Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:25 PM

5 posts, read 10,029 times

Advertisements

Why is it that Luke 17:24-36 is never mentioned when the Rapture is discussed? I find that these verses clearly show when the Rapture will occur so I've made the following article to show how I see things. Can anyone show how this passage can be viewed differently?

The following chart and text examine the verses in Luke 17:24-36 which are entirely about the day Jesus returns like lightning. I start with Matt. 24 to show the timing of the verses in Luke 17:24-36.
Point 3 on the chart is Matt. 24:21, the Great Tribulation, and then after the tribulation …
Point 5 (Matt. 24:27, 30) says that Jesus will appear like lightning - Luke 17:24 is the parallel verse.
Now let's follow the verses in Luke 17 which describe Jesus' return AFTER the Great Tribulation.
Points 6 and 7 (Luke 17:26-29) describe the sudden destruction of sinners in the days of Noah and Lot then …
Point 8 (Luke 17:30) says that it (the destruction) will be just the same when Jesus returns. Also …
Point 9 (Luke 17:31-33) says that “ON THAT DAY” no one should look to earthly things but to remember Lot's
wife because …
Points 10 and 11 (Luke 17:34-35) say that “one will be taken and the other left” and this is the Rapture.
So, AFTER the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return like lightning to rapture believers and to destroy sinners.

This chart shows the flow of events as:
1) The Antichrist ………………………………… at Point 1.
2) The Great Tribulation ………………………… at Point 3.
3) Jesus appears like lightening …………………. at Point 5.
4) The Rapture and the Day Of The Lord ……….. at Points 8 to 11.

Rescuing the righteous and then destroying the sinners was the pattern in the days of Noah and Lot and Jesus said, in Luke 17:30, that it would be the same when He returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
We should be worrying more about if we'd even be eligible for a rapture and how we as believers will be judged on that day of judgement at the Bema seat of Christ. We should all be striving for "sanctification."

I will say with the Rapture aside, it does not look like the majority of believers would survive through the great tribulation to reach a post-tribulation rapture. I won't get into the rest because I don't think it matters. Be prepared to endure to the end. The Rapture won't be voluntary on our part. I guarantee there will be a deception here, and all signs to the deception being pre-tribulational (not saying the true rapture is or not.) Don't be surprised if it comes and goes and you as well as I are still here. That's when it's time to get the Bible out and take to the streets.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
We should be worrying more about if we'd even be eligible for a rapture and how we as believers will be judged on that day of judgement at the Bema seat of Christ. We should all be striving for "sanctification."

I will say with the Rapture aside, it does not look like the majority of believers would survive through the great tribulation to reach a post-tribulation rapture. I won't get into the rest because I don't think it matters. Be prepared to endure to the end. The Rapture won't be voluntary on our part. I guarantee there will be a deception here, and all signs to the deception being pre-tribulational (not saying the true rapture is or not.) Don't be surprised if it comes and goes and you as well as I are still here. That's when it's time to get the Bible out and take to the streets.
Hello there. I replied before but it was deleted for some reason. I forgot what I said but I agree that walking with the Lord is the main thing by far. But Jesus warned us sternly in Matt 24 to be careful not to be deceived ... four times, I think. He said that many would depart the faith and that we have to overcome to the end so it is important to have a close walk with the Lord.

The idea behind my article is to get people aware that the church is not going anywhere until after the Great Trib and we have to be prepared for it.

God bless,
Mick

Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianIssues View Post
Hello there. I replied before but it was deleted for some reason. I forgot what I said but I agree that walking with the Lord is the main thing by far. But Jesus warned us sternly in Matt 24 to be careful not to be deceived ... four times, I think. He said that many would depart the faith and that we have to overcome to the end so it is important to have a close walk with the Lord.

The idea behind my article is to get people aware that the church is not going anywhere until after the Great Trib and we have to be prepared for it.

God bless,
Mick
Hey Mick I think the "beginning of sorrows" of Matt 24 parallels the five seals of revelation. I definitely could be wrong. Both seem to signify that believers will have to take a stand at the beginning of the "70th week of Daniel." Something to look into if you haven't yet. Basically it's not too long after the one-world religion is implemented.

It makes sense. If no pre-tribulational rapture occurs, the believers will reject the NW religion rejecting John 14:6. They will be gone relatively quickly for not participating. With the technology nowadays, I think they will have it on lockdown for anyone not participating. Enter Noahide Laws? Very well could happen, and I see it happening. Laws are in effect in the U.S. and in Europe. We just have that darn "Constitution" getting in their way. They have plans for getting rid of it (dictator powers for "national emergency." Saying Jesus is God the Son is Idolatry and Blasphemey from the Jewish Zionist perspective. It could get interesting very quick.

It does look like it will be a quick transition. People won't know what hit them. I don't think all the charts in the world matter; however. God is not going to let his true people be decieved. He will make the wise of us foolish. So we need to make sure we are "in Christ" and he lives through us. Prepare to shine some of his light in a dark world, humble ourselves, pray, and sanctify our souls.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

As for this world leader, he looks to deny John 14:6 with a concept of religious tolerance and that all religions are praying to the same God. How does catholicism merge with Islam?

YouTube - ‪Rik Clay & 2012- RIP 4‬‏

None other than "Mother Mary." Islam venerates her as well. "Mother of Harlets?" I sure do think so. Jezebel spirit uniting the world for the return of her husband. Sure interesting times we live in.

This is comforting.

Revelation 17:17

King James Version (KJV)

17For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Boy are we seeing that! We just need to make sure we're in Christ. It's all about our heart.

God bless brother. Their very well could be a pre-trib rapture so who knows. Very good born-again believer bible scholars all over the place on this. I don't think it's intended for us to know because someone else isn't suppose to know.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:

God bless,
Mick
I can go along with that. I still believe in the end times and I don't think there's going to be a magical rapture to sweep only the good among us away......who among us is good? I mean, get real. It may be time to get prepared for something, I just don't know what. Are we living in the end times? Yes, we most certainly are. Are things going to get worse in our country? Yes, they most certainly will. Does that affect the whole world if the US meets its' demise? Yes, I think it might, for a while. Then, it would be forgotten.

I got a good book to suggest, "one second after"......can't remember the author but it's a good read and could qualify as the Great Tribulation, that's for sure. It's a definite possibility. Read it and see for yourself. There's only one difference, and it's the ending.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Hey Mick I think the "beginning of sorrows" of Matt 24 parallels the five seals of revelation....
I agree. I have a PDF which has a chart comparing Matt 24 with Rev 6-8. The link to the article is
http://www.christianissues.biz/pdf-b...urnofjesus.pdf

God bless,
Mick

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
God said in Revelation 22:18....those who add to HIS WORD....shall suffer plagues. The word ''Rapture'' is a false, deceitful word. Much FALSE TEACHING has been spread using the word 'Rapture''

2 Thessalonians should be studied.

King James Bible - Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book

Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
OP,

I used to believe in rapture when I had not known Christ. Now the scale has fallen off, the Hply Spirit teaches that

a) christ will be born in the world but with a new name from a rejected Gentile nation.

b) He will be an Edomite

c) His kingdom, which starts as a mustard seed will overcome all other kingdoms (Dan 2:44)

d) He will come in the Kingdom established by his Father

Believes on rapture is a misunderstanding of scripture.

" to meet the Lord in the air... and so shall we always be with the Lord ".

Shall we remain forever suspended in the air? Where is the air? The air simply means the world. Why the world? Because the Kingdoms of the world have become the Kingdom of Jehova God and his Christ and he shall reign forever.

Christ will rule in that kingdom as man. Rev 12 v 5-6.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
OP,

I used to believe in rapture when I had not known Christ. Now the scale has fallen off, the Hply Spirit teaches that

a) christ will be born in the world but with a new name from a rejected Gentile nation.

b) He will be an Edomite

c) His kingdom, which starts as a mustard seed will overcome all other kingdoms (Dan 2:44)

d) He will come in the Kingdom established by his Father

Believes on rapture is a misunderstanding of scripture.

" to meet the Lord in the air... and so shall we always be with the Lord ".

Shall we remain forever suspended in the air? Where is the air? The air simply means the world. Why the world? Because the Kingdoms of the world have become the Kingdom of Jehova God and his Christ and he shall reign forever.

Christ will rule in that kingdom as man. Rev 12 v 5-6.
It is the pure Air of the third Heaven that the church will be "caught up" into. In this pure Air are the Glory Clouds of Heaven. It is where the Water of Life comes from.
The Angels spoke to the disciples in the book of acts saying,
ACTS 1:11 "You men of Galilee, why stand you gazing up into heaven [this earthly heaven]? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven." Some translations say same manner but they are wrong.

That event of Jesus being taken up into a cloud is a real event that is a likeness of how He is actually returning! He is "coming in Power and great Glory." His Glory can cover the whole earth all at once, whereas a singular body form can not. Many such real events that Jesus engineered depict many spiritual truths such as when Jesus literally walked on water in the mist of a storm to show us that He is with us and we too, as Peter did at first, walk on the tribulations of life. If we keep our eyes on Him we can walk the whole distance.

MT 17:1 And after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into an high mountain."
MT 17:5 "While He [Jesus] yet spoke, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear you him." God speaks from the Cloud of Glory of the Heavenly Mt. Zion to those who "have an hear to hear."
MT 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Peter was not to tell because such a thing could not be understood until the day of Pentecost when the Spirit was given because spiritual things can only be understood by a spiritual mind in Christ.

We live in the 1st heaven called also the "Kingdom of Heaven within you." It is also likened unto a cloud that we are baptized into.Paradise is the 2nd heaven. The 1st and the 2nd will be joined together to complete the 3rd heaven!
2COR 12:2 "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knows such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2COR 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knows
2COR 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

IS 4:5 "And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place [you or me] of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies,a cloud" This MT. Zion that this scripture speaks of here is the Heavenly Mt. Zion and the clouds are a Heavenly ones!

And all is spoken of in,
HEB 12:22 "But you are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the Heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
HEB 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
HEB 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things that that of Abel."

There is now a Cloud of Glory upon every individual believer and a greater Cloud of Glory upon the Assemblies. Even where two or three are gathered together in His name there is greater Cloud of Glory to overcome division if we listen, and blend us together as a family. The greater Cloud of Glory works also like this: "One will set to flight a thousand and two will set to flight 10,000." The Power is exponential in strength with two or more.

MT 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Every every eye of every soul will see Him, not the carnal eye. He spoke of the souls eye/eyes over and over again.

"He is coming in the Clouds of Heaven with Power and Glory!" The Clouds are plural here because He has the Clouds of the 3rd Heaven to give to each one individually who "endure to the end." Peter was told not to tell what happened in the Mt. until the Son of God was risen. It could not be understood until the Kingdom came with Power and Spiritual insight on the day of Pentecost.

Now if all this is not understood properly it is because of what Paul said,
1COR 3:1 "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ."
MK 4:11 "And He [Jesus] said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
MK 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, He expounded all things to his disciples." It is only by the Spirit of the Mind of Christ can these things come to Life with Joy.

There is no Power if things are not expounded properly. Jesus said, "Be careful what you hear for in the measure you give it out it shall be measured to you." No truth no reward.

1COR 3:10 "According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1COR 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1COR 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1COR 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day [each and every day] shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1COR 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1COR 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

Last edited by garya123; 06-20-2011 at 10:59 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 AM

672 posts, read 665,388 times
Quote:
Why is it that Luke 17:24-36 is never mentioned when the Rapture is discussed? I find that these verses clearly show when the Rapture will occur so I've made the following article to show how I see things. Can anyone show how this passage can be viewed differently?

The following chart and text examine the verses in Luke 17:24-36 which are entirely about the day Jesus returns like lightning. I start with Matt. 24 to show the timing of the verses in Luke 17:24-36.
Point 3 on the chart is Matt. 24:21, the Great Tribulation, and then after the tribulation …
Point 5 (Matt. 24:27, 30) says that Jesus will appear like lightning - Luke 17:24 is the parallel verse.
Now let's follow the verses in Luke 17 which describe Jesus' return AFTER the Great Tribulation.
Points 6 and 7 (Luke 17:26-29) describe the sudden destruction of sinners in the days of Noah and Lot then …
Point 8 (Luke 17:30) says that it (the destruction) will be just the same when Jesus returns. Also …
Point 9 (Luke 17:31-33) says that “ON THAT DAY” no one should look to earthly things but to remember Lot's
wife because …
Points 10 and 11 (Luke 17:34-35) say that “one will be taken and the other left” and this is the Rapture.
So, AFTER the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return like lightning to rapture believers and to destroy sinners.

This chart shows the flow of events as:
1) The Antichrist ………………………………… at Point 1.
2) The Great Tribulation ………………………… at Point 3.
3) Jesus appears like lightening …………………. at Point 5.
4) The Rapture and the Day Of The Lord ……….. at Points 8 to 11.

Rescuing the righteous and then destroying the sinners was the pattern in the days of Noah and Lot and Jesus said, in Luke 17:30, that it would be the same when He returns.
Not bad analysis !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity