Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times

Advertisements

Twin do you know every time you think carnally this is death too.Please do not even think about telling me you are 24/7 spiritually minded. I think it would be wise of you to quit talking about death so much and lift up the Life that is the light to all men.

The fact remains Jesus Christ never spoke how you and the rest of the fundies think he spoke to sinners, if it was harsh,a rebuke or anger it was 100% of the time directed at the fundamentalist system of the day and those who were sold out to it., that knew nothing of the love,grace, and mercy of God,if they did it wasn't long before it forgot the love,grace and mercy it had been shown.

I also think you need to be reminded, that those who were entering in were doing the will of the Father......................think hard about what this means, you can be rest assured it's nothing to with reading the bible,praying going to church and knowing all the correct doctrines, because all these thing the scribes and Pharisees did, and yet the tax collectors,publican and prostitutes were entering in before them.Why ? because they received the love,grace and mercy of God to their hearts,rather than the techings of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,513,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twin do you know every time you think carnally this is death too.Please do not even think about telling me you are 24/7 spiritually minded. I think it would be wise of you to quit talking about death so much and lift up the Life that is the light to all men.

The fact remains Jesus Christ never spoke how you and the rest of the fundies think he spoke to sinners, if it was harsh,a rebuke or anger it was 100% of the time directed at the fundamentalist system of the day and those who were sold out to it., that knew nothing of the love,grace, and mercy of God,if they did it wasn't long before it forgot the love,grace and mercy it had been shown.

I also think you need to be reminded, that those who were entering in were doing the will of the Father......................think hard about what this means, you can be rest assured it's nothing to with reading the bible,praying going to church and knowing all the correct doctrines, because all these thing the scribes and Pharisees did, and yet the tax collectors,publican and prostitutes were entering in before them.Why ? because they received the love,grace and mercy of God to their hearts,rather than the techings of men.
John 8:51
"I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.”

John 11:26
whoever (1) lives and (2) believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Jesus says "Do you believe this" ....the woman replied "yes"

Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday.
Jesus says the same question today .... I answer yes.

Do you really think one can answer "no" and still never see death?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:56 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,947,657 times
Quote:
Wonderfully said, pcamps.

Love, gracy and mercy.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,029,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

then the wicked (those on the left, the goats) goes to eternal punishment, the righteous (those on the right, the sheep) goes to eternal life.

This still all comes down to who is the great I AM. When Jesus says:

"I never knew you: depart from me" ...
  1. does Jesus have the permission from God to say this
  2. does Jesus imply that "never" occured because a lack of effort on God's part
  3. if not God..does Jesus imply "never" is temporary till they get their act together
It's comical how the bar moves .... it goes from:
  1. There is no such thing as hell
  2. God is love.. he has no wrath. Wrath is a human emotion.
then when it's too obvious their against the truth .... it shifts to:
  1. Well there is a hell..... however it must be:
    • escapable
    • endurable while in there
    • only for the people who didn't get clued in while alive
  2. Well God has "wrath" ... but it must be:
    • a good thing because it refines
    • a for a while till you're a little scared
    • not that good to expose everything evil that only unbelievers are subjected too
Twin, your posts are beginning to sound like that of a raving lunatic. I can't imagine anyone being drawn to Christ by the way you express yourself. When/if agnostics read your stuff, no doubt they think to themselves, if this is "Christianity", I want no part of it. Ugh, just ugh!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Jesus says "Do you believe this" ....the woman replied "yes"

Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday.
Jesus says the same question today .... I answer yes.

Do you really think one can answer "no" and still never see death?
Twin you are seeing death and experiencing it too along with the rest of us ,every single time you think carnally.

For to be carnally minded IS death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6

This is why we need to transformed by the renewing of our minds,because the way we are thinking is the cause of what we are experiencing.

I admonish you to begin thinking on these things instead of death thoughts.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, THINK about these things.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,709,259 times
Quote:
You mean the same verse Jesus was "educated" on when he said:
  • Luke 18:17
    "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
  • Mark 3:29
    "whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven"
The fate of unbelievers who are pounding on the outside of the door ....
  • they will never enter it.
  • they will never be forgiven

Jesus' word specifically explains the condition God hold for anyone who desires never see to see death.
The plan that God established \ approves is (1) >>>> AND <<<<< (2). Only then a person "will never die".

Jesus provides no other scenerio like "dying and eventually all will believe in me"
Amen... Twin.spin !! Thank you !!
I praise the Lord for the endurance and courage He has given you speaking His truth boldly !
Though there are many who oppose and fight against God in spirit...... standing in defiance against the word of TRUTH..... there are just as many or more that are hungry, thirsty to hear God's word spoken in spirit and truth, faithfully...... we know that God has sealed them in His Spirit and they'll never hear the words, "I never knew you, depart from me" !! God promised that there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.(Rom.8:1)..... amen !!

Also, I can see..... even though there is this great opposition here.... God is so using it to teach many in this end times apostasy..... teaching His faithful ones to discern in this hour.... For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ(Jude1:4).
These false teacher's who parade around in false humility, speaking with flattery lips words to deceive and trying to ensnare God's people, especially those who have grown weary, some that are new believer's, some who are on the fence, some who are hearing the voice of God and seeking Him for salvation.
These false teacher's with their false teachings have crept in deceitfully and have become instruments some unknowingly, some willingly too try and kill, still, and destroy those who want/are believing, trusting, honoring and obeying God with all their heart and will never hear..... " I never knew you, depart from Me !!

This morning the Spirit has brought back to remembrance that our Lord God Jesus Christ promised.....
Those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Amen, our God is faithful and He will keep His saints to the very end !!
Keep speaking with all the courage, boldness in God's grace He has given you..... in being His spokesman for His truth, amen !!!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Twin, your posts are beginning to sound like that of a raving lunatic. I can't imagine anyone being drawn to Christ by the way you express yourself. When/if agnostics read your stuff, no doubt they think to themselves, if this is "Christianity", I want no part of it. Ugh, just ugh!

You read my mind.

Christianity has got a personality disorder ...

God is love/no, God is hate.
God saves/no, it's up to you to save yourself.
God is merciful and forgives you all your sin/no, God is going to lock you in hell for eternity and throw away the key if you (believe the wrong things and/or behave the wrong way).

Depending on your state of mind at any given time, you can find something within Christianity to confirm your highest hopes or your worst nightmares.

What a confusing and mixed message Christianity gives.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You read my mind.

God is merciful and forgives you all your sin/no, God is going to lock you in hell for eternity and throw away the key if you (believe the wrong things and/or behave the wrong way).

Depending on your state of mind at any given time, you can find something within Christianity to confirm your highest hopes or your worst nightmares.

I agree Pleroo,God is still working on that personality disorder i inherited from the teachings of men.

for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace 1 Cor 14:33

Old 07-10-2011, 10:38 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,637,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You read my mind.

Amen, I like that......"Christianity has a personality disorder." It is very confusing and gives mixed messages but some of us are trying to correct that very thing by continuing in our efforts to prove that God IS LOVE.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
I agree Pleroo,God is still working on that personality disorder i inherited from the teachings of men.

for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace 1 Cor 14:33

Me too. I suppose the mixed message/confusion could be reflective of the natural state of mind of many of us, otherwise why would we have fallen for it in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity