Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times

Advertisements

Lee, did you know that one beard/second = 100 angstroms? Please calculate how long it would take Jesus to get here, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 AM

142 posts, read 249,627 times
After being conditioned to think that you go to school, get a job, get married, get a place, have children, grow old, etc and that this is the way, it's a pretty crazy feeling to realize that the time for dying of old age could be past. The idea that instead of doing things the same way that everyone who came before has done it, our middle years will instead be replaced by the foolishness that evil men have laid out for the world. Can you imagine people trying to get married amidst foolishness such as this? I almost don't want to believe that this is my fate but I just can't see things remaining the way they are through 2060 (which had I grown up in a different time would be when I would think about old age) But if the world has to go through what is in Revelation then we might as well go through it. I see it as the scariest bridge ever. It's a terrible thing to go through but what lies on the other side is better than anything our original side has.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Just so that you know more fully my thoughts on this matter, I summit the following:
MT 24:6 And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that you be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
MT 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
MT 24:8 "All these are the beginning of sorrows."

MT 24:33 So likewise you, when you shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
MT 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Being fulfilled in this context does not mean come and gone but rather come into being as He explained: MT 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. If one were to say that fulfilled means come and gone then we would have to conclude that there will be no more war. The generation that He was speaking to saw the beginning of sorrows including Judea being cast out in circa 70 AD. He spoke of all this as the beginning of sorrows but they would not know of the very end, hour or day, when Christs returns. That was a separate matter.

There have been many generations that have seen kingdom against kingdom, famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in many places. So, which generation do you favor as being the one He was speaking to? Certainly not us or a future generation because it would nullify the statement: MT 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. We and generations gone by have all seen more then just a beginning of sorrows. Certainly this statement of Matt. 24:8 proves that we are not that generation and it will not be a future generation. As time goes by it is even less then a beginning of sorrows and more like a near completion of all things.

Anyway it has been stimulating to talk to you as it has sharpened my understanding even more so. "Iron sharpens iron." Peace to you Brother!
Amen! I think we're about to see something globally occur. The New Agers want it and are preparing their sect (Age of Aquarius). The political elite want it (calling it the "Golden Age'") and are preparing (New World Order). The humanists/atheists want it (yes you people want to think you can evolve and become gods.) Basically every body wants it that wants to throw the Bible away which says Jesus the messiah is the only way to God! It's a scary situation, and it will be interesting to see how the Pope especially acts in the days ahead.

"Guy Consolmagno, who is one of the pope's astronomers, said he would be "delighted" if intelligent life was found among the stars...
"Any entity – no matter how many tentacles it has – has a soul." Would he baptise an alien? "Only if they asked."
Pope's astronomer says he would baptise an alien if it asked him | Science | The Guardian

How does the Vatican respond? And why on the earth do they have an astronomer looking to the stars? We have plenty of problems here on earth they could focus those lens at and reallocate those resources. The Pope's already called for a New World Order. The Vatican also believes in "Dominion Theology". I'm finding other "Christian" groups such as "Joel's Army" are preparing to "take over for Christ" as they have this view as well. Interesting Sarah Palin, Tea Party Politician, evidently associated with this idea of dominionism.

Daily Kos: Sarah Palin: Dominionist Stalking Horse

A little scary here.

YouTube - ‪JOEL'S ARMY: an end time church (info video)‬‏

Are we going to be asked to repent in the name of Jesus at the sword of Dominionism? People claiming to do it for God's purpose?

This is a good presentation.

YouTube - ‪7: The False Armageddon -FollowersofYah.com‬‏

The rest can be viewed here.
FOLLOWERS OF YAH ~ The Answer is in the WORD ~ IN THE NAME OF YAHUAH AND YAHUSHUA

Interesting that the Aquarian/Atlantis "Mark of the Beast" religion I put on the front page states the return of the Christ will occur after "Mother Earth" goes through her birth pangs - earthquakes, volcanoes, etc...

As we know.. the end is not yet (Matthew 24:6) and it's the beginning of sorrows.

God bless everyone looks like a bumpy ride. Trust in the most high for discernment.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredre View Post
After being conditioned to think that you go to school, get a job, get married, get a place, have children, grow old, etc and that this is the way, it's a pretty crazy feeling to realize that the time for dying of old age could be past. The idea that instead of doing things the same way that everyone who came before has done it, our middle years will instead be replaced by the foolishness that evil men have laid out for the world. Can you imagine people trying to get married amidst foolishness such as this? I almost don't want to believe that this is my fate but I just can't see things remaining the way they are through 2060 (which had I grown up in a different time would be when I would think about old age) But if the world has to go through what is in Revelation then we might as well go through it. I see it as the scariest bridge ever. It's a terrible thing to go through but what lies on the other side is better than anything our original side has.
Amen! Scripture does say his people won't suffer God's wrath in a number of places. Read Thessalonians for some comfort there. This isn't to say we won't be tested. Pray a whole lot! God bless.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM

200 posts, read 252,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
...The technology nowadays would make it very easy to enforce a system in which "no one can buy or sell" without some type of affiliation/ Mark with some beast system. It's hard to imagine as we don't see this on the stage yet...
We see it all the time. It's called Sam's Club.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
We see it all the time. It's called Sam's Club.
Ahhhhhh.... so that's what "Member's Mark" brand is all about? Kind of creepy if I allow my imagination to run wild. If there is a corporation that could enforce the mark of the beast, I don't doubt that Walmart could and would do it. Even the name WALL MART sounds like a system to imprison people with buying and selling. But I just don't concern myself with trying to figure all this kind of weird stuff out. My ultimate salvation does not depend on me figuring out how the whole world is going to wind down. Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow because today has enough trouble of its own.

Heartsong

Old 06-30-2011, 02:08 PM

YouTube - ‪The 2012 NWO Agenda 9/14‬‏

I don't think you know who we're dealing with.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

I don't think you know who we're dealing with.
If you trust in Jesus, why are you terrified? Seriously.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Sprinkling that holy water on a sodium-based lifeform would sure make things interesting.

That astronomer would probably go running for an exorcist.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma T View Post

There is no rapture. It does not even mention that word one time in the bible. How can people secretly be taken to heaven when it states in the bible that the lord will return, the clouds rolled back, trumpets sounding, and all will see and bow? This does not sound like a secret snatching to me. When the Lord returns it will be as in the days of Lot and Noah...In both cases the wicked were removed...not the saints.
That's exactly the way my mother believed, that the wicked would be removed, not the righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity