Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 AM

910 posts, read 1,340,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yeah well it seems everyone has their own ideas of how long a "generation" actually is.......until we can all agree then all the predictions must stop. Yeah, right.
Ilene,

I did not dream this up. A careful study will reveal the same thing.

every 2000 years, God changes things in the world. His generation is 2000 years.

Adam to Abraham - first generation

Abraham to Christ - 2nd generation of 2000years

Christ to King Of Kings - started 2001 April

When Christ said this generation will not end before they see the kingdom of God manifesting he was indeed correct. We are in the era of 2nd coming, the era of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, which explains why we are having so many problems in the world. These problems are all a process of birth pains- leading to the eventual survival of one kingdom - The kingdom of God. When he comes, he will not be called Jesus or Christ and the world will not know him like in the first advent, and the world will reject him.

If he has not come, then the scriptures are wrong. But the scriptures are correct, so perhaps you want to recheck your understanding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,650,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Ilene,

every 2000 years, God changes things in the world. His generation is 2000 years.

Adam to Abraham - first generation

Abraham to Christ - 2nd generation of 2000years

Christ to King Of Kings - started 2001 April

When Christ said this generation will not end before they see the kingdom of God manifesting he was indeed correct. We are in the era of 2nd coming, the era of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, which explains why we are having so many problems in the world. These problems are all a process of birth pains- leading to the eventual survival of one kingdom - The kingdom of God. When he comes, he will not be called Jesus or Christ and the world will not know him like in the first advent, and the world will reject him.

If he has not come, then the scriptures are wrong. But the scriptures are correct, so perhaps you want to recheck your understanding?
The great and terrible Day of the Lord prophesied to occur 300 times + throughout the old and new testament hasn't occurred yet with the tares being separated from the wheat. Thus the Christ Yahushua/Jesus is not here yet.

The bad Jesus comes first. He fools all the world except his true "elect."

Read 2 Thessalonians 2; Matthew 24; Daniel; and the Book of Revelation.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:08 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The great and terrible Day of the Lord prophesied to occur 300 times + throughout the old and new testament hasn't occurred yet with the tares being separated from the wheat. Thus the Christ Yahushua/Jesus is not here yet.

The bad Jesus comes first. He fools all the world except his true "elect."

Read 2 Thessalonians 2; Matthew 24; Daniel; and the Book of Revelation.
Excuse me, but the great day is not the day he comes into the world. He would have been ruling in the world as a thief before that great day. That is the confusion of many a christian. Mathew 24 is still not well understood.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,641,253 times
[quote]
Quote:
Ilene,

Yes you did "dream it up" because you're the only one I've ever heard say that a generation is 2000 years. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Understanding of what? That you're wrong and I'm not? I understand that quite well. I'm not saying there won't be a second coming but I would never assume that my calculations and predictions (which I would never do to begin with) are written in stone and I'm the only one who has the answers. That's beyond arrogant and downright scary.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,650,753 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but the great day is not the day he comes into the world. He would have been ruling in the world as a thief before that great day. That is the confusion of many a christian. Mathew 24 is still not well understood.
This is exactly why everyone that is serious about the truth and salvation needs to have their own personal authorized KJV Bible and let the Holy Spirit, not man (including me) be their guide.

Matthew 24 KJV

"23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

The "Thief in the night" means people won't have warning. It will come upon them without them realizing it. It will be sudden.

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24:38-39 KJV

It does not mean it will be a secret. Jesus even says himself if they (Malbron?) say he's in the "secret chambers" believe it not. (ibid)

So who are we to believe? Jesus of Nazareth the lord of Lords and king of Kings in his prophesy or those that say him "coming as a thief" means he's in the "secret chambers?"

Everyone will most certainly know that day when Jesus comes back in the second advent. It will be no secret. But they will have no clue when. It will catch everyone unawares. Better get "in-Christ" if you're not by repenting and remiting of sin via blood of Messiah Jesus. I don't wish that day on anyone.. well maybe a few deserve it. It will be the great day of Justice of our God. Don't be on the falling edge of the sword when it does. We still have the mercy seat of Christ. I going to start begging people to go to it.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Daniel 9:24 KJV

It hasn't happened yet. Christ our Lord is not reigning as King. Sin is very much still alive and well.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,082,278 times
2,000 years too late, not to mention he was a bit late before. Not to mention "the rapture" is not actually a biblical doctrine. Biblically, I believe Christians were meant to suffer the test of the anti-Christ. I most certainly believe they should be ashamed of their tardiness, both of these characters, i suppose. The husband who makes his wives wait, is a shame unto himself... he should pay for the oil they wasted waiting on him. And his choices to act like a thief? It shall be his own punishment, when some of his brides treat him as one. I will most certainly not wait at the altar, both because he failed to propose convincingly, and he has already failed countless brides who needlessly died waiting. Plus, I happen to be heterosexual, and I respect the sanctity of marriage. *end satire*

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 07-25-2011 at 12:02 AM..

Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 AM

488 posts, read 1,253,367 times
grace still abounds but the door will be shut soon. the rapture is near. it is our great escape.. escape from the Great Tribulation.. escape from the most severe and harsh part of the tribulation. (not the whole 7 years).. once it has happened, you can still make a choice for Jesus but you will have to pay a price for it, just like the apostles did. Peope left behind and those turning to Christ after the Rapture will likely have to choose martyrdom if they want to maintain their committment to Jesus..
but it must be noted that on the day of the Rapture, many will die in the sudden destruction, so they just won't have the chance to repent afterwards.. yes, perhaps there are people out there, atheists, who would put their faith in Christ during the Great trbiulation, but they will die in the sudden destruction.. well, many will have waited too long.. that's why it is so important to choose Jesus today, because the future is unknown.. even if we know we are in the final 7 years, and we know what to expect more or less (as written in the scriptures), tomorrow is unknown, and we do not know when the last moment comes in our life. Jesus is coming soon and you can bank on it.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,138,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you see the world we live in?! Completely plagued in darkness and evil! Why would ANYONE want to stay here and not wait for their blessed hope is BEYOND me! I am sick and tired of sin, evil, darkness, demons, and all other forms of unrighteousness seeping throughout this nation! There is no hope for the U.S. with God-hating people gaining control and in office! They will destroy this nation! If you are a Christian and you expect this country's condition to get any better, keep dreaming! Jesus Christ is returning no matter WHAT any of you say! This is the EXACT time he prophesied about in the Bible! If you ever heard of the last days, your living in it!! If you haven't woken up to that fact, then you are blind! Blinded by Satan and you willfully let him do that because you refused to trust in God! Mankind is full of evil. If mankind wanted to turn to God, then most of us would have! This world wouldn't have a last days because we would seeking God's mercy and blessing for everything and we would have been fine! But because most of mankind historically has ALWAYS chosen darkness rather the light, that is why so many people end up in Hell! There are no ifs, ands, or buts, about it! This is reality and fact!! It's soley up to you to choose what side you will be on and who will be your God. Do you choose the world, darkness, and Satan or will you choose the light and Christ?! That is what it ALL boils down to. And there is NO escaping it! PERIOD. Know who you stand for in this world. And know where your going. Because many people will be going to an unpleasant place (Hell) after death because of either unrepentance, unforgiveness, & their rejection of salvation that God offered them! The Lord Jesus (God's son!!) is the ONLY reason any of us are here today! Because had he not died on that cross for us, YOU would not be here right now! You wouldn't have even been born! Remember this. And wake up from your worldly slumber! Turn to him! He is the light and way to eternal life in Heaven! The king is returning soon and you must NOT be caught sleeping and unaware! Awaken now to the last days and evil around you and repent for your sins! The kingdom of God is near! Nearer than it has EVER been before! This is your warning! Do not get left behind! Repent for your sins, read his word, humble your spirit, and await his return!! He is coming soon!!

I know what you mean. I've been there. I've believed exactly the same way. But the thing is: the second coming isn't happening. And this world will be good sometimes and bad at other times (as it's been throughout history). And if people believe that all they have to do is to hold hands and WAIT for something and do nothing to change the world, that is a bad move. They will be stuck in "dark and evil" world for a long time.

How about "spread the light of love", how about be active in "loving thy neighbor" How about in trying to find good in people and good moments in this life instead of being prejidiced in your thinking and paint ALL in dark colors when it doesn't have to be that way. How about encouraging others to make this world a better place.... I know you don't believe it's possible. I've believed the same way. But it wouldn't hurt. And it WOULD help. Afterall, all the Christian testimonies show that's HOW it happens, that's how the world become a better place: when people DO something good and spread goodness. Waiting for something never solved any problems. (especially waiting for something that may or may not happen). If the second coming is going to happen, there is no guarantee it's soon. all the people through out all the ages believed that it's SOON. Even Paul and Peter believed that it's going to happen in their time. And it didn't. So it might be another 1000 years.... So hold off on just waiting and doing nothing and start spreading the good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity