Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The bible talks plenty about it ... The dead are resurrected, and the unbelievers and the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire, where they will be saved as though by fire, as the fire of Gods judgment is for the purpose of cleansing and purification. You are just willingly ignorant of the facts ...
Yes, people will be resurrected for judgment, but it does not talk about salvation after death. It is a universalist invention. The Bible talks about necessity of faith 200 times, but you'd rather believe a fabricated belief of forced salvation after death. The 'saved as though fire' is not about the salvation of the wicked, but the testing works of a believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you being the literalist believe that fire is for eternal torment and not for refining. Your bible is full of references to such a process of refining. Eternal torment was invented by men who knew not God and believed in by those (and I was once one) who are bible literalists.
heh-heh. You can't stop talking about hell, can you? How do you explain such obsession with hell and eternal torment?

Well, I have made my point here, and it was to say that unbelievers never become universalists, because ur is not the truth, and only the truth can set you free.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,773,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, people will be resurrected for judgment, but it does not talk about salvation after death. It is a universalist invention. The Bible talks about necessity of faith 200 times, but you'd rather believe a fabricated belief of forced salvation after death. The 'saved as though fire' is not about the salvation of the wicked, but the testing works of a believer.
Like i said, you are just willingly ignorant of the facts ...

Old 09-17-2011, 12:35 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
God talks in the Bible how believers of Him are refined with fire, meaning he is molding us into His image. The refining stops at the first death.

The Lake of Fire is not for refining, it is to destroy.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:37 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
heh-heh. You can't stop talking about hell, can you? How do you explain such obsession with hell and eternal torment?

Well, I have made my point here, and it was to say that unbelievers never become universalists, because ur is not the truth, and only the truth can set you free.
FJ you are a piece of work. If you want to be literal about what a unbeliever becomes after believing it's certainly not a Christian or any other label you obviously think we should own. God desires all to believe,it doesn't state he wants them to believe in ET,UR or any thing else, but who the Truth IS,which Jesus Christ said he was.

Let me tell yo this FJ,There is far more yet to be discovered than UR,and one thing I know for certain,all who are rejecting UR will also reject further light that is discovered in Him.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,412,097 times
Lightbulb How Jesus Handles Being Given Everybody And Everything

Quote:
Jesus did not speak about such proces, so you invented it.
Scroll down and click on
How Jesus Handles Being Given Everybody And Everything
Understanding Universal Salvation Part One

Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Like i said, you are just willingly ignorant of the facts ...
Or maybe you are

Old 09-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
FJ you are a piece of work. If you want to be literal about what a unbeliever becomes after believing it's certainly not a Christian or any other label you obviously think we should own. God desires all to believe,it doesn't state he wants them to believe in ET,UR or any thing else, but who the Truth IS,which Jesus Christ said he was.

Let me tell yo this FJ,There is far more yet to be discovered than UR,and one thing I know for certain,all who are rejecting UR will also reject further light that is discovered in Him.
I do not reject the truth, I only reject universal salvation.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,773,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God talks in the Bible how believers of Him are refined with fire, meaning he is molding us into His image. The refining stops at the first death.

The Lake of Fire is not for refining, it is to destroy.
The only thin being destroyed in the lake of fire are unrighteous works and the carnal nature ... And your false religion.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
I do not reject the truth, I only reject universal salvation.
I figured that,because from previous conversations I have had with you,you mostly definitely have never been in error in what you have believed since you made a decision for Jesus. For the record I have been, and have no doubt in some areas I still am,but I trust him to keep me open hearted enough that I recognize the Light he's restoring back to His church.

I can't believe I have put down a great book to be going back and forth with you Finn,I hope someone lurking may have got something from it.

Ps

The book is "A young man's Jesus",by Bruce Barton, it,s only a dollar on kindle,if you're interested Finn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity