orientation. There is no 'gay lifestyle'. I have the same lifestyle as the average american in a small town rural state does. I go to work, grocery shopping, watch tv, read etc. I have barely dated because I believe that the right person will be there when the time is right and if you try too hard you're not going to find the right person. JUST LIKE MANY STRAIGHT PEOPLE DO.

if i was to be in a relationship the PRIMARY thing driving it would be LOVE and COMMITMENT... NOT SEX.

I am an HONEST, GOOD, HARDWORKING person. Actually EXTREMELY honest. I even have a degree in religion.

You can gather this INFORMATION about the FACT (not belief) that being gay is NOT a choice NOR a lifestyle, by talking to FIRST HAND PRIMARY SOURCES>.... GAY PEOPLE!

There is NO excuse to believe LIES when you have walking proof to ask if you want to know.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
You may have been born with a desire for the same sex, but you choose to act upon it -- and therein lies the sin.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You may have been born with a desire for the same sex, but you choose to act upon it -- and therein lies the sin.

You were born with the desire for heterosexual sex, but how come it's not a sin if YOU 'act on it'.

Why should I not find happiness with another person according to MY BORN orientation just so that you can keep your religious worldview in tact? Should i sacrifice my life for strangers.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You were born with the desire for heterosexual sex, but how come it's not a sin if YOU 'act on it'.
It is a sin if I don't act upon it within God's Word.

Quote:
Why should I not find happiness with another person according to MY BORN orientation just so that you can keep your religious worldview in tact? Should i sacrifice my life for strangers.
You can do whatever you want, for a season -- but then there's the judgement. Your lack of belief does not change any thing.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Gay people can marry too. and my church performs gay weddings. the ELCA lutheran church

You can do whatever you want, for a season -- but then there's the judgement. Your lack of belief does not change any thing.

Your BELIEF does not change reality any more than a muslims belief does or a buddhists belief does. If i believe in santa clause that doesn't make it any more real.

If a Jehovahs witness believes something different from you or me it doesn't make it any more real.

Belief in a regional tribal warrior God (Yahweh) doesn't make them exist.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:

siince i wouldn't be doing anything you're not doing, I guess however I"m judged would be how you're judged then... so kudos for me

Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 PM

8,180 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
There is no 'gay lifestyle'. I have the same lifestyle as the average american in a small town rural state does. I go to work, grocery shopping, watch tv, read etc. I have barely dated because I believe that the right person will be there when the time is right and if you try too hard you're not going to find the right person. JUST LIKE MANY STRAIGHT PEOPLE DO.

Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know what the heck "gay lifestyle" is supposed to mean, I've always thought that was a strange term. What the heck is a heterosexual lifestyle?

Great post.

I think, for some folks... (notice I said "some") like to have something to pick on and draw attention AWAY from themselves. Homosexuality is a prime target for some folks. Because it's the easiest for them, because of course, they are heterosexual and that is the way they were BORN and so they feel like they can throw stones all they want because they know that's the ONE thing they'll never DO! People like to make theirselves feel safer by picking on others. It is bullying behaviour and it is what insecure or fearful people do. So if they believe that homosexuality is a "sin", then it's the "sin" that they will gravitate to and shine a spotlight on. All the while keeping the spotlight off of their own "sins" they know they commit, which may include: greed, lust, jealousy, hatred, lying, stealing, etc.

My take on at least ONE reason some folks don't want to listen to and hear what homosexual people are trying to tell them: Basically, they don't want to give up their stone throwing target.

If they would just realize though, as much as they are set in their minds: "Homosexuality... ME??? NEVER!!!!" why do they not understand that it is the same for those who are homosexual? If it is THAT STRONG, why won't they believe it is THAT strong for others?

Again...
When the stone throwing target is removed... the spotlight shifts to theirselves. Oh, and you know we can't have that!!

Just my humble opinion.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know what the heck "gay lifestyle" is supposed to mean, I've always thought that was a strange term. What the heck is a heterosexual lifestyle?

Great post.

I think, for some folks... (notice I said "some") like to have something to pick on and draw attention AWAY from themselves. Homosexuality is a prime target for some folks. Because it's the easiest for them, because of course, they are heterosexual and that is the way they were BORN and so they feel like they can throw stones all they want because they know that's the ONE thing they'll never DO! People like to make theirselves feel safer by picking on others. It is bullying behaviour and it is what insecure or fearful people do. So if they believe that homosexuality is a "sin", then it's the "sin" that they will gravitate to and shine a spotlight on. All the while keeping the spotlight off of their own "sins" they know they commit, which may include: greed, lust, jealousy, hatred, lying, stealing, etc.

My take on at least ONE reason some folks don't want to listen to and hear what homosexual people are trying to tell them: Basically, they don't want to give up their stone throwing target.

If they would just realize though, as much as they are set in their minds: "Homosexuality... ME??? NEVER!!!!" why do they not understand that it is the same for those who are homosexual? If it is THAT STRONG, why won't they believe it is THAT strong for others?

Again...
When the stone throwing target is removed... the spotlight shifts to theirselves. Oh, and you know we can't have that!!

Just my humble opinion.
EXACTLY. you are a hundred percent correct. These people can't honestly see that there are others who are just innately 'different' from them, so they think that we're 'doing something wrong'. I wish they'd understand that it's no different than saying 'i don't agree with blackness' or the 'black lifestyle' and then being angry with black people for having black skin and calling it a sin.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM

8,180 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
EXACTLY. you are a hundred percent correct. These people can't honestly see that there are others who are just innately 'different' from them, so they think that we're 'doing something wrong'. I wish they'd understand that it's no different than saying 'i don't agree with blackness' or the 'black lifestyle' and then being angry with black people for having black skin and calling it a sin.
Exactly.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Any one could make the same argument for the things that they do wrong. "Hey, I am born this way". As to your analogy of people's skin color, that makes no sense whatsoever. One's skin tone has nothing to do with right and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity